Make a donation

Author Topic: Candy White GT TDI owner  (Read 4037 times)

Offline Sharif

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 4
    • Email
Candy White GT TDI owner
« on: April 19, 2011, 04:00:37 pm »
Hi guys,

Recently picked up a 2004 MK5 GT TDI 140 in Candy White with 19" Lm reps, Jamex coilovers and tints.

Plans are GTI front bumper and R32 rear with a remap and I am done.

Heres a rolling shot my friend took:

I wanted to know, I have found a R32 rear, just the lower valance, will I be able to just buy this part and attach it to my current bumper, or will I need to get the whole R32 rear bumper?

Thanks guys

Sharif

Offline Jack Rabbit

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
  • Born on Beat
    • Email
Re: Candy White GT TDI owner
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2011, 04:02:58 pm »
Hello  :smiley:

Offline parks

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 17
  • Red ED30 No. 1778 Detailing World member
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2011, 05:18:41 pm »
I believe that the lower half is detachable ablllowing you to just fit the lower half Inc plastic trim and r32 style exhaust.
Standard: Rear parking sensors, Parrot Bluetooth
Retro fitted: MFSW buttons, RCD510, Boot pop, Black Monza II, Xenons, Audi jacking points, open fog light grills.

Offline MJR

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 3
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2011, 05:20:51 pm »
Post a pic of your current rear bumper  :happy2:
Bye Bye VW Candy White Golf GTi  :'-(  (sadly missed!)
Bye Bye Ford Fiesta TDCi Zetec! (piece of s**t!) lol
Hello Honda Accord GT Tourer! schaweet!

Offline Sharif

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2011, 05:24:14 pm »
Thanks for the replies, heres a picture of the current rear bumper:

Offline MJR

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 3
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2011, 05:28:02 pm »
Yeah you would need the R32 bumper, as you don't have the lower insert part on yours.
Bye Bye VW Candy White Golf GTi  :'-(  (sadly missed!)
Bye Bye Ford Fiesta TDCi Zetec! (piece of s**t!) lol
Hello Honda Accord GT Tourer! schaweet!

Offline Sharif

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2011, 05:31:22 pm »
Sorry just realised what I wrote was incorrect.

I meant like you have the top and bottom half of the bumper. If I just bought the lower part of the R32 bumper, could I attach this lower part of the bumper to my current bumper? Or will I also need the top half of the R32 bumper?

E.g. this part:

Offline Sharif

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2011, 05:36:54 pm »
Hello and welcome to the club;
I have got same car 2.0 TDI; a very sensible choice indeed for power and economy,

as for the bottom valance off R32 will fit straight up.

I wish a candy white was available when i was buying mine your car will be quite nice when bumpers are on  :congrats: though as a mild suggestion the car would be nicer if it had gti front and rear bumpers (which is cheaper for the rear valance and exhaust ) or a pair of r32 bumpers; both of which would look very nice indeed, im not trying to kill your idea tho congrats once again what kind modding you gonna do to the interior has it got any extras on the car?

Thanks for the welcome. Yes it was a very good choice, I'm glad I chose this car instead of the Audi TT which I was going to get instead. Thanks for that, I have found the whole R32 bumper for £300, is this a fair price?

I see what your saying about the matching bumpers, but I prefer the GTI Front to the R32 front and I prefer the R32 rear to the GTI rear lol.

I spent 6 hours yesterday changing the RCD 300 unit for a Pioneer single din unit, got the 4 guage Autoleads wiring kit and connected my JBL 10" Sub and amp from my previous cars, just ran into a lot of problems which is why it took a long time to fit.

Extras wise it has the 6CD changer, climate control, my sisters MK5 1.9 TDI has a better spec lol, hers has the rear parking sensors, front valance colour coded and the floor lights in the wing mirrors.

I may get an R32 interior but this will not be for a while.

Offline Sharif

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2011, 05:50:43 pm »
TT  thumbs down glad you came to your senses lol

your sis golf must be fully loaded  :drool: so she must have retractable mirrors too

ive had mine 2yrs now and not given me any trouble really... apart from alternator belt broke..wow no big deal you will be well sorted with your golf  :wink:

Lol The 225bhp and Quattro made me want one, plus a friend has a 330 bhp one which is very fun!

Yeah I think her car has a very good spec, mine doesnt have folding mirrors but hers does lol.

This car has been expensive maintainance wise since I purchased it, I already have had it serviced, MOT'd, cambelt and waterpump changed and I still need to get two front tyres. Most of the important maintainance has been done, so time to enjoy it now the weathers good!

Offline Sharif

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2011, 07:18:22 pm »
300 is a bit much for bumper to say that the only thing defining an R32 is the bottom valance...it wants to be half of that personally

im sure dealer isnt even 300 for the bottom piece check it out before you buy one sometimes the dealer surprises ya lol

It was £300 for the whole bumper (top and bottom parts). Well if anyone sees any decent priced GTI front bumpers and R32 rears could you please let me know, thanks  :happy2:

Offline Kalpsn2000

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 56
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2011, 11:57:26 am »
Hello and welcome to the club;
I have got same car 2.0 TDI; a very sensible choice indeed for power and economy,

as for the bottom valance off R32 will fit straight up.

I wish a candy white was available when i was buying mine your car will be quite nice when bumpers are on  :congrats: though as a mild suggestion the car would be nicer if it had gti front and rear bumpers (which is cheaper for the rear valance and exhaust ) or a pair of r32 bumpers; both of which would look very nice indeed, im not trying to kill your idea tho congrats once again what kind modding you gonna do to the interior has it got any extras on the car?

Thanks for the welcome. Yes it was a very good choice, I'm glad I chose this car instead of the Audi TT which I was going to get instead. Thanks for that, I have found the whole R32 bumper for £300, is this a fair price?

I see what your saying about the matching bumpers, but I prefer the GTI Front to the R32 front and I prefer the R32 rear to the GTI rear lol.

I spent 6 hours yesterday changing the RCD 300 unit for a Pioneer single din unit, got the 4 guage Autoleads wiring kit and connected my JBL 10" Sub and amp from my previous cars, just ran into a lot of problems which is why it took a long time to fit.

Extras wise it has the 6CD changer, climate control, my sisters MK5 1.9 TDI has a better spec lol, hers has the rear parking sensors, front valance colour coded and the floor lights in the wing mirrors.

I may get an R32 interior but this will not be for a while.

Same here, I want to add the R32 rear to my GTI but can’t afford to right now.

Nice car by the way. Will look even better with the bumpers added :happy2:
Diamond Black 2007 (56) Golf GTI 3Dr DSG ¦ 18" Monza II's ¦ Cruise control ¦ MFSW ¦ Highline ¦ Rear parking sensors ¦ PDT Stage 1 ¦ Forge Twintake ¦ H&R Sport Springs ¦ NQSBBK ¦ R32 Rear bumper ¦ BCS Powervalve Sports R32 style TBE ¦ Valeo LED Rear Lights ¦ Xenon lights with HID kit ¦ DNX521DAB ¦ 12mm Spacers all round ¦

Offline cuprajack

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2011, 10:03:17 am »

Offline Sharif

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2011, 07:23:55 pm »
R32 rear for sale...http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,28232.0.html

Cheers buddy but it sold!

Possibly have found a GTI front, just awaiting news to see whether the clips are all intact.

Offline stealthwolf

• Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2011, 06:31:54 pm »
Hi and welcome.

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.

Offline Moschops

• Thank You
  • -Given: 118
  • -Receive: 23
  • Edition 30 No 2275
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2011, 11:09:14 am »
Hi and Welcome along.... :driver:
Cheers,

Wayne