Make a donation

Author Topic: Golf R or Audi S3 ??  (Read 27599 times)

Offline scooba

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 18
  • -Receive: 17
    • Email
Golf R or Audi S3 ??
« on: April 25, 2011, 03:50:43 pm »
Hi I am in two minds to sell my Mercedes C CLASS SPORT ,I was offered £23k today and thought that was ok and think there was more if i wanted to do a deal they were very keen against a new GTI

what should i look at spec wise ? my only concern is spec a GTI R to £35k+ a lot off money for a Golf 

Offline patrickcullen87

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 3
    • Email
Re: Golf R or Audi S3 ??
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2011, 03:58:41 pm »
It is alot of money for a golf yes, but they are pretty rare. I have seen about 3 golf Rs since they have been released and I do alot of driving! You see numerous amounts of S3's driving around these days and have kind of lost their wow factor in my opinion. I am gonna get alot of stick for this but me personally would get a Scirocco R if you are paying that kind of money  :drool: but thats just my opinion lol  :happy2:
Admin Notice Sig Removed - Signature images should be no bigger than 450 pixels wide x 150 pixels high

Saint Steve

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2011, 04:02:33 pm »
If you have the money .......Golf R demostrator if you can find one. 1 year old examples for reasonable money. ( for a golf )

Offline TagnuT

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 4
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2011, 04:43:42 pm »
When my car was in at the dealers for its service, they had a Scirocco R that was going out that day. Second hand one owner from new (the lady that had bought it new decided that after nearly a year she didn't like it) it came with no RNS but leather £26.5K.  Sorry but......... I would have thought that it would have dropped more than that in the first year.

*edit* After having a quick look on the VW car locator that wasn't too bad a price. I love Golfs but looking at the price of Golf Rs on there.  :laugh: I don't know what I would buy to be honest after the Edition 30......
« Last Edit: April 25, 2011, 04:51:16 pm by TagnuT »
Bye Bye Edition 30.

Offline scooba

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 18
  • -Receive: 17
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2011, 04:55:53 pm »
I have specd one up £38k R GTI, I have ben told 10% disc and trade my Merc in plus circa £12k.

Still thinking mint ED30 less than 10k miles and garage it and keep the Merc  I think i can get a mint one on a 08 for circa £15k ish private.

Offline TagnuT

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 4
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2011, 05:07:02 pm »
All depends on how much you want to spend and how much you want one... :evilgrin:
Bye Bye Edition 30.

Offline E30Dom

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 42
  • -Receive: 76
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2011, 05:49:31 pm »
23k on a low mileage high spec S3 would be my choice...
Diesel Daily Hack.

Offline welikeaps

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 22
  • -Receive: 15
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2011, 07:23:10 pm »
It is alot of money for a golf yes, but they are pretty rare. I have seen about 3 golf Rs since they have been released and I do alot of driving! You see numerous amounts of S3's driving around these days and have kind of lost their wow factor in my opinion. I am gonna get alot of stick for this but me personally would get a Scirocco R if you are paying that kind of money  :drool: but thats just my opinion lol  :happy2:

Agreed! S3s are done and dusted.  Simple!  The Golf R is veery expensive though but far more rare as I've only seen 3, 2 of which were on VW forecourts.

Offline Hurdy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 137
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2011, 07:46:28 pm »
The Golf R would be the better choice. As with most things, Audi gets the car first and then VW refines it and makes a better car without the issues. :happy2:

Golf R's are as rare as hen's teeth, good used Golf R's are even rarer. New R's are relatively expensive against an S3 spec for spec.

I was at Elsecar mega-meet today and there were four white S3's there , but not one MKVI Golf, let alone an R. There was a Rising Blue Golf R in the carpark which looked better than any of the S3's though!! :innocent:
Golf R gone.

h4rdy

« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2011, 07:55:16 pm »
I would buy a decent spec S3 and mod it to within an inch of its life :signLOL:

You can do it over time then!

Offline keith

• Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 32
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2011, 07:56:29 pm »
I would prefer the Golf R

Offline neg

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 7
  • gone old skool
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2011, 09:16:16 pm »
The Golf R is only rare due to the cost of it though surely .... like you say a lot of money for a Golf, a nice Golf mind you though.

Offline gazbutS3

• Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 55
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2011, 10:40:29 pm »
Exactly neg, the reason u see so many s3's is they are a bargain in comparison to the R and are the same thing only finished better  :grin: :grin:

Offline Cooper

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 8
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2011, 08:47:13 am »
The golf R is rare because the dealers only get a certain number of them to sell a year, not sure on the numbers for the golf r but my mate who is a salesman at the local dealer said they only allowed to order 4 scirocco r's per year and once they're sold that's it!
C63
SQ5

Offline Snoopy

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 31
  • -Receive: 15
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2011, 10:02:29 am »
S3 for me you get alot more for your money. But if your looking at high equipment specs for a Golf R then it gets near RS3 money so i would then go for that instead.
Ex mk5 GTI owner, moved to a mk6 in 2010.