Make a donation

Author Topic: Am I crazy to want to change car??  (Read 2270 times)

Offline Rampage

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 6
Re: Am I crazy to want to change car??
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2011, 09:54:06 am »
The flip side is that I have never owned a diesel that I have enjoyed to drive in comparison to my petrol cars. In fact I had actually started to hate driving and wondered why I use to miss driving when I was on holidays. It took getting the GTI to make me fall in love with driving again. However if cost is the main issue then I would definitely advise on a diesel.
[/quote]

I would have to agree with you 100% homer. I was bored silly with my diesel and didn't enjoy driving anymore. Got a GTI and fell in love with driving again. I found any excuse to go for a drive again. Just got myself an ED30 and  love it even more although my heart sank in my mouth when its only averaging 20 mpg! And that's not hammering it... its all tge bleedin speed bumps. Still you only live once and I don't have many vices. Will probably take public transport to work a few days a week now...

Offline SeanyK

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 35
  • -Receive: 14
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2011, 01:39:49 pm »
Well, an odd twist to the story is I am starting to warm to the Seat Leon, however it would HAVE to be the 2009+ model when they facelifted the interior (better steering wheel, interior and of course the same white highline as the MK6 Golf).
And of course, if diesel, they switched to Common Rail instead of PD. (The Cupra I had was a PD and quite noisey at idle)

Offline Eddie-NL

• Trader - 2014
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 298
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,56721.0.html
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2011, 07:33:57 pm »
Hi Sean
That makes sence, you can transfer your RNS510 to the new car. When I get round to do your VIM and can change the set up to a SEAT splash screen.

I think the newer SEAT with the white clocks and newer steering wheel does look good

ED
Genuine VCDS VAG-COM HEX-USB + Genuine Vag Commander + Genuine VAG Tacho + Genuine VAG CAN PRO  + RNS Manager for Video in Motion and New Pin Code for RNS510

Cluster and Key coding

Location Great Yarmouth

Retrofits fitted by me see my members rides

Offline SeanyK

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 35
  • -Receive: 14
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2011, 12:35:27 pm »
Hi Ed, exactly mate - exactly! The RNS can live on another day!

Although I am now still tempted by a 2008 model! Argh! Nightmare  :grin:

The 2007/08 I can get without spending any extra money, the 2009 i'd need to spend about 3k on top...