Make a donation

Author Topic: Newbie Mods  (Read 1557 times)

veedubboy

Newbie Mods
« on: May 11, 2011, 12:30:15 pm »
Proud new owner of my first mk5 gti (k03)...just wondering...i have ordered a cat back miltek and an itg maxogen filter...with these combined with a decent re map what sorta power figures should i REALISTICALLY be expecting?
Cheers

Offline StuF

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 31
  • -Receive: 38
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,90017.0.html
Re: Newbie Mods
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2011, 12:53:58 pm »
I would imagine with those mods the car would be putting out 230-250bhp or around that mark. 

The overall output isnt important though - its how it feels to the driver.

Some guys get really hung up on BHP figures but I think they are very hard to accurately measure and there are several(hundreds probably :signLOL:) threads on various rolling roads giving out inaccurate inflated BHP figures after modification.

If you like the way it performs and drives after fitting the mods - regardless of the exact power increase thats all that should really matter.

Just my 2p worth  :innocent:

Where Napoleons armies marched with horse and musket and Hitlers Reich crumbled in blood and rubble, the warriors of Armageddon do battle against the landscape of hell now indeed thrive the ARMOURERS

Offline liver

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 15
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2011, 01:23:55 pm »
id order the sports cat aswell then u can go straight to stage 2

the sports cat is the only thing you need for stage 2, then u should see around 250/260 quite easily

Offline swf7y

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 9
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2011, 03:36:13 pm »
Can only echo what StuF (stuff?!  :grin: ) has said. If you get a chance to read JonnyC's build thread, you'll see he didn't put his car on a RR as he wasn't interested in figures, only how the car felt to drive.

Also, take your time choosing mods and make sure they are right for YOU and YOUR needs. Everyone has an opinion but it's you that has to live with the car  :happy2: