Make a donation

Author Topic: My new gti/build thread, USA parts,H&R coilovers,Recaro bucket seats,Super RS's  (Read 69133 times)

Offline Superted74

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
Really like that :happy2:

Stance looks perfect!

Offline Raffe

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 3
Looks fantastic, very clean and simple but brutally effective, nice job :congrats:

Offline monte

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 116
  • -Receive: 134
  • Global Ruler
    • Deep-Shine Detail. Detailing-Wrapping-Tints. Lincoln.
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,67679.0.html
The H&R coilovers look great! (I'd love to be that low)  :notworthy:

Have you tried them with a car full of people yet?

If so any rubbing?

Are they easy to adjust?

I've just got the H&R springs on standard shocks, but I'd love to go that 10-15mm lower  :wink:

I don't get any rubbing at all, and to me, I think they perform great! It's just that extra drop would look amazing  :drool:

Great work on the Gti btw  :congrats: :congrats: :congrats:

Offline higher1

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 13
    • Email
Looks fantastic, very clean and simple but brutally effective, nice job :congrats:

Thanks mate that's just what I wanted to achieve
Ah-exclusive custom ultra low H&R Coilovers 110mm, ITG induction kit, 18" super RS's, USA rear bumper, USA front grille with smooth number plate surround,recaro bucket seats. now sold !

mk1 golf 1.8 20v turbo

Offline higher1

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
I have run the car full up with no rubbing front or back and I have some poke on the rear.
Before I bought the coilovers I was told how low they can run and still not rub I didn't really believe it but I have to say it's amazing just how good they ride.
They are very easy to adjust height as all coilovers are as for adjusting dampening the fronts are top adjustable but the rears need the shock coming off,compressing and rotating to adjust it this is the only downside to these.

I currently run just 2 clicks on the rear from full soft and one on the front.
Ah-exclusive custom ultra low H&R Coilovers 110mm, ITG induction kit, 18" super RS's, USA rear bumper, USA front grille with smooth number plate surround,recaro bucket seats. now sold !

mk1 golf 1.8 20v turbo

Offline arthur

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 1
looks awesome!  I think I'm just gonna go for springs but yours is the holy grail of drops!

Offline JoshSimpson

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
    • Email
Looks good on the coilovers, just not a massive fan on so much dish on the fronts of a mk5! Does sit sweet on those coils though.. need another mk5 in my life :sad1:

Offline higher1

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
looks awesome!  I think I'm just gonna go for springs but yours is the holy grail of drops!

thanks for that loving the holy grail remark !

mk1 golf 1.8 20v turbo

Offline higher1

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
Looks good on the coilovers, just not a massive fan on so much dish on the fronts of a mk5! Does sit sweet on those coils though.. need another mk5 in my life :sad1:

yes get another mk5  :grin:

mk1 golf 1.8 20v turbo

Offline higher1

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
So at the weekend i bought some new seats that included a 400 mile round trip to collect them but im so happy i did!

there originally from a gti and have the correct gti embossed on them,the guy i bought them from has decided to track the car so sold these off and the car had less than 4000 miles on it!
sorry for the crappy iphone pics

mk1 golf 1.8 20v turbo

Offline Superted74

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
    • Email
God that looks good!!!!

The seats look like they've been really looked after, good find!!!

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
They do look in great condition.  :happy2:  a little shiny though. I wouldn't worry about using them either, the bolsters will sag no matter how careful you are. It isn't expensive to get the bolsters redone every now and then.  :wink:

Dsg steel

I like the wheels you got it really suits the car

And them seat look so good   :happy2:

Offline higher1

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
They do look in great condition.  :happy2:  a little shiny though. I wouldn't worry about using them either, the bolsters will sag no matter how careful you are. It isn't expensive to get the bolsters redone every now and then.  :wink:

I had just cleaned and conditioned them hence them being all shiny and im not worried about using it as its my daily
« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 08:18:41 am by higher1 »

mk1 golf 1.8 20v turbo

Offline monte

• Thank You
  • -Given: 116
  • -Receive: 134
  • Global Ruler
    • Deep-Shine Detail. Detailing-Wrapping-Tints. Lincoln.
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,67679.0.html
Just keeps getting better and better mate :notworthy: