Make a donation

Author Topic: My Bloody Bonnet  (Read 1350 times)

Offline Johnny_tro

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 12
My Bloody Bonnet
« on: May 22, 2011, 12:48:10 am »
 :jumping:

can someone help.

My bonnet keeps popping 2004 gt tdi.

Does the bonnet release work on a cable? could it be getting stuck when I open the bonnet?
'VANDALISED' MK5 GT :( - RNS510 H, Bluetooth Armrest, MDI, 50gb hard drive, I can't park  sensors, Cruise Control, Highline Display, MFSW, Heated Seats, Remote Aux Heating System (Heats and Vents) Winter Pack, Heated & Folding Mirrors, Puddle Lights, Xenons, Headlamp Washers, Heated Washers, Auto lights and wipers, LED's, GTI brakes,, black R32 roof lining, Scirocco Rear View, Rear Footwell Lights

Offline big al

• Thank You
  • -Given: 27
  • -Receive: 93
    • Email
Re: My Bloody Bonnet
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2011, 09:24:39 am »
Could  be that the catch is gunked up and is sticking and not completely closed.
When you close the bonnet do you push it shut, or let it drop?

Offline Johnny_tro

• Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 12
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2011, 06:00:10 pm »
i close it down then pushnit shut i never let it just drop. Can be driving and all of a sudden bump it pops open. Does it work by cable or is it like an electric release?
« Last Edit: May 22, 2011, 06:01:44 pm by Johnny_tro »
'VANDALISED' MK5 GT :( - RNS510 H, Bluetooth Armrest, MDI, 50gb hard drive, I can't park  sensors, Cruise Control, Highline Display, MFSW, Heated Seats, Remote Aux Heating System (Heats and Vents) Winter Pack, Heated & Folding Mirrors, Puddle Lights, Xenons, Headlamp Washers, Heated Washers, Auto lights and wipers, LED's, GTI brakes,, black R32 roof lining, Scirocco Rear View, Rear Footwell Lights

Offline vRStu

• Thank You
  • -Given: 90
  • -Receive: 159
    • Octavia-vRS Information Resource
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2011, 08:11:53 pm »
It's a cable.  It's runs from the operating lever up behind the dash, through the bulkhead and along the drivers side wing to the front and then along the slam panel.

I'd go for the gunked up catch too.  Give it a good spray with WD40 and operate the release several times with the bonnet open.  Also I think it's worth dropping the bonnet from about 8 inches from closed.
Stu...

Quartz Grey Audi A4 3.0 TDi S-Line Quattro, 7 Speed S-Tronic, 19" Twin Spoke Alloys, Alcantara Upholstery with Silver Stitching and Heating, Sat Nav High, B & O Sound, Audi Music Interface, DAB Radio, Parking Advanced with Rear View Camera, Advanced Keyless Entry, LED Interior Light Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Heated and Electrically Folding Mirrors, Through Load.

RNS510 Video in Motion unlocking, PIN recovery & DVD Region Free available

Offline big al

• Thank You
  • -Given: 27
  • -Receive: 93
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2011, 11:54:55 am »
I think it's worth dropping the bonnet from about 8 inches from closed.

I used to think it was better to push it shut, but then spoke to a number of people who said to drop it from a quite short drop, avoids any denting, and fixes it in place much better.