Make a donation

Author Topic: Richn83 progress thread  (Read 19699 times)

Offline gtlee

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 14
Re: Richn83 progress thread
« Reply #30 on: July 06, 2011, 01:44:26 pm »
Can't wait Rich. :smiley:
Golf V 5DR DSG GT Sport,,Xenons,Full leather,18'Charlestons,Lux pack,storage pack,folding mirrors,front armrest, retrofited--mk5 gti  grilles,fog lamps grilles,GTi rear bumper,coloured coded sideskirts, VIM RNS-510 C,MK6 MFSW with paddles,GTi DSG gear lever,Cruise control,Highline.Rain sensor with window auto closure,TPMS.7P6 Bluetooth.

Mods to come: RVC, and.................

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
« Reply #31 on: July 06, 2011, 07:29:13 pm »

Those lights look gorgeous all polished up  :drool: Like Rubies straight out of a treasure chest.  :party:

Offline pipston

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 3
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: July 06, 2011, 07:39:18 pm »
looking good rich, serious points for stripping the highline down, that looks no mean feat! mine is going in, in the next week or two as well.

also got love tinted rears makes a black cars rear end look so much meaner  :evilgrin:

Offline Poppa Dom

• Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 40
« Reply #33 on: July 06, 2011, 07:43:35 pm »
Liking the sound of boost pressure with the polar, did I get mine too early  :sad1:

Offline Richn83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 49
  • -Receive: 85
« Reply #34 on: July 10, 2011, 06:20:19 pm »
Little update after the weekends work first up apologies for the dirty state of the car!  :ashamed:

First job Friday evening was to wire in one of the new Polar units I have got in, this interfaces with the can bus in the same location as the old unit but the new unit has access to some of the diagnostic info and on the TFSI this allows the unit to display turbo boost pressure and intake temp and allows 6 items to display at once.

I ran the cable through from the canbus, so that the unit sits behind the oddment compartment this will allow easy access to remove if going in for some work or to update the firmware which is done over the internet allow me to get new parameters or stability or bug fixes!

I haven't had a massive chance to use it yet but the two most interesting parameters at the moment are intake temperature which has been hovering around 8-10 degrees above ambient (standard car) when on the move its also amazing to see how quickly they rise when stationary, after starting the car up after 10 minutes switched off I saw temps of 58 degress.  and of course the turbo pressure which has hit a high of 1700mb when I performed an over-take this wasnt at WOT and it includes atmospheric pressure (base figure is 1000mb) again car is standard.

Second job was installing the darkened rear lights, it was a surprisingly easy job and I am really happy with the result the car looks great now but still totally OEM!

before

half way through

and after

5Dr Black GTI, DSG, Leather, Xenons. Retrofitted - Cruise, RNS 510, MFSW, Armrest, Skoda BT, 6cd changer, Monza II's, VW speaker upgrade kit, Lux pack, High-line, new CAN gateway, Polar FIS info display, R32 tinted rear lights, RVC

To Come...NQSBBK, highline CCM.

Offline Richn83

• Thank You
« Reply #35 on: July 10, 2011, 06:22:04 pm »

Those lights look gorgeous all polished up  :drool: Like Rubies straight out of a treasure chest.  :party:

They do look nice TC I'm glad I am not the only magpie  :wink:

5Dr Black GTI, DSG, Leather, Xenons. Retrofitted - Cruise, RNS 510, MFSW, Armrest, Skoda BT, 6cd changer, Monza II's, VW speaker upgrade kit, Lux pack, High-line, new CAN gateway, Polar FIS info display, R32 tinted rear lights, RVC

Offline LouCyffer

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 63
« Reply #36 on: July 10, 2011, 06:23:59 pm »
Lovin' that Polar  :party: can't wait til we fit mine mate.... :drinking:
Black 2008 5 door GTI. Leather, DSG, ipod prep, 18" Monzas. Retrofitted: Cruise, PDC, RNS510, 729 Skoda Bluetooth (thanks SteveP), MFSW buttons (thanks MortyGTTDi), Armrest & vents, covered cupholder, Highline (thanks Kalu), Polar FIS+ (thanks Richn), Reversing camera (thanks MortyGTTDi)

Offline Richn83

• Thank You
« Reply #37 on: July 10, 2011, 06:29:27 pm »
Lovin' that Polar  :party: can't wait til we fit mine mate.... :drinking:

I have a little video as well, the firmware on mine is currently only in Spanish but this will be corrected at some point this week coming so dont worry it will do english!  :laugh:

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/8WJdaA6etDFt8FpRr74PQDIbjg7Zt11gF9VrQzaU1sQ?feat=directlink

The sun also ruins the end but you will get the idea!

Offline Tfsi_Mike

• Thank You
  • -Given: 241
  • -Receive: 309
  • Go Large or Go Home
    • Tfsi Mikes Money Pit AKS / TTE / RTech St2+ Cupra
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,32721.msg402587.html#msg402587
« Reply #38 on: July 10, 2011, 06:31:22 pm »
Rich,

Awesome work.  Again!

Do you think if I ever get round to it these polar units would work with Facelift Cupra R dash or the Cupra dash like mine with the bigger display?
 :drinking:

Offline Richn83

• Thank You
« Reply #39 on: July 10, 2011, 06:40:41 pm »
Hey Mike, If by new Cupra R you mean the newer white dashes (as are in the MK6 golf and newer Rocco's) then they are working on support for those and it will be a firmware update in the future, the red display in leon models like yours should work it apparently can be temperamental in some Seats which is also being worked on but would be happy to meet up and do a trial fit  :happy2:

Offline Tfsi_Mike

• Thank You
  • -Given: 241
  • -Receive: 309
  • Go Large or Go Home
    • Tfsi Mikes Money Pit AKS / TTE / RTech St2+ Cupra
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,32721.msg402587.html#msg402587
« Reply #40 on: July 10, 2011, 06:42:53 pm »
Hey Mike, If by new Cupra R you mean the newer white dashes (as are in the MK6 golf and newer Rocco's) then they are working on support for those and it will be a firmware update in the future, the red display in leon models like yours should work it apparently can be temperamental in some Seats which is also being worked on but would be happy to meet up and do a trial fit  :happy2:
:party:  The white R dash is the long term plan, may be moving to Maidstone in the near future so another Brands hatch meet? Cuppa on me  :drinking:

Offline danishmkvgti

• Thank You
  • -Given: 243
  • -Receive: 154
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,7823.0.html
« Reply #41 on: July 10, 2011, 06:53:34 pm »
Little update after the weekends work first up apologies for the dirty state of the car!  :ashamed:

First job Friday evening was to wire in one of the new Polar units I have got in, this interfaces with the can bus in the same location as the old unit but the new unit has access to some of the diagnostic info and on the TFSI this allows the unit to display turbo boost pressure and intake temp and allows 6 items to display at once.

I ran the cable through from the canbus, so that the unit sits behind the oddment compartment this will allow easy access to remove if going in for some work or to update the firmware which is done over the internet allow me to get new parameters or stability or bug fixes!

I haven't had a massive chance to use it yet but the two most interesting parameters at the moment are intake temperature which has been hovering around 8-10 degrees above ambient (standard car) when on the move its also amazing to see how quickly they rise when stationary, after starting the car up after 10 minutes switched off I saw temps of 58 degress.  and of course the turbo pressure which has hit a high of 1700mb when I performed an over-take this wasnt at WOT and it includes atmospheric pressure (base figure is 1000mb) again car is standard.

Second job was installing the darkened rear lights, it was a surprisingly easy job and I am really happy with the result the car looks great now but still totally OEM!

before

half way through

and after

:party:  :party:  :party:    :love:  :love:  :love: gimme gimme gimme  :wink:

Over the top mod list ;o)

Offline mortygttdi

• Thank You
  • -Given: 44
  • -Receive: 146
« Reply #42 on: July 10, 2011, 07:34:40 pm »
Looking awesome Rich, very happy with mine :happy2: I thought the oil temp on mine was broken has it just showed N/A but it seems to have come on now? strange

Darren

Offline Eddie-NL

• Trader - 2014
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 298
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,56721.0.html
« Reply #43 on: July 10, 2011, 07:54:59 pm »
Looking awesome Rich, very happy with mine :happy2: I thought the oil temp on mine was broken has it just showed N/A but it seems to have come on now? strange

Darren

Mine does that to from time to time, although it sorts itself out. keep getting the telematics fault
Genuine VCDS VAG-COM HEX-USB + Genuine Vag Commander + Genuine VAG Tacho + Genuine VAG CAN PRO  + RNS Manager for Video in Motion and New Pin Code for RNS510

Cluster and Key coding

Location Great Yarmouth

Retrofits fitted by me see my members rides

Offline kalu

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 9
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: July 10, 2011, 07:57:02 pm »
Polar FIS looks great!

I am waiting (very impatiently!) for the Advanced version, Should be released in the next few weeks!