Make a donation

Author Topic: Richn83 progress thread  (Read 19688 times)

Offline SL03 JOE

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 4
    • Email
Re: Richn83 progress thread
« Reply #60 on: July 24, 2011, 10:32:08 am »
looking good mate

Joe.
2006, silver, 5 door, top spec, low miles MKV GTI for sale - looking for offers above 9k!

Joe.

Offline Richn83

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 49
  • -Receive: 85
« Reply #61 on: September 05, 2011, 11:57:30 am »
Little update although short of decent pictures....

Since last post I have had some extra goodies fitted to the car, first up is an RVC camera which Steve kindly helped me fit and it is an absolutely quality piece of kit I am reverse parking everywhere now just to make use of it!

a very dirty RVC badge, its slightly different to the later MK5 3D badge.

I also got my sharkfin fitted at the same time and the cable run along with the RVC wires to RNS and it has improved the GPS positioning no end with a constant 3D lock and 9-11 satelites always in view.

another dirty pic  :sad1:

I have also been struggling with the final aero panel for the rear axle this weekend, after some modding (cutting an exhaust shaped hole and heat shield) it finally went on and just needs a minor tweek this week before I go on a French road trip  :party:  will be interesting to see what I get on a really long run on the auto-routes I have already seen 380 miles from one tank of motorway driving.

I also picked up a complete set of NQSBBK from jmspear going to give the disk etc a bit of TLC and look to get them fitted in a month or so but lookign forward to some better stopping power  :evilgrin:

And finally a nice shot that the missus took of the car as I tried to find a parking space away from all the cretins while on a trip to Solva in Pembroke  :pomppomp:

5Dr Black GTI, DSG, Leather, Xenons. Retrofitted - Cruise, RNS 510, MFSW, Armrest, Skoda BT, 6cd changer, Monza II's, VW speaker upgrade kit, Lux pack, High-line, new CAN gateway, Polar FIS info display, R32 tinted rear lights, RVC

To Come...NQSBBK, highline CCM.

Offline mortygttdi

• Thank You
  • -Given: 44
  • -Receive: 146
« Reply #62 on: September 05, 2011, 01:06:42 pm »
Very nice Rich :happy2:, I do like the Aero bits but think I would smash them to bits just like the standard ones on at the moment :grin:

Darren

Offline Richn83

• Thank You
« Reply #63 on: September 05, 2011, 01:22:29 pm »
your car is a little lower than mine  :laugh:  some of them you could fit like the rear control arms as  they sit on top of the metal and you could always go for the metal engine under-tray for the front, then again I guess mpg isnt too bad on yours if you dont floor it everywhere.  How are things going with the hybrid?

5Dr Black GTI, DSG, Leather, Xenons. Retrofitted - Cruise, RNS 510, MFSW, Armrest, Skoda BT, 6cd changer, Monza II's, VW speaker upgrade kit, Lux pack, High-line, new CAN gateway, Polar FIS info display, R32 tinted rear lights, RVC

Offline mortygttdi

• Thank You
  • -Given: 44
  • -Receive: 146
« Reply #64 on: September 06, 2011, 12:41:43 am »
Hybrid going well mate, just had a new map from S/C and it now pulls like a train on super steroid coal...

Still messing with the cold start but i think its a timing issue? But other than that superb mate.

Ill have a look into what i can fit and get them ordered then. I actually have a metal under tray sitting in the shed but its from an A3 and will not fit the golf? Shame .

Darren     

Offline apollo13

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 47
« Reply #65 on: September 07, 2011, 07:47:26 pm »
Looking smart Rich  :happy2:

Get it spanked with the lowering stick though!  :wink:
****Registered VCDS HEX CAN Kent Area For All Retrofits**** GT TDI - Retro fitted by me so far.... OEM Omanyts - Sportlines - GT Sport Front End - GTI Rear and Skirts - Hella Dynabeam Xenons - Heated Leather - Highline Cluster With White LED's and Lit Needles - Armrest - Mk6 GTI MFSW - Skyline OEM LED Tailights - LED RNS 510 With Voice Control - Rear Sensors - 729B Bluetooth - Highline CCM + CECM - AF CAN Gateway - Cornering Fogs - U.S Indicators

Offline Tfsi_Mike

• Thank You
  • -Given: 241
  • -Receive: 309
  • Go Large or Go Home
    • Tfsi Mikes Money Pit AKS / TTE / RTech St2+ Cupra
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,32721.msg402587.html#msg402587
« Reply #66 on: September 07, 2011, 07:51:56 pm »

"I tried to find a parking space away from all the cretins"

Damn them cretins!!  :fighting:

Car's Retrofit Rita's looking V.nice Rich

Offline Richn83

• Thank You
« Reply #67 on: September 07, 2011, 08:58:05 pm »
Cheers Lee, its on the cards but only marginal 30mm or so want it to remain practical, I also have to do something with the set of Porsche brakes sitting in my end room  :evilgrin:

Darren the 247P one that we fit is off the 3.2 V6 so would be surprised if it isnt the same part was it sump clearance or hole alignment? isnt there a known cold start issue on some TDI's that needs a sensor to be mapped out (guess you will already have thought of this.  :ashamed:

Mike, I just commented in your other thread its looking sorry for itself there but at least its getting sorted with some cheeky wee mods of painted grilles  :party:

Offline apollo13

• Thank You
« Reply #68 on: September 07, 2011, 09:06:16 pm »
I went for the Eibach Sportlines. Now they have settled in they are spot on height wise and not too low, cheap too.

Mrs Apollo can still smack into the speed bumps at 40mph  :signLOL:
****Registered VCDS HEX CAN Kent Area For All Retrofits**** GT TDI - Retro fitted by me so far.... OEM Omanyts - Sportlines - GT Sport Front End - GTI Rear and Skirts - Hella Dynabeam Xenons - Heated Leather - Highline Cluster With White LED's and Lit Needles - Armrest - Mk6 GTI MFSW - Skyline OEM LED Tailights - LED RNS 510 With Voice Control - Rear Sensors - 729B Bluetooth - Highline CCM + CECM - AF CAN Gateway - Cornering Fogs - U.S Indicators

Offline Richn83

• Thank You
« Reply #69 on: September 07, 2011, 09:22:48 pm »
I went for the Eibach Sportlines. Now they have settled in they are spot on height wise and not too low, cheap too.

Mrs Apollo can still smack into the speed bumps at 40mph  :signLOL:

:scared: I dont like the sound of that!  Whats the ride like, was thinking of AP coil-overs as I have been in a car with good ride 30mm drop and very little roll  :party:

Offline apollo13

• Thank You
« Reply #70 on: September 07, 2011, 09:29:02 pm »
Well I think they improve the tightness of the ride no end.

The stiffness is slighty harder than stock but not back breaking or choppy!

Coilies are OK but if your not going to fiddle with the height then I personally wouldn't bother, not for road use anyway.

Yeah the missus drives like a maniac! Even Xenon blasts drivers that pi** her off  :signLOL:

Offline Richn83

• Thank You
« Reply #71 on: September 26, 2011, 07:44:35 pm »
So little update, nothing major has happened recently due to being off on holiday for two weeks and th car came with me  :driver:

Only update before going was finally fixing the larger rear axle cover in place, which involved some exhaust wrap and heat shield and I have to say resulted in a few cable ties t the rear arb  :ashamed: but it will be properly re-afixed soon. (no pics of this)

And some new plates with GB symbol and a subtle logo  :wink:

Now some pic whoring of the car from the trip, nothing too amazing but its my thread so what the hell!  :P

at Millau Viaduct (Aire)

and on site

Now for the next update, before going on holiday I picked these up from a fellow forumite, he kindly re-painted them for me but the finish hasn't come out perfect with one or two bare patches and its not got a particularly gloss finish.  The transfer pipes also need swapping over, but I cant decide if I should just run them as are or get them fully refurbished?

What are people thoughts?  If its a refurb then they will have to wait until I have more funds before fitting.....  :chicken:

Offline Bennett vrs

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #72 on: September 26, 2011, 07:48:13 pm »
id try and refurb them better than that yourself to be honest. Take your time, read some google threads, loads from subaru forums etc about refurbing brembos  :happy2:

Offline baldwined30

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 6
    • Email
« Reply #73 on: September 26, 2011, 07:56:52 pm »
^+1
Nice caliper but maybe a little TLC would help! Although anything like me they have to go on yesterday!!! :signLOL:
Ed30

Offline Richn83

• Thank You
« Reply #74 on: September 26, 2011, 09:56:29 pm »
thanks for the replies guys, I am a bit magpie like so shiny does win out, will have a look for threads to re-finish them. need to move the transfer pipes too  :chicken: