Make a donation

Author Topic: I know its not a golf, but..........  (Read 20263 times)

Offline WhiteGTI

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 29
  • -Receive: 22
  • F-A-S-T
Re: I know its not a golf, but..........
« Reply #45 on: March 22, 2009, 06:27:32 pm »
Its amazing how many cars the Cupra splitter suits!!

Looks class Tom!
2008 Golf GTI - Revo Stage 2 NOW SOLD

2006 E46 BMW M3 - 343hp
2000 Lotus Elise Sport160 - 160hp

Offline T88OMM

• Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 17
    • Email
« Reply #46 on: March 22, 2009, 06:29:32 pm »
Friday mate, it was suppost to be the friday just gone but they did not arrive in time  :sad: It is crying out for a slam, the gap between the arches and the tires at the moment is ridiculous  :sick: :sick: They will be on in time for sunday  :jumpmove:

Managed to get some spacers ordered for the rear wheels, they are sitting a little too far back in the arch for my liking at the moment. I also deleted the rear wiper yesterday which has cleaned up the rear end  :happy2: All is coming together for the Pod  :laugh:
« Last Edit: March 22, 2009, 06:32:25 pm by T88OMM »
TT-RS Plus - S-Tronic

Offline T88OMM

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: March 22, 2009, 06:34:35 pm »

Looks class Tom!

I know! I was a little unsure about putting it on at first but it came out really well. It only required slight modification, it did not take long to fit at all, bargain at £18  :jumpmove: :jumpmove:
TT-RS Plus - S-Tronic

Offline WhiteGTI

• Thank You
  • -Given: 29
  • -Receive: 22
  • F-A-S-T
« Reply #48 on: March 22, 2009, 06:37:39 pm »

Looks class Tom!

I know! I was a little unsure about putting it on at first but it came out really well. It only required slight modification, it did not take long to fit at all, bargain at £18  :jumpmove: :jumpmove:

Definitely agree with you! I've just recently fitted one to my mates Audi TT!  :smiley: :smiley:
2008 Golf GTI - Revo Stage 2 NOW SOLD

2006 E46 BMW M3 - 343hp
2000 Lotus Elise Sport160 - 160hp

Offline NB07

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 26
« Reply #49 on: March 22, 2009, 06:46:33 pm »
looks great bud  :happy2: sorry for the stoopid Q but whats the bonnet bra do? just protection??  :signIWS:
Black Edition 30 DSG - Gone but not forgotten!

Phil Mcavity

« Reply #50 on: March 22, 2009, 06:52:33 pm »
Tom, can you get a pick of a side rear end shot of an S3 and yours, because it looks like its missing something??, maybe roof spoiler is smaller? i know the Back bumper is a completly different shape to the S3. Seems somethings missing or it looks too Rounded??.
Maybe tint the rear clusters to match the front. Nice mods so far though Tom :happy2:
« Last Edit: March 22, 2009, 06:58:46 pm by Phil Mcavity »

Offline T88OMM

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #51 on: March 22, 2009, 06:57:01 pm »
looks great bud  :happy2: sorry for the stoopid Q but whats the bonnet bra do? just protection??  :signIWS:

Yeah just to protect from the dreaded stone chips  :happy2:
TT-RS Plus - S-Tronic

Offline T88OMM

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #52 on: March 22, 2009, 07:00:55 pm »
Tom, can you get a pick of a side rear end shot of an S3 and yours, because it looks like its missing something??, maybe roof spoiler is smaller or Back bumper is a completly different shape to the S3?. Seems somethings missing or maybe tint the rear clusters to match the front. Nice mods so far mate :happy2:

The only difference between the S3 rear and mine is the very bottom part of the bumper. The S3 has a little diffuser and mine doesn't, but apart from that everything is the same. All the rear badges have been taken off mine which certainly makes a difference visually, the four ring Audi badge is going back on this week, I took it off as I am getting it resprayed gloss black  :happy2:
TT-RS Plus - S-Tronic

Offline NB07

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 26
« Reply #53 on: March 22, 2009, 07:07:08 pm »
ah, nigh swan  :happy2:
Black Edition 30 DSG - Gone but not forgotten!

Offline TomB

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 10
« Reply #54 on: March 22, 2009, 10:16:54 pm »
Very nice!  You've done a good job!

I very almost bought the same model as I was tired of wasting my time looking at shagged GTIs.

I found what seemed to be the perfect one, Garnet Red (was an Audi Exclusive paint job on that car), fully loaded and only £9995.  I got half way there and the dealer called me to say someone had put a deposit on it...gutted!
Tom
05 GTI - 18" Merc wheels, coilovers, colour coded Votex kit, all waiting to go on.

Offline T88OMM

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #55 on: March 22, 2009, 11:23:42 pm »
Very nice!  You've done a good job!

I very almost bought the same model as I was tired of wasting my time looking at shagged GTIs.

I found what seemed to be the perfect one, Garnet Red (was an Audi Exclusive paint job on that car), fully loaded and only £9995.  I got half way there and the dealer called me to say someone had put a deposit on it...gutted!

Thanks matey  :happy2:

They are a good car it was just hard for me getting used to the power coming from a 330 BHP Edition 30. I nearly chopped it this week and got another GTI, my mate is nagging me to sell it but I decided to stick with it. I have spent a lot on it already and it would be stupid to sell it after only two months ownership. You don't see a lot of modded A3's which was a factor in my decision to keep it aswell  :happy2: 
TT-RS Plus - S-Tronic

Offline JPC

• Thank You
  • -Given: 93
  • -Receive: 111
« Reply #56 on: March 23, 2009, 12:18:59 pm »
looking good mate.

Im looking forward to seeing it slammed though

Offline T88OMM

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #57 on: March 23, 2009, 12:29:33 pm »

Im looking forward to seeing it slammed though

SNAP!!  :drool: :drool:
TT-RS Plus - S-Tronic

Offline T88OMM

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #58 on: March 27, 2009, 06:13:37 pm »
Ok, a lot has been happening this week with the car  :jumpmove:

I dropped it off on Tuesday morning with Jay (JPC) for a full paint correction. It turned out to be a bitch, there was swirls and marring all over the car  :sick: and the paint turned out to be rock hard. Jay said it was the hardest detail he has ever done  :grin: After over 24 hours of work on the car he got it spot on, what a turnaround  :drool: :drool: Here are a few pics of him in action, a full write up in the detailing section will follow in the near future  :happy2:

I picked up late last night and then it was straight down to Awesome in Manchester this morning to have the AP coilovers fitted. You can see in the other pics in the thread how badly it needed a drop  :surprised:

I am well happy with them, they have made such a difference. I have not had that much chance to drive it yet but the ride does not feel any different  :happy2:  and it feels like there is a lot less roll when pushing hard around a corner  :drool:

I have got a few other bits to do tomorrow and then I will be ready for the Pod on Sunday. Let me know what you think guys  :wink:
TT-RS Plus - S-Tronic

Phil Mcavity

« Reply #59 on: March 27, 2009, 06:18:36 pm »
 :happy2:

Great effort Tom!!, and big  :happy2:to jay aswell.

Top result and looks great.