Make a donation

Author Topic: Joes GT Sport  (Read 182428 times)

Offline JoeDarKa

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 57
  • -Receive: 73
Re: Joes GT Sport
« Reply #225 on: January 05, 2012, 07:22:18 am »
Looks similar to mine! What killed yours?

GT Sport - Reflex Silver 2.0 TDI My Build

Offline RSam84

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
« Reply #226 on: January 05, 2012, 08:36:56 am »
When you guys kill a turbo at least u do it properly!! Lol

Offline John GT140

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #227 on: January 05, 2012, 10:24:53 am »
Good to see the turbo is getting sorted 2 year warranty should give you some peace of mind . thanks for the info on the wind deflectors going to order some for mine and hopefully it will reduce the rain coming in off the roof

Offline RSam84

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
« Reply #228 on: January 06, 2012, 12:11:35 pm »
should be all back together tonight!

Offline JoeDarKa

• Thank You
« Reply #229 on: January 11, 2012, 08:15:57 pm »
Its alive and back home!!  :pomppomp: :pomppomp: :pomppomp: :pomppomp: :pomppomp: :pomppomp: :pomppomp:  :pomppomp:

It needed a new intercooler and a new pipe that was leaking following the test drive. Going to take it easy for the next few hundred miles, bit scared to give it some now  :ashamed:

Offline neil86

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #230 on: January 12, 2012, 08:43:36 pm »
new intercooler why? Does it feel the same as before or not? Glad you have it back!! bet your made up or really peed off for it breaking in the 1st place.

You going to carry on with the mods?

Offline JoeDarKa

• Thank You
« Reply #231 on: January 12, 2012, 08:51:57 pm »
new intercooler why? Does it feel the same as before or not? Glad you have it back!! bet your made up or really peed off for it breaking in the 1st place.

You going to carry on with the mods?

They couldnt say if any metal shards had been sucked into it so thought it would be wise not to risk it! Drove to work and noticed the turbo was quite whistling in 4th at 40+, thought not to push it so going back to be checked at the weekend! Better to be safe than sorry!

Not sure about mods yet, need to pay some of the bill off!

Offline neil86

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #232 on: January 13, 2012, 07:25:40 am »
Dont blame you mate better to be on The safe side especially the money it's cost you. Although if your anything like me you will be paranoid over every little noise for a while.

Offline JoeDarKa

• Thank You
« Reply #233 on: January 14, 2012, 12:59:46 pm »
Dont blame you mate better to be on The safe side especially the money it's cost you. Although if your anything like me you will be paranoid over every little noise for a while.

Im very paranoid and ruddy hate any rattles or squeaks! The whistle has been diagnosed as boost leak as the pipe is split that comes off the turbo to the engine, new one has been ordered and will be fitted asap! They could only see it by spraying water onto it and placing it under some load from the engine and watching for bubbles (the mechanic was sat on the engine with the bonnet up while his brother drove the car up and down the units!!  :grin: :grin:)

Offline youngy1989

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 5
« Reply #234 on: January 14, 2012, 04:10:49 pm »
cars looking good, the sticker bombing looks nice aswell. im deffo going to have change my monza for some bbs ch's there 10x nicer  :happy2:

Offline neil86

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #235 on: January 14, 2012, 06:04:37 pm »
I like there methods mate!! bet you were thinking what are they doing!!

you can buy a spray that you put on then you, put a secondary die on it turns purple and shows up cracks etc, where i worked they use to use it on chemical plant equipement welds as they have to be perfect.

Offline JoeDarKa

• Thank You
« Reply #236 on: January 14, 2012, 07:50:58 pm »
cars looking good, the sticker bombing looks nice aswell. im deffo going to have change my monza for some bbs ch's there 10x nicer  :happy2:

Cheers! The good thing is, if a ever get bored i just peel it off and start again!

I like there methods mate!! bet you were thinking what are they doing!!

you can buy a spray that you put on then you, put a secondary die on it turns purple and shows up cracks etc, where i worked they use to use it on chemical plant equipement welds as they have to be perfect.

I just saw them drive past out of the little window and was like "WTF?"  :signLOL: :signLOL: Thats a great idea for that spray!

Offline mortygttdi

• Thank You
  • -Given: 44
  • -Receive: 146
« Reply #237 on: January 15, 2012, 07:45:06 pm »
Joe not sure what broke it, possibly 2 years of mindless hammering it into the ground :evilgrin:

The hybrid I have on now is coming back off in the next few days has its started whistling like a trooper..will be send back to C R Turbo's and sorted under warranty, the clutch will be fitted at the same time.

Nice to see your all sorted mate, I had to have the cooler done and I'm kicking myself now has could have bought an S3 one for the same money has this standard one cost, That pipe is the same one that split on mine? the small 90degree one coming out of the turbo, caused loss of boost and loads of black smoke.

Darren

Offline JoeDarKa

• Thank You
« Reply #238 on: January 15, 2012, 08:29:51 pm »
Joe not sure what broke it, possibly 2 years of mindless hammering it into the ground :evilgrin:

The hybrid I have on now is coming back off in the next few days has its started whistling like a trooper..will be send back to C R Turbo's and sorted under warranty, the clutch will be fitted at the same time.

Nice to see your all sorted mate, I had to have the cooler done and I'm kicking myself now has could have bought an S3 one for the same money has this standard one cost, That pipe is the same one that split on mine? the small 90degree one coming out of the turbo, caused loss of boost and loads of black smoke.

Darren

I have no idea how the previous owner drove it (it was a woman too  :signLOL: :signLOL:) but I mainly do motorway journeys with a good thrash now and again. Hopefully now it will be all good!

I could have got the extra bits now, like the cooler as you say but it was off the road for nearly 3 weeks and getting to work and back again was starting to get annoying asking people for lifts! If i decide to go for more power in the future, il do it in on go, its only money at the end of the day! (and i need to start paying for this repair!!  :signLOL:)

I havent given it any yet, as the whistle didnt sound too healthy! I wonder what caused it? Piece of metal? Who knows!

Offline mortygttdi

• Thank You
  • -Given: 44
  • -Receive: 146
« Reply #239 on: January 16, 2012, 05:44:16 pm »
3 weeks :happy2: try 12 weeks off the road I was using my mountain bike for work which got me back in shape but on cold mornings at 5:15 and 12 hours work behind you its not a nice feeling trying to cycle home :sick:

I would say if it was a women I can bet she never warmed it up before giving it any sort of boost and never left it running for a minute or so to cool down :fighting:

If its your first turbo I would have the EGR valve and manifold off and cleaned out and if money permits get one of the EGR delete kits from Darkside :happy2:

Darren