Make a donation

Author Topic: Onslow-Cole leaves miltek  (Read 8120 times)

Offline yin

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 77
  • -Receive: 18
  • Seat Leon Cupra Tfsi Its nearly a Golf
    • Email
Re: Onslow-Cole leaves miltek
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2011, 07:47:54 pm »
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/92027

"We were told of Tom's decision 15 minutes before the final race today," he said. "There was no point [doing the race] because he doesn't have the money to fix any damage.

So he ran out of money

Offline Janner_Sy

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2011, 07:50:46 pm »
i wander if ToC wasnt getting the money he expected.  Strange that he wasnt on contract either.

Doesnt bode well for AMDMiltek though if theyre out of cash.  looks like Shaun will have to step back in.  That'll save alot of money id imagine

Offline boxxer1973

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 3
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2011, 08:09:49 pm »
as far as im aware AON offered him a better contract as in he doesnt have to pay for his seat.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2011, 08:12:51 pm by boxxer1973 »
Mk5 golf Gti REVO. stg2+
Milltek | Auto tech | White line | Forge | REVO | KW | Quaife | helix clutch |

Offline Hedge

• Thank You
  • -Given: 484
  • -Receive: 304
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2011, 08:45:02 pm »
So are Team AON going to run 3 cars or will Andy Neate get stiffed?  :confused:

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 802
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=ko22p03n8opfa3i7ogicmt4t8n&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2011, 09:27:11 pm »
WOW.... me and my brother were at Oulton today , and we thought it was very odd that TOC didn't come around for the parade lap. NO mention of it apart from  "Ohh... TOC doesnt appear to have left the pits".

Offline Hedge

• Thank You
  • -Given: 484
  • -Receive: 304
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2011, 09:43:25 pm »
WOW.... me and my brother were at Oulton today

You get around a bit don't you?  :grin:

Offline rich83

• Thank You
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=ko22p03n8opfa3i7ogicmt4t8n&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2011, 09:46:13 pm »
Certainly do Hedge....  :stupid:

"There was no point [doing the race] because he doesn't have the money to fix any damage."

If that is true its no wonder he was so far off the pace in the 2nd (wet) race... having something like that at the back of your mind every race cant be good.

Offline B3n

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 29
  • Boom!!!!
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2011, 10:23:46 pm »
as far as im aware AON offered him a better contract as in he doesnt have to pay for his seat.

By the looks of this article it doesnt look to me that he had a signed contract with AMD anyway :confused:
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/92027

But contract or no contract to walk out on a team 15mins before a race is unbelievable and imo utterly disrespectful to AMD.

I have more opinions on the matter but I shall be keeping them to myself :happy2:

My Flickr    Instagram: Chappers84

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2011, 10:28:13 pm »

But contract or no contract to walk out on a team 15mins before a race is unbelievable and imo utterly disrespectful to AMD.

it might be, but maybe he had a good reason to refuse to race, had he been paid? was he owed money, he wasnt under contract so could walk anytime but to leave a team 15minutes before a race must of been a the result of some hefty behind the scenes issues. Also consider he had a good relationship with them up until today

At the end of the day he has a new contract with Aon, but that wouldnt be enough of a cause to not finish the days racing and potentially black mark your name.  

He must have been at the end of his tether for some reason or another to make such a brash decision, knowing the media will be all over him like tramp on chips.  You guys are jumping straight on his back because he's left the golf in the lurch,  maybe its AMDMilteks fault for not honouring their side of the bargain? who knows

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 78
« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2011, 10:33:18 pm »
Yep, always two sides to a coin.

Everything I've read and heard about him suggests he is a thoroughly decent bloke, so it's very unlikely he just decided to be a **** for the day.

Offline Greeners

• Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2011, 10:38:54 pm »
Could be that as he now had a contract with another team this meant any potential repairs would need to be covered by him, hence not risking the race?

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2011, 10:42:59 pm »
Thinking outside the box here, could the Milltek drone finally got to much.  :evilgrin:

Only joking by the way i had a great day out as a guest with these guys.  :drinking:

Offline garytc78

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2011, 10:48:52 pm »
Had a good chat to tom today between race 1 and 2 and he said that the golf isn't a very good handling car
and only looked good in the first race because it was wet and that it hides the problem but he also said something
about how his dad was really busy sorting something out now this didn't click until I heard he'd left the team
It seems as tho his dad was sorting his new drive out maybe.

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2011, 11:04:02 pm »

"There was no point [doing the race] because he doesn't have the money to fix any damage."

If that is true its no wonder he was so far off the pace in the 2nd (wet) race... having something like that at the back of your mind every race cant be good.

....He was off the pace because he was the only driver to decide to run on slicks all round. He was gambling on it drying out and consequently coming on strong as the race progressed but the gamble didn't pay off.

He'd started 20th in the first race and got up to 7th for several laps before his tyres let him down and I think he then finished 11th.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2011, 11:07:59 pm by RedRobin »

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline rich83

• Thank You
    • MK5 Golf GTI
« Reply #29 on: June 05, 2011, 11:12:59 pm »

....He was off the pace because he was the only driver to decide to run on slicks all round. He was gambling on it drying out and consequently coming on strong as the race progressed but the gamble didn't pay off.

He'd started 20th in the first race and got up to 7th for several laps before his tyres let him down and I think he then finished 11th.

Im sure if he didnt have "If i bin this thing I'm gonna have to pay for it" at the back of his mind he would have pressed much harder regardless of tyres.