Author Topic: Golf R  (Read 817 times)

Offline Tfsi_Mike

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 241
  • -Receive: 309
  • Go Large or Go Home
    • Tfsi Mikes Money Pit AKS / TTE / RTech St2+ Cupra
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,32721.msg402587.html#msg402587
Golf R
« on: June 07, 2011, 11:39:00 am »

Just been into VW Paderborn to get an oil filter and couldnt resist sitting in thier Blue Golf R

:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

Those seats are awesome!  :party:

Makes me wonder if I should halt my plans to finish the Cupra, just maintain her and trade it in for an R after next years pay rise  :innocent: :innocent:

Expensive for a golf yes, stunning yes!

Just thought id share  :signLOL:

Offline Edition_30_P

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 6
  • Edition 30 P
    • Email
Re: Golf R
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2011, 12:21:44 pm »
I'm thinking about waiting til the end of next year and getting one too! Love it   :drool: :drool: :drool:
MK5 Golf GTI Edition 30|APR Stage 2+|Milltek Non Res TBE Decat|ITG Intake| Forge Twintercooler|Autotech HPFP Internals|Forge DV|R8 Oil Cap|AP Coilovers|WALK Kit|ECS Dog Mount| THS Mounts|Eibach F&R Anti Roll Bars|Sachs Uprated Clutch

Offline garrardrj

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 76
  • -Receive: 42
  • EX 2007 Golf Edition 30 owner in Suffolk
    • Email
Re: Golf R
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2011, 02:22:30 pm »
Hopefully VW will go down the route that BMW did years ago with its M series. The R could be the start? People still say the M3 is still another 3 series until they drive one/passenger in one. They will always be a very different beast and therefore can justify the premium price. Same as alot of other products we come across. The R (and perhaps some MK6 GTI's) is the first really overpriced Golf. What are they planning next would be interesting to know. The M series for BMW and the S and RS series for Audi is where i could see the R series golfs going ..............................Hopefully.
2015 Golf R White 5 Door Leather DCC Dynaudio Pretorias
2009 Land Rover Freelander HSE - Workhorse
2007 Mk 5 Golf GTI Edition 30 - SOLD