Make a donation

Author Topic: What did you and your MKV do today?  (Read 2692235 times)

Offline MC71

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 413
  • -Receive: 427
  • Mk7 R
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,113185.0.html
Re: What did you and your MKV do today?
« Reply #2535 on: November 16, 2012, 05:45:04 pm »
Scott!! I've said it before buddy. CLEAN YOUR CAR  :signLOL:

Build thread Stage 2+ Edition 30 ~~Clicky here~~

scottm72

« Reply #2536 on: November 16, 2012, 05:46:04 pm »
I still have the wrong spelling on mine

Didn't notice until it was pointed  out on here

I have sent an email to vw racing Wolfsburg to see if they can sell me surrounds
yeah get them changed mate, cheap as chips if you buy from awesome,
quality is top notch and fast delivery

scottm72

« Reply #2537 on: November 16, 2012, 05:49:25 pm »
Scott!! I've said it before buddy. CLEAN YOUR CAR  :signLOL:
dude I DID clean it since last time,,,, and also I washed it 2 days ago which was about 30 miles ago,,,, man the roads are just manky,,,,, I swear when I washed it 2 days ago I drove about half a mile and then got splashed with road sh*t from a truck coming the other way, all over the windscreen as well,,,, fu**ing b roads,,,, man I wasn't happy.
I need to move to a dry country with my car lol

hey mc71,,, is the roads clean where you are dude if so im moving there  :P

Offline MC71

• Thank You
  • -Given: 413
  • -Receive: 427
  • Mk7 R
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,113185.0.html
« Reply #2538 on: November 16, 2012, 06:12:26 pm »
^^^^ likely story!   :grin:

Roads are filthy here in Sussex too matey, it's just my car has 3 layers of Poorboy's Natty's Paste Wax on it and I defy anything to stick to it after a weekend of buffing!

Build thread Stage 2+ Edition 30 ~~Clicky here~~

Offline Baz300

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 26
    • Email
« Reply #2539 on: November 16, 2012, 06:49:34 pm »

Roads are filthy here in Sussex too matey, it's just my car has 3 layers of Poorboy's Natty's Paste Wax on it and I defy anything to stick to it after a weekend of buffing!

I have 2 coats of nattys wax on my car too

Drove 10 miles and the car is filthy up close but still looks Shiney from a distance

They have been gritting the roads here every night this week

scottm72

« Reply #2540 on: November 16, 2012, 07:21:59 pm »
I got 1 coat of the same stuff lol and im dirty,,, I tell you those bl@@dy gritters, I swear they damage cars, got hit twice so far passing one in the opp direction on b roads, im at say 50mph, he is prob doing 40mph, so that's a combined speed of 90mph getting little salty stones chucked over my bonnet, they seem to be spraying wider this year,,,,, next one I see im slowing right down

Offline Lone_Par

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 12
    • Lone_Pars MK5 Diamond Black GTI
« Reply #2541 on: November 16, 2012, 07:44:24 pm »

I have 2 coats of nattys wax on my car too

Drove 10 miles and the car is filthy up close but still looks Shiney from a distance

They have been gritting the roads here every night this week

And the road to Kemnay is still a mare with all those loose stone/dust!!

Going to give mine a decent scrub on Sunday hopefully. Bloody black cars!!!!

scottm72

« Reply #2542 on: November 16, 2012, 07:46:45 pm »
Sunday gone - snow foamed the car

oh look, the brakes and stripe also match the pressure washer  :jumping:

lol that's cool, what do you use to get that snow foam, do you have a link dude  :happy2:

thanks.

yeah these are what you need,

http://www.elitecarcare.co.uk/elite-heavy-duty-foam-lance-6-types-of-fitment-and-free-1l.php

http://www.elitecarcare.co.uk/ph-neutral-snow-foam.php

and a pressure washer. you can get the lance with different fitments, i ordered karcher as thats who makes the pressure washer i have.

you just fill the bottle with 1 inch or so of snow foam, and fill the rest with water, and spray at the car. you have to adjust the nozzle to get the spray right, but its simple.    there may be other lances out there, but thats the one i got.

also it will last you ages as one bottle covers the car maybe 2-3 times!
cheers for that mate, looks good, I have a karcher pressyre washer so it maybe fit as is,,, it says it is a pre wash system ? does that mean I still have to wash with another soap after ?
car looks really soapy,,, is it actually better than normal bucket of soapy water and once its on do you leave it a while then use sponge or something to rub it in ?
cheers again dude
looking at the foam system at both polished bliss web site and also elite site, on elite the 5l bottle of suds is half the price compared to polished bliss ?
any point paying the more money ? the lance systems are pretty much the same price though

Offline Lone_Par

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #2543 on: November 16, 2012, 07:51:45 pm »
Sunday gone - snow foamed the car

oh look, the brakes and stripe also match the pressure washer  :jumping:

lol that's cool, what do you use to get that snow foam, do you have a link dude  :happy2:

thanks.

yeah these are what you need,

http://www.elitecarcare.co.uk/elite-heavy-duty-foam-lance-6-types-of-fitment-and-free-1l.php

http://www.elitecarcare.co.uk/ph-neutral-snow-foam.php

and a pressure washer. you can get the lance with different fitments, i ordered karcher as thats who makes the pressure washer i have.

you just fill the bottle with 1 inch or so of snow foam, and fill the rest with water, and spray at the car. you have to adjust the nozzle to get the spray right, but its simple.    there may be other lances out there, but thats the one i got.

also it will last you ages as one bottle covers the car maybe 2-3 times!
cheers for that mate, looks good, I have a karcher pressyre washer so it maybe fit as is,,, it says it is a pre wash system ? does that mean I still have to wash with another soap after ?
car looks really soapy,,, is it actually better than normal bucket of soapy water and once its on do you leave it a while then use sponge or something to rub it in ?
cheers again dude
looking at the foam system at both polished bliss web site and also elite site, on elite the 5l bottle of suds is half the price compared to polished bliss ?
any point paying the more money ? the lance systems are pretty much the same price though

Depends what brand you get mate to be honest. PB do stock some fairly high end stuff but the also sell Megs Hyperwash etc that can be used for snow foam. They are in Kintore as well so not million miles away. We could have a mini meet with all the Kemnay boys!!

Offline Baz300

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 26
    • Email
« Reply #2544 on: November 16, 2012, 08:01:34 pm »

Depends what brand you get mate to be honest. PB do stock some fairly high end stuff but the also sell Megs Hyperwash etc that can be used for snow foam. They are in Kintore as well so not million miles away. We could have a mini meet with all the Kemnay boys!!

Believe it or not but there used to be quite a cruiser scene in Kemnay

The car park across from the chipper was the meeting place and it was full most nights

Offline Lone_Par

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #2545 on: November 16, 2012, 08:15:25 pm »
See you there...!  :pomppomp:

Offline trs888

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 17
  • -Receive: 20
    • Email
« Reply #2546 on: November 16, 2012, 08:17:27 pm »
cheers again dude

Well it is a ore wash its supposed to loosen dirt off the paint surface.
I still wash with regular autoglym shampoo after that but it's supposed to be better for a heavily soiled car to prewash. Especially in winter when the salt is on the road. You spray it on, leave for 8-10 mins I think then pressure wash off. Then I wash as normal.

As for polished bliss I can't say as I've only used the one from elite car care but its really good. Got their own brand as a free gift when bought the lance and its just as good as the 5l one in my previous link

I prefer the price too lol  

Offline Lone_Par

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #2547 on: November 16, 2012, 08:33:18 pm »
[/quote]

http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,56482.15.html

:happy2:

scottm72

« Reply #2548 on: November 16, 2012, 11:09:23 pm »
hmm ok,have read loads of threads now on this snow foam and also read a few of the reviews outside this forum.
I think a lot of people think you spray this stuff on and wait 10 minutes before rinsing off and boom you may not have to clean the car now  :drool: :drool: :drool:
obviously as a lot of people know it doesn't work like that, it is just a pre wash system,,, it loosens the dirt only and it does let you get into some little bits you would normally miss, would be great if it just cleaned the car as you sat and waited for the 10 minutes lol,,, man everyone would be buying it.
like any other product out there there will be crap ones, prob most of the cheap ones but im sure there will be some budget ones out there that are great,,,, just gotta find them.
I have always used a drive through car wash for years but when I bought my BLACK gti recently I knew that was the end of that,,, pain in the arse to be honest spraying the car, then hand washing, then rinsing, then drying, then drying again then out with the wax for coat 1, coat 2 etc etc etc,,, can take 5 hours man so anything that will shorten the time and at the same time make the nosey neighbours look twice at your top to toe foamy car is worth a punt.
to loosen the dirt is a good thing as we all know especially when it is with warm water,,, was thinking myself that a hot water pressure washer would be a lot better than the norm of a cold one, I use a k series k-archer, good machine but I may look into a hot version with built in soap dispenser and a considerate washing end as not to scratch the car,,,,, would certainly make it easier to wash with better results.
I am going to buy the foam system from polished bliss as well as a set of mits etc and see what it is like.
there is some mad stuff on there and very ott, like ionised water filter so you can let your car drip dry without water marks etc, man you could spend a fortune if you wanted.
anyway spose better get of this subject as it is a bit away from the thread topic 

Offline ROH ECHT

• Thank You
  • -Given: 113
  • -Receive: 147
  • K04 PLAY....ZOOM DIS!
« Reply #2549 on: November 17, 2012, 08:50:32 am »
Agree that it's a good prewash before laying your hands on it. I do use the pressure washer with car soap from time to time just to make it look better until I have time to show it more luv. I apply the soap and let it sit for 5 minutes or so before rinsing with higher pressure and only I know the grit is still there ;]

Today I switched my GIAC remap from PUMP to STOCK. I was curious whether or not I would get better mileage b/c throughout the rest of the past year before the weather turned back to cold, and something happens to the fuel for whatever reason, I was getting 29.5 mpg on average. For the past month, maybe a week or two more, I've only been getting 26.3 mpg. I made two round trips on my normal daily route today in stock mode and guess what happened? I averaged 29.7 mpg again. It appears that the stock giac K04 mode is a better winter remap mode to run for better mpg only of course ;[ It's still quick, just not sub 13 sec. et quick.

So does this sound right? Or have I simply stumbled onto what just happens to work?
« Last Edit: November 17, 2012, 08:53:08 am by ROH ECHT »
K04 PLAY...K04 turbo/S3 INJ. & FMIC/FORGE FMTC, TB hose, & WG actuator/GIAC's H.O. K04 & DSG TUNES/AWE DV/NEUSPEED P-FLO,TURBO OUTLET & TB pipe/AUTOTECH hpfp/BSH Eng.&Trans Mounts/H&R ARB's/Whiteline Performance springs & W.A.L.K./ECS stage-3 BBK/BILSTEIN B8's...ZOOM'DIS...GIAC K04 tune-2007 Volkswagen GTI: 12.823 @ 112.050 MPH__Voting for my Dragtimes link: http://www.dragtimes.com/Volkswagen-GTI-Timeslip-25700.html?r=1