Make a donation

Author Topic: What did you and your MKV do today?  (Read 2697297 times)

Offline Tfsi_Mike

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 241
  • -Receive: 309
  • Go Large or Go Home
    • Tfsi Mikes Money Pit AKS / TTE / RTech St2+ Cupra
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,32721.msg402587.html#msg402587
Re: What did you and your MKV do today?
« Reply #3645 on: February 20, 2013, 04:20:16 pm »

Oil filter is 36mm socket on mine. Housing is plastic so might crack if using a filter strap?

Offline scottm72

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 7
« Reply #3646 on: February 20, 2013, 04:23:36 pm »
Got.
Air Filter , Fuel Filter, Pollen Cabin Filter. Oil Filter. 5w30 Castrol Edge Oil. Bosch Spark Glow Plugs, Oil Drainer. Oil Filter Wrench and not last but least the Boot pop modding parts :)
still cant get my boot pop to open properly unless facing uphill  :sad1:

Offline Tortaruga

• Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 105
« Reply #3647 on: February 20, 2013, 04:27:59 pm »
LOL.

Sounds like a sh*te mod alright.
'07 Red manual

Offline Kalpsn2000

• Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 56
« Reply #3648 on: February 20, 2013, 04:40:45 pm »
if i am reading this right it looks like i have missed a mod,
are you saying you can code through vcds so that once you close the car doors and for example the windows are open you can lock the car with the normal one press of the key fob - but with this mod the windows will self close ?
can this be coded to all cars ?
cheers

You can open and close the windows remotely as standard by just holding either the lock or unlock button down. The coding is only necessary if you want just a one press action.
didnt even know i could raise the windows holding onto the key fob lol, works a treat, will code the one touch once i get vcds.
Noticed a glitch today, went into the newsagent for a few minutes and my window was open, came out and it was closed but it started to rain so obviouslly the self closing window function i got coded with vcds works - great - but - then noticed the intermittent wipers would not function apart from the first initial wipe ????
I tried it \ few times but didnt make a difference, the normal wiper function is ok but it seems to have affected the intermittent function regardless of speed set.
Will keep an eye on it as maybe it will sort itself as only happened today, if it does not fix itself that vcds option of the windows self closing when it is raining will be getting taken off,,,, anyone had this prob before ?

Do you mean auto wipe as the GTI doesn't have an (old skool) intermittent wipe option?
Diamond Black 2007 (56) Golf GTI 3Dr DSG ¦ 18" Monza II's ¦ Cruise control ¦ MFSW ¦ Highline ¦ Rear parking sensors ¦ PDT Stage 1 ¦ Forge Twintake ¦ H&R Sport Springs ¦ NQSBBK ¦ R32 Rear bumper ¦ BCS Powervalve Sports R32 style TBE ¦ Valeo LED Rear Lights ¦ Xenon lights with HID kit ¦ DNX521DAB ¦ 12mm Spacers all round ¦

Offline scottm72

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #3649 on: February 20, 2013, 04:53:36 pm »
if i am reading this right it looks like i have missed a mod,
are you saying you can code through vcds so that once you close the car doors and for example the windows are open you can lock the car with the normal one press of the key fob - but with this mod the windows will self close ?
can this be coded to all cars ?
cheers

You can open and close the windows remotely as standard by just holding either the lock or unlock button down. The coding is only necessary if you want just a one press action.
didnt even know i could raise the windows holding onto the key fob lol, works a treat, will code the one touch once i get vcds.
Noticed a glitch today, went into the newsagent for a few minutes and my window was open, came out and it was closed but it started to rain so obviouslly the self closing window function i got coded with vcds works - great - but - then noticed the intermittent wipers would not function apart from the first initial wipe ????
I tried it \ few times but didnt make a difference, the normal wiper function is ok but it seems to have affected the intermittent function regardless of speed set.
Will keep an eye on it as maybe it will sort itself as only happened today, if it does not fix itself that vcds option of the windows self closing when it is raining will be getting taken off,,,, anyone had this prob before ?

Do you mean auto wipe as the GTI doesn't have an (old skool) intermittent wipe option?
Sorry - yes i mean auto wipe,,, just drove again and still not working,,, def the window going up on its own done something to it,,, weird

Offline Tortaruga

• Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 105
« Reply #3650 on: February 20, 2013, 04:57:46 pm »
Have you tried greasing your balls?
'07 Red manual

Offline Kalpsn2000

• Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 56
« Reply #3651 on: February 20, 2013, 05:10:29 pm »

:signLOL:
Diamond Black 2007 (56) Golf GTI 3Dr DSG ¦ 18" Monza II's ¦ Cruise control ¦ MFSW ¦ Highline ¦ Rear parking sensors ¦ PDT Stage 1 ¦ Forge Twintake ¦ H&R Sport Springs ¦ NQSBBK ¦ R32 Rear bumper ¦ BCS Powervalve Sports R32 style TBE ¦ Valeo LED Rear Lights ¦ Xenon lights with HID kit ¦ DNX521DAB ¦ 12mm Spacers all round ¦

Offline scottm72

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #3652 on: February 20, 2013, 05:17:11 pm »
yes my balls are very greasy  :signLOL:

Offline torque777

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 12
Re: Re: What did you and your MKV do today?
« Reply #3653 on: February 20, 2013, 06:28:14 pm »
Fitted mtec bulbs ...

sent using my own fingers

Offline DFish

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 14
« Reply #3654 on: February 20, 2013, 08:54:43 pm »
Had yet another expensive day at AKS with Alex. EGR Delete, studs now fitted instead of bolts on the wheels and plenty of abuse in both directions.

Noticed a dodgy pink and grey Leon that really does need a good hard driving session, think some magpie owns it  :P. Then parked next to it was another local Leon from my neck of the woods.

Fish

Offline Tfsi_Mike

• Thank You
  • -Given: 241
  • -Receive: 309
  • Go Large or Go Home
    • Tfsi Mikes Money Pit AKS / TTE / RTech St2+ Cupra
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,32721.msg402587.html#msg402587
« Reply #3655 on: February 20, 2013, 09:01:07 pm »
Had yet another expensive day at AKS with Alex. EGR Delete, studs now fitted instead of bolts on the wheels and plenty of abuse in both directions.

Noticed a dodgy pink and grey Leon that really does need a good hard driving session, think some magpie owns it  :P. Then parked next to it was another local Leon from my neck of the woods.

Fish

:innocent:

Offline andybon

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 8
« Reply #3656 on: February 20, 2013, 09:02:28 pm »
Picked up the freshly painted bumper and spoiler from the bodyshop.

Tomorrow the Eibach springs get fitted  :drool:
How hard can it be?

Offline scottm72

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
Re: Re: What did you and your MKV do today?
« Reply #3657 on: February 21, 2013, 11:00:54 pm »
Fitted mtec bulbs ...

sent using my own fingers
dude it looks like you have a light strip between your headlights and your fog lights ???
am i seeing things here as my car doesnt have that

Offline scottm72

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #3658 on: February 21, 2013, 11:03:05 pm »
got wheel allingment done,
car has always been straight but it was way out  :surprised:
trying to get the mk6 steering wheel straight was a nightmare, was adjusted and test driven 3 times by a trusted mechanic,,,, got there in the end £60 so happy now lol

Offline ROH ECHT

• Thank You
  • -Given: 113
  • -Receive: 147
  • K04 PLAY....ZOOM DIS!
« Reply #3659 on: February 22, 2013, 02:35:08 am »
Replaced the fuel filter...fuel pressure, sweet pressure ;p
K04 PLAY...K04 turbo/S3 INJ. & FMIC/FORGE FMTC, TB hose, & WG actuator/GIAC's H.O. K04 & DSG TUNES/AWE DV/NEUSPEED P-FLO,TURBO OUTLET & TB pipe/AUTOTECH hpfp/BSH Eng.&Trans Mounts/H&R ARB's/Whiteline Performance springs & W.A.L.K./ECS stage-3 BBK/BILSTEIN B8's...ZOOM'DIS...GIAC K04 tune-2007 Volkswagen GTI: 12.823 @ 112.050 MPH__Voting for my Dragtimes link: http://www.dragtimes.com/Volkswagen-GTI-Timeslip-25700.html?r=1