Make a donation

Author Topic: What did you and your MKV do today?  (Read 2697061 times)

Offline Hedge

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 484
  • -Receive: 304
Re: What did you and your MKV do today?
« Reply #3705 on: February 25, 2013, 06:09:02 am »
He did tell you . They're made by a company called OSIR.

Offline scottm72

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 7
« Reply #3706 on: February 25, 2013, 11:21:05 am »
He did tell you . They're made by a company called OSIR.
Was sitting there trying to figure out what OSIR meant  :ashamed:
Thanks for clearing that up for me and thank you for the info.

Offline homesqueeze

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 42
  • Got another Golf!
« Reply #3707 on: February 25, 2013, 07:18:30 pm »

only to discover that after 10 or so miles the wiper wash died.

the rear wiper for a little while was only coming out a little then after about 5 seconds of holding the rear wash it would come out faster.

then the fronts decided to die on me completely. they spluttered out for the first wash and the subsequent attempts were futile! the pump sounds but no water. maybe a pipe has come off? got home at 8, watched top gear will have a look in the morning to see if i can see anything but im hoping its not a front bumper off jobbie!

also, i had to buy a bottle of water to shower the screen with once we stopped to swap drivers at the services!  :signLOL:

Mine dumped out all it's water once. A pipe had come unconnected at the bottom of the washer reservoir. It was right behind the drivers side foglight cover. Think it had just worked loose over the years. Not sure if that's what has happened to yours though.
'16 MK7 Golf 1.4TSI Match Edition

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #3708 on: February 25, 2013, 11:07:54 pm »
On Saturday.............

:notworthy:

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline Kalpsn2000

• Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 56
« Reply #3709 on: February 25, 2013, 11:17:09 pm »
^^^
Sweet! Although could do with a wash.

Yours is looking very nice Robin :happy2:
Diamond Black 2007 (56) Golf GTI 3Dr DSG ¦ 18" Monza II's ¦ Cruise control ¦ MFSW ¦ Highline ¦ Rear parking sensors ¦ PDT Stage 1 ¦ Forge Twintake ¦ H&R Sport Springs ¦ NQSBBK ¦ R32 Rear bumper ¦ BCS Powervalve Sports R32 style TBE ¦ Valeo LED Rear Lights ¦ Xenon lights with HID kit ¦ DNX521DAB ¦ 12mm Spacers all round ¦

Offline Tortaruga

• Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 105
« Reply #3710 on: February 25, 2013, 11:17:45 pm »
 :drool: :drool: :drool:

Nice Porsche too.
'07 Red manual

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
« Reply #3711 on: February 25, 2013, 11:30:36 pm »
On Saturday.............

:notworthy:

That is the very same car that was at the Nurburgring last time i went. It was getting a hammering and sounded amazing.  :evilgrin:

IMG_4321 by T0P cat, on Flickr

IMG_4441 by T0P cat, on Flickr

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #3712 on: February 25, 2013, 11:43:46 pm »
^^^^
He's local to me. Met him last year when he was having a good look at my car and I asked if he was into performance cars. He just grinned and walked off around the corner and then came back in the Carrera and gave it some welly for my benefit. You're right, TC - The sound is absolutely amazing!! Gets to you right in the chest! I was on a high for days!

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline scottm72

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #3713 on: February 26, 2013, 12:13:58 am »
RR thats a great picture you got there, bet it must have cost the guy a ffffffortune that car,
next time ask if he will swap cars for a day  :jumping: :jumping: :jumping:

Offline ROH ECHT

• Thank You
  • -Given: 113
  • -Receive: 147
  • K04 PLAY....ZOOM DIS!
« Reply #3714 on: February 26, 2013, 12:17:08 am »
Replaced the fuel filter and all is back on target. Intake air mass is up from 210 g/s to 248 g/s, low fuel pressure after 6k rpm is up from sub 4.0 bar to greater than 5.0 bar. High rail pressure is up from sub 120 bar to greater than 130 bar. Looks to have maybe gained 15 hp by turning down the boost from 23.5 psi(over specified) at redline to 18 psi(equal to specified) at redline, and then by replacing the 6.6 bar filter.
K04 PLAY...K04 turbo/S3 INJ. & FMIC/FORGE FMTC, TB hose, & WG actuator/GIAC's H.O. K04 & DSG TUNES/AWE DV/NEUSPEED P-FLO,TURBO OUTLET & TB pipe/AUTOTECH hpfp/BSH Eng.&Trans Mounts/H&R ARB's/Whiteline Performance springs & W.A.L.K./ECS stage-3 BBK/BILSTEIN B8's...ZOOM'DIS...GIAC K04 tune-2007 Volkswagen GTI: 12.823 @ 112.050 MPH__Voting for my Dragtimes link: http://www.dragtimes.com/Volkswagen-GTI-Timeslip-25700.html?r=1

Offline scottm72

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #3715 on: February 26, 2013, 12:28:59 am »
Replaced the fuel filter and all is back on target. Intake air mass is up from 210 g/s to 248 g/s, low fuel pressure after 6k rpm is up from sub 4.0 bar to greater than 5.0 bar. High rail pressure is up from sub 120 bar to greater than 130 bar. Looks to have maybe gained 15 hp by turning down the boost from 23.5 psi(over specified) at redline to 18 psi(equal to specified) at redline, and then by replacing the 6.6 bar filter.
YEAH - WHAT HE SAID ABOVE - OR JUST POUR SOME TEQUILA IN THE FUEL TANK  :jumping:

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #3716 on: February 26, 2013, 12:33:06 am »

RR thats a great picture you got there, bet it must have cost the guy a ffffffortune that car,

....He didn't buy it new but it's not his only supercar. If you met him you wouldn't think he had the money. Just another petrolhead  :notworthy:

Offline ROH ECHT

• Thank You
  • -Given: 113
  • -Receive: 147
  • K04 PLAY....ZOOM DIS!
« Reply #3717 on: February 26, 2013, 06:39:02 am »
YEAH - WHAT HE SAID ABOVE - OR JUST POUR SOME TEQUILA IN THE FUEL TANK  :jumping:

I thought that my tequila was going to be a new lpfp in the tank ;p
Turns out that bringing the boost down got the ecu to request some of the lost fuel pressure and the new filter made the ecu raise it even more. Really happy that I don't have to replace the lpfp just yet.
K04 PLAY...K04 turbo/S3 INJ. & FMIC/FORGE FMTC, TB hose, & WG actuator/GIAC's H.O. K04 & DSG TUNES/AWE DV/NEUSPEED P-FLO,TURBO OUTLET & TB pipe/AUTOTECH hpfp/BSH Eng.&Trans Mounts/H&R ARB's/Whiteline Performance springs & W.A.L.K./ECS stage-3 BBK/BILSTEIN B8's...ZOOM'DIS...GIAC K04 tune-2007 Volkswagen GTI: 12.823 @ 112.050 MPH__Voting for my Dragtimes link: http://www.dragtimes.com/Volkswagen-GTI-Timeslip-25700.html?r=1

Offline homesqueeze

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 42
  • Got another Golf!
« Reply #3718 on: February 26, 2013, 06:43:57 pm »

....He didn't buy it new but it's not his only supercar. If you met him you wouldn't think he had the money. Just another petrolhead  :notworthy:

Nice car! Don't see many of them around. So exclusive some of them can cost more now than when new!
'16 MK7 Golf 1.4TSI Match Edition

Offline trs888

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 17
  • -Receive: 20
    • Email
« Reply #3719 on: February 26, 2013, 07:03:40 pm »

Mine dumped out all it's water once. A pipe had come unconnected at the bottom of the washer reservoir. It was right behind the drivers side foglight cover. Think it had just worked loose over the years. Not sure if that's what has happened to yours though.

yes, thats what it was! removed fog grille and the pipe was off!

why didnt the car say washers were empty tho?

still doesnt seem right, the back screen washer is flimsy to say the least and the fronts dont seem right either, the drivers side only comes half way up the screen where the passenger is normal. cant see debris clogging up the jet. my bro says ive burned the motor out because its been "over used" as i like a clean screen. maybe a bit OCD  :jumping: