Make a donation

Author Topic: What did you and your MKV do today?  (Read 2691831 times)

Offline JoeDarKa

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 57
  • -Receive: 73
Re: What did you and your MKV do today?
« Reply #2625 on: November 21, 2012, 10:33:37 am »
If anyone is interested they look like this lit up:

Rubbish pic but gives you an idea!

GT Sport - Reflex Silver 2.0 TDI My Build

Offline Teo10

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #2626 on: November 21, 2012, 10:37:16 am »

Absoloutely ****ing raging!!!

Went out to bathgate (30 miles away) on Tuesday to drop my car off to get my wings replaced, had to arrange to get insured on my mums car so I could get to work etc for the week and just had a call from them today.

The wings they ordered came and were damaged, so they ordered a second pair... which were damaged!!

I now have to pick my car up today, even though they close at 5 and im meant to be working till half 5, drive all the way out there to book in again probably in 3 weeks time or so just after I will have started my new job and arrange to drop it off and get someone to bring me back etc

:fighting: :fighting: :fighting: :fighting: :fighting: :fighting: :fighting:

....Hope you feel better after your understandable rant. But it doesn't sound like the dealer's fault but the supplier (probably VW warehouse at Milton Keynes).

You have to look on the bright side: You're getting free new wings.

Oh yeah I know it's not their fault. I'm not one to go in and blame it soley on the person sitting behind the desk because I know its outwith their control. Just angry that it's happened and had to spend money I didnt have on getting insured on another car, oh and the hassle of having to get out there and back! Apparently they dont do courtesy cars for paint warranty work but I know of others who got them for the wings getting done?!

Offline ArildStavrum

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 8
« Reply #2627 on: November 21, 2012, 11:13:11 am »

Absoloutely ****ing raging!!!

Went out to bathgate (30 miles away) on Tuesday to drop my car off to get my wings replaced, had to arrange to get insured on my mums car so I could get to work etc for the week and just had a call from them today.

The wings they ordered came and were damaged, so they ordered a second pair... which were damaged!!

I now have to pick my car up today, even though they close at 5 and im meant to be working till half 5, drive all the way out there to book in again probably in 3 weeks time or so just after I will have started my new job and arrange to drop it off and get someone to bring me back etc

:fighting: :fighting: :fighting: :fighting: :fighting: :fighting: :fighting:

....Hope you feel better after your understandable rant. But it doesn't sound like the dealer's fault but the supplier (probably VW warehouse at Milton Keynes).

You have to look on the bright side: You're getting free new wings.

Oh yeah I know it's not their fault. I'm not one to go in and blame it soley on the person sitting behind the desk because I know its outwith their control. Just angry that it's happened and had to spend money I didnt have on getting insured on another car, oh and the hassle of having to get out there and back! Apparently they dont do courtesy cars for paint warranty work but I know of others who got them for the wings getting done?!

I think given the predicament and lets not forget that this is VW's fault the least they should be offering you is a courtesy car and to recompence you on any outlay as a result of THEIR failure to deliver a satisfactory service.

Quite simply that is appalling customer service.

Offline marko

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 33
    • Email
« Reply #2628 on: November 21, 2012, 12:10:38 pm »

great mod pal....
just ordered a set there now myself...
18 austrailian dollars
 :happy2: :happy2:
2007 TR gt170...heated leather,underseat drawers,auto-levelling bi-xenons,puddle leds,chrome switches,footwell lights f+r,cruise control and ed30 rear lamps,LED interior....carbon highline clocks,ed30 front spoiler,RNS 510 P+MDI,mk6 gti gearknob,TPMS done,complete r32 trim kit+ MFSW,r32 f+r brakes,RLS fitted.headlamp washers,folding mirrors and boot pop,mk6 RVC,19"Helios,AP coilies,valeo LEDs  ...dpf delete and remap to finish off

Offline monte

• Thank You
  • -Given: 116
  • -Receive: 134
  • Global Ruler
    • Deep-Shine Detail. Detailing-Wrapping-Tints. Lincoln.
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,67679.0.html
« Reply #2629 on: November 21, 2012, 02:11:59 pm »
Hi Joe,

There are a few links on eBay for laminX from Funkmotorsportco, however you will have to contact Steve for the correct size and tint.
The mk5 headlights are BIG and I'm sure I bought 24x24" but u will have enough to do the fogs too.  :wink:
I know it cost me £60 delivered.
If you contact Steve he will sort you out.

Also he did mention a possible Group Buy if someone wants to set it up with him?

http://www.funkmotorsport.com/shop/4567114488/Lamin-X

Offline itismebigd

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 10
    • Email
« Reply #2630 on: November 21, 2012, 08:59:14 pm »
Hi Marko,if not to much of a bother pal,can you please tell me how hard it was to fit the loom for the xenon shutters,and how you done it please.i would very much appreciate it m8 thank you

Dougie

scottm72

« Reply #2631 on: November 21, 2012, 10:12:31 pm »

^^^^ That's a great photo!  :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats:

The alloys particularly suit the car.

Good enough for the 2013 forum calendar IMO.

Cheers Robin  :ashamed: Cheered me right up  :pomppomp:
yeah I will second that, looks very very cool, im now considering the headlight tints after seeing yours  :drool:

Offline Lone_Par

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 12
    • Lone_Pars MK5 Diamond Black GTI
« Reply #2632 on: November 21, 2012, 10:26:38 pm »
going to try a new wax, expensive but lets see
http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acatalog/blackfire-midnight-sun-paste-wax-cat13.html

I see telling your about PB has paid dividends (for them!)!!

scottm72

« Reply #2633 on: November 21, 2012, 10:47:15 pm »
going to try a new wax, expensive but lets see
http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acatalog/blackfire-midnight-sun-paste-wax-cat13.html

I see telling your about PB has paid dividends (for them!)!!
hey man was it you was it
yeah man £500 later, I bought there £28 wax then when I checked it on their web site obviously as you went up in price it got better, some mad prices but decided to go one up to the blackfire one at £58 or so.
it may not be any better than my sominiz diamond hard wax spray I was using before that cost £6 or so from Tesco but we will see, meant to be 40 applications so that should last a while.

Offline Lone_Par

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 12
    • Lone_Pars MK5 Diamond Black GTI
« Reply #2634 on: November 22, 2012, 10:09:05 am »
You definitely get what you pay for mate. The black fire stuff is decent as well. I just stick with Poorboys stuff at the moment. Though going to get a machine polisher in the spring so will assess my options then and allow Polished Bliss to empty my bank account.

scottm72

« Reply #2635 on: November 22, 2012, 06:57:15 pm »
man this weather sucks, makes you think twice about spending 3 hours on your car doesn't it :sick:

Offline Kalpsn2000

• Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 56
« Reply #2636 on: November 22, 2012, 08:31:50 pm »
man this weather sucks, makes you think twice about spending 3 hours on your car doesn't it :sick:

Yeah you do all that hard work getting it looking great and the it gets messy the next minute :sad1:
Diamond Black 2007 (56) Golf GTI 3Dr DSG ¦ 18" Monza II's ¦ Cruise control ¦ MFSW ¦ Highline ¦ Rear parking sensors ¦ PDT Stage 1 ¦ Forge Twintake ¦ H&R Sport Springs ¦ NQSBBK ¦ R32 Rear bumper ¦ BCS Powervalve Sports R32 style TBE ¦ Valeo LED Rear Lights ¦ Xenon lights with HID kit ¦ DNX521DAB ¦ 12mm Spacers all round ¦

scottm72

« Reply #2637 on: November 22, 2012, 09:01:15 pm »

Yeah you do all that hard work getting it looking great and the it gets messy the next minute :sad1:
yeah, my bodywork looks like sh*t just now,,, its just dirt but not looking impressive

Offline GTsport

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 7
« Reply #2638 on: November 22, 2012, 10:37:42 pm »

Yeah that does look miles better!!!

Thanks for the link, I've ordered a set myself.

How long did yours take to come?

Offline RoMocop

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 27
  • -Receive: 6
    • Email
« Reply #2639 on: November 22, 2012, 11:02:02 pm »
Me and my golf went to visit vrstu today who very kindly fitted my Apr pump. Weather wasn't great and not much daylight to work with but he done a great job- top man. :notworthy: :congrats:

Revo | S3 Front Brakes| VCDS (Don't know how to use :laugh:)

Also. Golf R, Rising Blue, DSG, Leather, 19" Tallys, RVC, RNS510 DAB, F+R Park Sensors, Hill Hold, CC, DynoAudio, H&R ARBs, Milltek Non-Res CatBack, Garage Vary Carbon Fibre Lip.