Make a donation

Author Topic: Canon or Nikon?? Opinions please  (Read 7040 times)

Offline SO8

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
Re: Canon or Nikon?? Opinions please
« Reply #30 on: June 17, 2011, 03:03:45 pm »
Canon or Nikon ... you can't go wrong with either !

My wife is a professional photographer and she uses Canon ... and has done for years - but says Nikon is better for low light at the moment ... but then she is using it at weddings in churches where flash is normally not allowed or infact used by her.

If you are using or plan to in low light without flash then go Nikon ... action is a toss up between the two manufacturers but Canon I think has the edge.  Try both to see how the controls feel as both manufacturers though similar do things differently control wise :)

Offline SO8

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #31 on: June 17, 2011, 03:58:22 pm »
How much to you want to spend and what are you going to take photos of ?   

Offline markfive

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 5
  • You ain't seen me, right?
« Reply #32 on: June 17, 2011, 09:39:54 pm »
I had to wait 3 weeks for my K-5 in February to make sure I had one from the second batch. But am very glad I decided to stick with the K-5 rather than changing my mind.
'57 DSG GTI alas now gone, but not forgotten....
Now motorway cruising in a 61 Mondeo Titanium X Sport 2.2 TDCi. 500+ miles to a tankful and bucketloads of torque :O Ok, it's not a GTI but it's fun... and that's what counts ;)

Offline Hedge

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 484
  • -Receive: 304
« Reply #33 on: June 17, 2011, 10:04:19 pm »
I picked my first one up as they were released in October. All was well until I saw the dreaded spots across the screen earlier this year.
Exchanged without any quibbles at SRSMicrosystems who are top to deal with.  :happy2:

Offline markfive

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 5
  • You ain't seen me, right?
« Reply #34 on: June 17, 2011, 10:13:05 pm »
Got mine from SRS as well - well worth the journey to Watford (not that it's a huge trip TBH lol). Very friendly, very helpful, plus of course an extra years warranty because they are a Pentax Pro dealer.  :congrats:

Just charging batteries now for my football clubs presentation day tomorrow  :happy2:

'57 DSG GTI alas now gone, but not forgotten....
Now motorway cruising in a 61 Mondeo Titanium X Sport 2.2 TDCi. 500+ miles to a tankful and bucketloads of torque :O Ok, it's not a GTI but it's fun... and that's what counts ;)

Offline Lavonkey

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: June 30, 2011, 09:36:46 am »
All my experiences of using Canon have proven better than Nikon, I've usually had better lens quality.. And their customer service is really good too (random, but can't rule it out! :P)

Offline animal

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 8
  • .:R32
« Reply #36 on: June 30, 2011, 11:32:15 am »
+1 for Canon.

All the pro's I've worked with have used Canon. My Dad has a Nikon, and compared to my 450D it feels cheap. I think its a 400D equivalent, so a generation out compared to mine but even so, doesn't feel as well made. However, no decernable difference in picture quality to an amatuer like me.

I don't like the shutter sound on the Nikon either. How's that for fussy?!
Only 250.1bhp - but with that noise, who cares?

Mile-muncher ordered: MkVI 1.6 TDi BlueMotion Match DSG with leather, winter pack, luxury pack, fogs, climate control, Dynaudio pack, RCD510 with DAB & MDI, flat tyre indicator