Make a donation

Author Topic: Happy Fathers Day  (Read 3008 times)

Offline MAT ED30

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 82
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
Re: Happy Fathers Day
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2011, 06:09:37 pm »
 :congrats: Dave very very cool mate best thing ever  :congrats: glad your all doing well too

Mods yes but way too many to stick in this little box

Offline G864TST

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2011, 06:30:28 pm »
I love Fathers day - best day of the year in my book
Daughter woke me up this morning with a bottle of AG ultra shine "perfect for your GTI Dad"  :smiley:

CT

Offline Tfsi_Mike

• Thank You
  • -Given: 241
  • -Receive: 309
  • Go Large or Go Home
    • Tfsi Mikes Money Pit AKS / TTE / RTech St2+ Cupra
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,32721.msg402587.html#msg402587
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2011, 06:35:04 pm »
I love Fathers day - best day of the year in my book
Daughter woke me up this morning with a bottle of AG ultra shine "perfect for your GTI Dad"  :smiley:

CT

Mint  :smiley:

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 78
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2011, 07:29:23 pm »
Yes, Happy Fathers Day to all the fellow Dads!

Bit of a strange one for me. Now normally I don't subscribe to these kind of things (they're just a big marketing ploy right?), but I always make the effort when Mothers Day comes round. However, last night my wife decided that she was going out with friends. Not a bad thing on the face of it, however when you consider she has not been out and had more than a couple of glasses of wine for probably more than three years, it could be a recipe for disaster. And this was an early start, restaurant, comedy club, cocktail bar, proper night out. Low and behold, just after 12 o'clock I got a call from one of her friends saying it was probably a good idea if I picked her up. So, I had to drag our 2 year old out of bed, get in the car and go and fetch her. I sat in the car on the way back thinking that this really is what it will be like in 16 years when Jude is a teenager. No words were exchanged, just uncomfortable silence.

So today she has been in bed mostly, a bit worse for wear. We haven't been out for Sunday lunch (or anywhere for that matter), but I did get a card and a nice olive tree.

Saint Steve

« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2011, 08:05:52 pm »
I got a trolley jack and a 15 packet of micro fibre cloths :signLOL:

Love my kids.....thoughtful and know exactly what daddy wants :notworthy:

Offline Greeners

• Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2011, 08:28:34 pm »
Nice one fella's!  :drinking:

@ Brownie, more than relevant mate and great to hear the boys are doing so well!  :love:

Yes big man, my Dad past away when was only seven but there isnt a day that goes by that he isn't in my thoughts! Was sat on my own last crying like a baby after reading something about dads on Facebook, but my girls more than cheered me up this morning with coffee in bed and pressies!  :party: :love:

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2011, 09:27:37 pm »
@ Nath: It's actually a very good thing if you can cry - Some folks aren't able to allow themselves to do so. It's a healthy release.

Some of you might wonder why I have a big red silk poppy permanently on my GTI dashboard - It's in my father's memory. He wasn't killed in action (though he survived a serious wounding) but WW2 played a huge part in his life and it reminds me of him.

My daughter made me a special cake and designed and made a card - Very simple but it's all I needed and I didn't realise it was Father's Day.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline Hedge

• Thank You
  • -Given: 484
  • -Receive: 304
« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2011, 09:54:29 pm »
Yes big man, my Dad past away when was only seven but there isnt a day that goes by that he isn't in my thoughts! Was sat on my own last crying like a baby after reading something about dads on Facebook, but my girls more than cheered me up this morning with coffee in bed and pressies!  :party: :love:

Good you have something special to cheer you up.  :smiley:

Offline keith

• Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 32
« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2011, 10:07:36 pm »
To all the daddies both still with us and those that aren't.  :drinking:

Gone but not forgotten Dad!  :love:

:smiley: Well said.

Offline scotta

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 15
  • Edition 30
« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2011, 12:06:07 am »
I got a Lightening McQueen card from my little boys. Both are choked with the cold -  its not been a great day  :sad1:

Offline MAT ED30

• Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 82
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2011, 10:16:15 am »
I got a Lightening McQueen card from my little boys. Both are choked with the cold -  its not been a great day  :sad1:
Same as my son then  :sad1: high temp stuffy nose and a heat rash too,thank god for calpol

Mods yes but way too many to stick in this little box

Offline scotta

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 15
  • Edition 30
« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2011, 12:05:21 pm »
Same as my son then  :sad1: high temp stuffy nose and a heat rash too,thank god for calpol

Ahh the joys. Hope yours is a bit better today. Mine are on the mend.