Make a donation

Author Topic: Some Drivers Baffle Me  (Read 993 times)

Offline Verity

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 0
Some Drivers Baffle Me
« on: June 23, 2011, 12:17:38 pm »
Theres a road I have to drive up and down everyday. It's a rubbish road as its long and thin, and there are always cars parked on the road, down the one side. so you can spend ages trying to get up the road, having to stop and start, diving into spaces when you can.

I came up to the top of the road, and there was a silver car coming up. It dived into a spot to give way, but he did it at a bad angle, and the rear of the car was stuck right out. So much so that the car infront of me had to go up on the curb, to get around him.

So I held back to give way to this silver car coming up, as it seemed easier - wrong!

I flashed to let the car know I was giving way, and he did nothing. So I flashed again, and hes starts reversing. I thought at first this was because he couldnt pull forward out of the spot he'd pulled into. So I wait. And he doesn't move. He just sits blocking the road.

At this point a car is coming up behind me, so I start to drive down the road. but stop just before a 2/3 car space in parked cars, and flash for the silver car to move into the space, as hes still just sat blocking the road. He doesn't move. So I attually pointed at him, and waved at the massive space for him to pull into. And what does he do? reverses more! :stupid:

At this point I gave up, and drove down the road, He ended up reversing all the way down the road, and behind a car that was waiting at the bottom, giving way to us all.

Im pretty sure last time I read the highway code, it does say not to flash to say your giving way, as its not offically written down that this is what to do,  and it can confuse some people. But Im sure most people know if youve stopped and give a little flash that you know theyre giving way. and how can someone pointing at you and at a massive space, make you think, They want me to reverse all the way down the road

Arghh Sorry Rant over now. :scared: I know some drivers do much much worse things, but I just don't know how some drivers can be so confused by the simplest of things

Offline stealthwolf

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
Re: Some Drivers Baffle Me
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2011, 01:30:13 pm »
If I counted the number of misdemeanours I saw on the road this week, they'd be into the triple figures IMO.

Share your pain at silly drivers. Some of them are worse than me!  :driver:

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.

Offline SRC

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 21
  • -Receive: 27
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2011, 07:36:54 pm »
The really bad ones are just there to make me feel better about my own talents.

Shadow blue DSG 5 door with leather, sunroof, 18" Monzas, MFSW. 
Full list of mods:  Seat inserts and a VW bottle opener.  Each worth 20bhp.

Offline Hurdy

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 137
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2011, 11:14:55 pm »
Perhaps the driver thought he'd just gone into your parking space? :driver: :grin:
Golf R gone.