Make a donation

Author Topic: GIAC versus Revo Stage 2+  (Read 26889 times)

Offline RedRobin

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
Re: GIAC versus Revo Stage 2+
« Reply #45 on: March 24, 2009, 02:17:37 pm »

You should have a drive at the next Biali meet Robin.  :drinking:

....Ooooh, yesh pleeeease! And you, mine :smiley:

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline keith

• Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 32
« Reply #46 on: March 24, 2009, 08:18:42 pm »
I had a similar set up on my mkIV gti. but current quality issues stop me from buying milltek. Eventually though i will get a zorst.

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #47 on: March 24, 2009, 08:30:06 pm »

I had a similar set up on my mkIV gti. but current quality issues stop me from buying milltek. Eventually though i will get a zorst.

....Are you saying that you think these quality issues are throughout their products and furthermore, whatever their extent, have not been rectified?

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline jamiekip

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #48 on: March 24, 2009, 08:47:04 pm »

I'm hearing this more and more at the moment, which is a shame
TTRS Suzuka Grey

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #49 on: March 24, 2009, 08:54:52 pm »
^^^^

So someone please tell me what are the issues? [I have a lot of contact with Milltek and may be able to help all concerned]

Offline jamiekip

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #50 on: March 24, 2009, 09:20:45 pm »
Well I keep hearing (and seeing) examples that have tarnished pretty badly - which maybe down to a bad batch, I dunno.
Not a problem on everything back to the exhaust tips (though not ideal), but when they go too it doesn't look good.
Like I say, maybe an unfortunate batch
TTRS Suzuka Grey

Offline keith

• Thank You
« Reply #51 on: March 24, 2009, 09:35:30 pm »
there's a post here or on golfgti that shows the pipes that were delivered were to big i.e. stick out to much from the bumper.
There's another forum member here who has had his downpipe changed 3 times as the mounts keep breaking. I dont like to dis them but since i first raised this issue nothing seems to have changed.

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #52 on: March 24, 2009, 10:23:02 pm »
^^^^
Thanks for this info, Jamie and Keith - I will discuss it with Mr Milly himself. I'm not an employee of Milltek but I do test some of their products from time to time and am in continual contact with them.

Regarding the broken downpipe mounts, this happened to me too and Milltek now include a poly torque arm insert to reduce stresses and they have also more recently revised the mounts so they are 'telescopic'. I'm away at the airport most of tomorrow but will get back to you hopefully in the next few days - Better if I start a new thread and ask the Mods to transfer some of the posts from here as appropriate.

One thing I can assure you is that Milltek care very deeply about the standard of their products and also do their utmost to deliver the best customer care they can. Their products are continually being improved and they do not sit on their laurels.

:drinking:

Offline keith

• Thank You
« Reply #53 on: March 25, 2009, 07:40:46 pm »
good to hear Robin.

back on thread for the GIAC :happy2:
I spoke with Regal today when ordering a heatshield and they advise that the GIAC upgrade to accomodate the HFFP is inuse Stateside but they are awaiting the U.K version to arrive soon. :drinking: on its arrival

Offline jamiekip

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #54 on: March 26, 2009, 12:07:21 pm »
Look forward to hearing about this one Keith..... about time GIAC got there stage 2+ software out!
TTRS Suzuka Grey

Offline dc240969

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #55 on: September 04, 2009, 03:27:58 pm »
Yup the software is here. lm getting mine flashed at the same time l get my milly tbe fitted around the 25th of Sep. So lets see if l get a bit more than 321bhp and 329ftlbs.

Offline Toast

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 3
  • Oot n By all the Keyboard Warriors
« Reply #56 on: September 04, 2009, 04:06:55 pm »
I'm going to get the Miltek downpipe put on tomorrow along with the fuel pump so I will ask Star my local Giac dealer about this map upgrade  :evilgrin: :evilgrin:
Editon 30, no-0472-, 1/4mile 13.6sec@Crail-Giac 348bhp,345lbsft,Milltek tbe,s3 Cooler,Helix single mass clutch kit,Eibach Coilovers,Bsh Cold Air Intake , Autotech HPFP,s3 brakes,Speedline Turini's,Xenons

Offline dc240969

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #57 on: September 04, 2009, 04:10:21 pm »
I'm going to get the Miltek downpipe put on tomorrow along with the fuel pump so I will ask Star my local Giac dealer about this map upgrade  :evilgrin: :evilgrin:

They happen to be mine as well. But as lm not home until next Wednesday and Jims away on holiday for 2 weeks on the 10th l will have to wait and get my S3 done when hes back

Offline Toast

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 3
  • Oot n By all the Keyboard Warriors
« Reply #58 on: September 04, 2009, 04:16:42 pm »
No the Downpipe is my own mate bought it from Jonny c on here and asked jim to fit it for me :happy2: He did say there was a system instock but it was marked for a customers s3 (yourS I pressume)  Never said who's the fuel pump was when I phoned he just said there was 1 instock so I bought it :smiley:
Editon 30, no-0472-, 1/4mile 13.6sec@Crail-Giac 348bhp,345lbsft,Milltek tbe,s3 Cooler,Helix single mass clutch kit,Eibach Coilovers,Bsh Cold Air Intake , Autotech HPFP,s3 brakes,Speedline Turini's,Xenons

Offline dc240969

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #59 on: September 04, 2009, 04:25:51 pm »
Yeah that would be mine, and lve got a deposit on it so he better not try selling in before hand cause  :fighting: