Make a donation

Author Topic: Beyonce at Glastonbury!  (Read 4049 times)

Offline JPC

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 93
  • -Receive: 111
Re: Beyonce at Glastonbury!
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2011, 12:47:42 pm »
haha! thats awesome rich!  :signLOL:

shame mr christie's voice seems lacking in that perfomance, but the band seems bang on ;)

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2011, 12:49:36 pm »
Beyonce is, and has been the worlds best entertainer for the last 5 years no question. No one can touch her level of singing and dancing at the same time. I am not a fan of her music, but i stayed up last night to watch it, even though i had been up since 3 in the morning and working outside in the heat for 14 hours.  :rolleye:
I thought her set started off a  bit to Vegas for me but after a few songs it got really good.
And dont forget, in bed with her and those legs you do exactly what she tells you.  :evilgrin:

Offline MAT ED30

• Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 82
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2011, 01:38:38 pm »
Don't get me wrong god she can sing but her music does nothing for me that's all. Played guitar in a few bands in the past myself but had to give it up  :sad1: just not enough time in the day

Mods yes but way too many to stick in this little box

Offline w8scc

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2011, 01:57:43 pm »
She was awesome but didnt half seem to go on after a while.. but she is a great performer.
Sig pic to big

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2011, 02:22:16 pm »
Gosh! Rich! Tony Christie? But what an experience in spite of him. Musically, each to their own  :happy2:

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline JPC

• Thank You
  • -Given: 93
  • -Receive: 111
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2011, 02:23:35 pm »
Beyonce is, and has been the worlds best entertainer for the last 5 years no question. No one can touch her level of singing and dancing at the same time. I am not a fan of her music, but i stayed up last night to watch it, even though i had been up since 3 in the morning and working outside in the heat for 14 hours.  :rolleye:
I thought her set started off a  bit to Vegas for me but after a few songs it got really good.
And dont forget, in bed with her and those legs you do exactly what she tells you.  :evilgrin:

the cat got it spot on there! ;)

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2011, 02:31:39 pm »
^^^^
I'm with TC on Beyonce... I don't like all her music but what I do like I love a lot. Great performer - She gives her heart and soul 100% and that's what it's about as far as I'm concerned - She touched my emotions even just through the telly and she got the audience genuinely joining in. She reminds me of Tina Turner on stage at times but Beyonce's ballads are better sung imo. She's one of the greats along with quite a few other black lady singers.

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline MAT ED30

• Thank You
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2011, 02:40:25 pm »
She is good but don't think she will ever be as great as Tina turner  :smiley: that women had a hard hard time and she came to life on stage as a means of escape form her wife beating husband  :fighting:

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2011, 02:50:22 pm »
Beyonce is different from Tina and I'm perhaps wrong to suggest one is better than the other. I'm sure that Beyonce is one of Tina's biggest fans. I first saw Tina when with Ike and then several more times after she managed to escape from his evil clutches, including front row twice. I wish I still had the photos I took (pre digital). But at least I do have all the memories.

Another great black female singer live and very underrated is Beverley Knight - Another heart n soul singer  :notworthy:

Offline tony_danza

• Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 112
  • The voice of objective reason, but mine's best.
« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2011, 02:54:38 pm »
With Glasto, even an act you don't like can have you mesmerised - it just catches the crowd the right way and the atmosphere carries it.  Still turned over for QOTSA though  :happy2:

U2 wanted kicking out, pious pricks.
Sideways yo!

Offline MAT ED30

• Thank You
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2011, 02:55:46 pm »
Qotsa rocked simple

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2011, 03:03:06 pm »

With Glasto, even an act you don't like can have you mesmerised - it just catches the crowd the right way and the atmosphere carries it.  Still turned over for QOTSA though  :happy2:

U2 wanted kicking out, pious pricks.

....I don't like Bono one little bit but I do like U2's music and Edge's guitar work.

Catching a festival crowd is exactly how my close co-producer/player mate got his success with Mungo Jerry "In The Summertime" many moons ago - They were a last minute substitute act and unknown band but it was a hot summer and hey presto! It was a complete surprise to them but they're not complaining.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 03:04:39 pm by RedRobin »

Offline Poppa Dom

• Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 40
« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2011, 03:07:52 pm »
Hmmm, so when is the forum band going to be gigging, sounds like there is an awful lot of untapped talent on here  :happy2: [Does not include me - I cannot sing to save my life, or play an instrument].

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 801
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=e13b6unbdsaf76ii3e6s7n2900&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #28 on: June 27, 2011, 03:40:37 pm »
Gosh! Rich! Tony Christie? But what an experience in spite of him. Musically, each to their own  :happy2:

Hes not on my itunes playlist either.  :signLOL:   But your right... it was a great experience.

Danza has made a very good point. I saw Tom Jones (i cant say i really like him) a few years ago at Glasto and enjoyed every minute of it. Its the vibe from being there, stood in a field in the middle of nowhere with 100,000 other people, with a pint of 7% cider in your hand
« Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 03:45:33 pm by richwig83 »

Saint Steve

« Reply #29 on: June 27, 2011, 03:46:37 pm »
 :notworthy: rich!!

Did a double take , didnt recognise you at 1st , hair was a tad shorter!!

I feel a forum Congo at the next j&h beer garden get together  :signLOL:
« Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 03:56:28 pm by Saint Steve »