Make a donation

Author Topic: Baby seats. . . .  (Read 10752 times)

Offline Tfsi_Mike

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 241
  • -Receive: 309
  • Go Large or Go Home
    • Tfsi Mikes Money Pit AKS / TTE / RTech St2+ Cupra
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,32721.msg402587.html#msg402587
Re: Baby seats. . . .
« Reply #30 on: July 28, 2011, 09:35:10 pm »

The Pebble keeps popping up as a possibility when looking at seats..  The iCandy looks good but for the price looks like it could be outgrown Vquickly  :confused:

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 78
« Reply #31 on: July 28, 2011, 09:51:53 pm »
The iCandy will last as long as your child wants to be in a pushchair...

Offline Tfsi_Mike

• Thank You
  • Go Large or Go Home
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,32721.msg402587.html#msg402587
« Reply #32 on: August 25, 2011, 10:29:09 am »

Ressurecting this a bit as it's one of this months purchases...

Does anyone use a car seat that doesn't attach to the pram?

The Maxi Cosi Pebble attaches to the Pram Im buying off TC but have seen other seats that dont have the right adapters...

Offline LouCyffer

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 63
« Reply #33 on: August 25, 2011, 10:34:53 am »
Having one that attaches means that when the little one is sleeping in the car (they do this lots), you don't have to heave them out into a pram, with the chance of earning their displeasure at being woken up for a lap of Sainsburys.

That's worth a lot!
Black 2008 5 door GTI. Leather, DSG, ipod prep, 18" Monzas. Retrofitted: Cruise, PDC, RNS510, 729 Skoda Bluetooth (thanks SteveP), MFSW buttons (thanks MortyGTTDi), Armrest & vents, covered cupholder, Highline (thanks Kalu), Polar FIS+ (thanks Richn), Reversing camera (thanks MortyGTTDi)

Offline Johnny_tro

• Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 12
« Reply #34 on: August 25, 2011, 10:35:16 am »
Little random, an do apologise.....is it true that a car seat CAN NOT be re-used after an accident?
'VANDALISED' MK5 GT :( - RNS510 H, Bluetooth Armrest, MDI, 50gb hard drive, I can't park  sensors, Cruise Control, Highline Display, MFSW, Heated Seats, Remote Aux Heating System (Heats and Vents) Winter Pack, Heated & Folding Mirrors, Puddle Lights, Xenons, Headlamp Washers, Heated Washers, Auto lights and wipers, LED's, GTI brakes,, black R32 roof lining, Scirocco Rear View, Rear Footwell Lights

Offline Tfsi_Mike

• Thank You
  • Go Large or Go Home
« Reply #35 on: August 25, 2011, 10:37:04 am »
Having one that attaches means that when the little one is sleeping in the car (they do this lots), you don't have to heave them out into a pram, with the chance of earning their displeasure at being woken up for a lap of Sainsburys.

That's worth a lot!

Keep thinking that....

Although most baby seats go straight onto the trolleys dont they.  But it would still be the case everywhere else, not having to wake him is a definate bonus...

Offline LouCyffer

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #36 on: August 25, 2011, 10:43:02 am »
For the sake of a few quid, it's a real advantage if you're out shopping, mate. I personally wouldn't consider a seat that didn't link to the pram. Swapping the tot over when it's chucking it down & blowing one ain't funny. Lifting them out, 'click' and go is sooo much better. They do mount to trolleys, but not as securely as you'd like, sometimes.
Black 2008 5 door GTI. Leather, DSG, ipod prep, 18" Monzas. Retrofitted: Cruise, PDC, RNS510, 729 Skoda Bluetooth (thanks SteveP), MFSW buttons (thanks MortyGTTDi), Armrest & vents, covered cupholder, Highline (thanks Kalu), Polar FIS+ (thanks Richn), Reversing camera (thanks MortyGTTDi)

Offline neg

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 7
  • gone old skool
« Reply #37 on: August 25, 2011, 10:46:58 am »
We use a maxicosi cabriofix on a base in the cars - which when small are a life saver, then attaches to the bugaboo with some adapters.

Offline Tfsi_Mike

• Thank You
  • Go Large or Go Home
« Reply #38 on: August 25, 2011, 10:47:22 am »
Yes, reality check.  Stop being a big kid Mike

I Just like the Black and Red, Recaro Young Profi Plus.

Going to be realistic and practical, not see the seat as a flippin accessory and get the Maxi Cosi Pebble lol

Can just get the Young Sport or Monza Seat Fix when he's older  :happy2:

Thanks  :drinking:

Offline LouCyffer

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #39 on: August 25, 2011, 11:05:07 am »
Mike, regards the candy, don't forget you get a push chair seat attachment too. They won't outgrow it until long after they're walking. But they are quite expensive for what they are. Budget for 2 'slime' inner tubes from your local bike shop too. You'll be amazed at how many punctures you'll get without them. Which idiot decided they need pneumatic & not solid tyres I'll never know. If you do get one, don't waste your time with the 'off road' jogger wheel that makes it into a tri wheel chassis; not worth the £50 & hassle. Put it this way, there's a hardly used one in my garage you can have :grin:

Seat wise, IMHO you need Isofix base, and adaptor to link the seat to pram chassis.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 11:20:51 am by LouCyffer »

Offline Tfsi_Mike

• Thank You
  • Go Large or Go Home
« Reply #40 on: August 25, 2011, 11:23:27 am »

We've opted for a mother care SPIN.  Going to get the maxi cosi pebble and adapters

Looked at and liked the apple, thought the carry cot was rather small for the money though

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 78
« Reply #41 on: August 25, 2011, 11:24:05 am »
Little random, an do apologise.....is it true that a car seat CAN NOT be re-used after an accident?

Is that question for real?

Offline LouCyffer

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #42 on: August 25, 2011, 11:26:58 am »
We found it fine for the first few months. He grew out of the Moses basket before the carry cot; it's deceptive. Good call on the M/care one, though. Check tyres as I mentioned, it's worse than a car tyre going when you have a pram flattie! Solids are the way to go.

Would you use a bike helmet again after you'd landed on your head?

Offline LouCyffer

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #43 on: August 25, 2011, 11:31:07 am »

Impact absorbent materials are designed to deform & take some of the force. Like squashing a piece of expanded polystyrene. These materials don't regain their original shape, and therefore will be compressed, denser and unable to absorb further forces. Cycle helmet, motorbike lid, car seat, it's all the same: replace them after any significant knock.

Offline DaveB@Vagbremtechnic

• Trader - 2014
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 130
    • Vagbremtechnic.com
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: August 25, 2011, 03:27:45 pm »

The Maxi Cosi is also lifed for 5 years, sunlight affects the plastics.

+1 for the car seat that attaches to your pram - essential, dont think the pebble does from newborn?