Make a donation

Author Topic: Amy Winehouse found dead  (Read 12291 times)

Offline tommy_a

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
Re: Amy Winehouse found dead
« Reply #30 on: July 24, 2011, 09:56:08 am »
She was a junkie. Nothing more nothing less! And her music sucked ass aswell! When I heard shed died it wasnt a shock in the slightest! The only thing I'm surprised about is that it took her till now to kill herself!

Like has been said, I feel for her family and close friends as they are the ones who will he suffering now!
R32

Offline rich83

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 802
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=ciu5fmfvhoq53fu330gn89d8t2&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #31 on: July 24, 2011, 10:04:28 am »
She was a junkie. Nothing more nothing less! And her music sucked ass aswell! When I heard shed died it wasnt a shock in the slightest! The only thing I'm surprised about is that it took her till now to kill herself!

Like has been said, I feel for her family and close friends as they are the ones who will he suffering now!

Thats a very polarised opinion. Was Jimmy Hendrix just a junkie? Was James Taylor just a junkie? Was Chet Baker just a junkie? Are you saying that everyone who does drug is a junkie?

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 78
« Reply #32 on: July 24, 2011, 10:14:39 am »
I'm the same for people who commit suicide.  Just selfish self centred people.

That just shows a total misunderstanding of mental health issues - which isn't uncommon. People just don't understand what mental illnesses are. Sure they're both illnesses but clinical depression isn't the same as addiction, though I think they both deserve compassion and empathy. The difference is that drug addiction deserves compassion up to a point, and Whitehoue had gone far beyond that point.

Did you watch Losing It with Ruby Wax?
« Last Edit: July 24, 2011, 02:45:00 pm by andrewparker »

Offline tommy_a

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: July 24, 2011, 10:21:43 am »

Thats a very polarised opinion. Was Jimmy Hendrix just a junkie? Was James Taylor just a junkie? Was Chet Baker just a junkie? Are you saying that everyone who does drug is a junkie?

No, not everyone who takes drugs is a junkie! Thats not what I said! She however was a junkie! And if you can say differently then your lying! In the last few years I can't remember a time when she was in the press not drunk/off her face!

I'm not going to argue! She was just a waste of space! Just my opinion of course!
R32

Offline Scousus maximus

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 4
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: July 24, 2011, 10:46:41 am »
I agree completely, however if you choose that lifestyle it's inevitable isn't it, she will get more coverage than the next British Soldier/Policeman/Fireman that dies in the line of duty, which is tragic.

Totally agree.Our lads and girls just aren't as newsworthy as so called "celebrities" and yet, in my opinion, they're far more worthy of greater respect and recognition.

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 802
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=ciu5fmfvhoq53fu330gn89d8t2&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #35 on: July 24, 2011, 10:50:37 am »
I don't think anyone with talent who has died due to drug abuse can be labeled as just a junkie. My favorite musician of all time threw himself out of a hotel window in Amsterdam smacked up to the eye balls.... He was far from just a junkie.  

:drinking:

Offline ub7rm

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 35
  • -Receive: 43
« Reply #36 on: July 24, 2011, 11:10:36 am »
Musically talented or otherwise does not negate the fact that she, and others before her, were just junkies.  Every human has a talent of some description that sets them apart whether its admired by the wider public or not and whether that person ever gets the chance to realise that talent and make something of it.  Talent is not unique or an excuse! 

She had that chance and made very little of it.  Worse than that she's perpetuated the notion that drug / alcohol abuse is part of the acceptable rock and roll lifestyle to many a youngster.  Hopefully her death will serve as a good example of why not to follow that lifestyle.
Sepang Blue S4 BE Avant

Offline MJR

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 3
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: July 24, 2011, 11:51:51 am »
Never liked her from the start & still don't like her now even though she's dead.

She was a waster & a shocking image to the younger generation nowadays.

Not being nasty but she was a junkie plain & simple, I don't see how people are shocked by her death lol was only a matter of time.

Not gonna change my life in any way + it gives the media a story for the next few days, so its pathetic - WHO CARES!
Bye Bye VW Candy White Golf GTi  :'-(  (sadly missed!)
Bye Bye Ford Fiesta TDCi Zetec! (piece of s**t!) lol
Hello Honda Accord GT Tourer! schaweet!

Offline vRS Carl

• Thank You
  • -Given: 282
  • -Receive: 240
  • I'm the F.A.G (Forum Apple Guru)
« Reply #38 on: July 24, 2011, 03:24:29 pm »
Dunno Sy but i have just been in my Local Threshers and the Winehouse section is closed!

Apparently George Best and Alex Higgins are over the moon as well. They have heard that a Winehouse has arrived in heaven :evilgrin:

Offline MarkMarked

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 4
« Reply #39 on: July 24, 2011, 06:36:53 pm »
I have a complete zero tolerance policy to anyone ........who commit suicide.  Just selfish self centred people. 

So its OK to be selfish and force your loved ones to care fo you no matter how poor your state of health is  :fighting:

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #40 on: July 24, 2011, 06:41:55 pm »
Yes it is, and that's from a personal family experience of my uncle committing suicide many years ago, luckily my two cousins survived :fighting2: thats enough on that topic.

Offline the bruce

• Thank You
  • -Given: 322
  • -Receive: 100
    • my GTI
« Reply #41 on: July 24, 2011, 06:48:00 pm »
Not gonna change my life in any way + it gives the media a story for the next few days, so its pathetic - WHO CARES!

I care.  :wink:

Not ignoring the fact she was a ''junkie'' but for me she was the most remarkable female singer
of the past decade.
So her death imho is a huge loss for music. I regarded the new James Bond theme from her.
I guess it would have been great.

"You get what you pay for."

Offline sam

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 3
    • Calibre Connections LLP
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: July 24, 2011, 10:07:42 pm »
I'm the same for people who commit suicide.  Just selfish self centred people.

That just shows a total misunderstanding of mental health issues - which isn't uncommon. People just don't understand what mental illnesses are. Sure they're both illnesses but clinical depression isn't the same as addiction, though I think they both deserve compassion and empathy. The difference is that drug addiction deserves compassion up to a point, and Whitehoue had gone far beyond that point.

Did you watch Losing It with Ruby Wax?
:congrats: Thank You!

Offline Sunglasses Ron

• Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 15
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: July 24, 2011, 10:13:28 pm »
I echo most people's comments tbh.. She was a 'has been' and nothing more and lived of that for the last 5 or so years.. If she had turned things around and made a come back then I would of given her respect. Instead, she has a sell out tour and can't even bring herself to stay in a fit state of mind for a couple of hours to entertain the 1000's of fans that had payed good money to see her perform..  :fighting:

I just hope that Doherty follows suit sooner rather than later..  :fighting:

Offline MR02LOW

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 14
    • Ironkilla Gym Apparel
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,9122.0.html
« Reply #44 on: July 25, 2011, 07:53:36 am »
^^