Make a donation

Author Topic: For sale/wanted/offers  (Read 8108 times)

Offline SteveP

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 117
  • -Receive: 340
    • My Project
Re: For sale/wanted/offers
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2009, 08:18:50 pm »
and the award for the most random off topic post of the day goes to..........

VC  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Offline VC

• Thank You
  • -Given: 80
  • -Receive: 93
    • Very Cherry Stickers and Decals
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2009, 09:56:27 pm »
 :jumpmove: woohoo!

haha

Offline Moschops

• Thank You
  • -Given: 118
  • -Receive: 23
  • Edition 30 No 2275
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2009, 10:26:34 pm »
and the award for the most random off topic post of the day goes to..........

VC  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Why am I not surprised... :signLOL:
Cheers,

Wayne

Offline Greeners

• Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2009, 07:55:44 pm »
That'll be every day then..........  :laugh:

Offline SteveS

• Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 10
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2009, 12:01:38 pm »
wel this went offtopic! lol... all items for sale should HAVE to have a picture of the exact item, not one from google images!

SOLD!! :(
VW GTI Edition 30 No. 0551
Revo Stage2+ (LT) | Evoms Intake, K&N Filter | VWR LSD | Milltek R32 TBE | VWR Engine Mounts | VWR Big Front & S3 Rear Brakes | VWR Springs |  VWR Shortshift | SuperPro Bushes |  Recaro Seats

Offline VC

• Thank You
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2009, 12:03:13 am »
^^ thats poor show  :mad:

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2009, 12:55:52 pm »

Yes, it's very easy to think you know someone just from chatting on a forum. I only trust those I've either met (and formed my own judgement) or have got more detailed info about. I won't buy anything from fleaBay - Absolutely nothing! I don't care how cheap it is or what a good deal it's claimed to be or is.

If a seller can't be bothered to post a pic or detailed info, then that reflects a sloppy and uncaring attitude. [mentioning no names!]

Also, when an item is sold, it should be a rule that the seller bothers to modify his/her original topic title with the word "SOLD" in front. Jonnyc does this and is a glowing example of how sales should be conducted.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2009, 12:59:27 pm by RedRobin »

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

matt a

« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2009, 05:44:43 pm »
Please Please Please can we get the sale section sorted!? Surely if something is for sale it has a price? If people want to use "offers" can it be "offers over".

What tends to happen is sellers put offers, then potential buyers make genuine offers (whether too high or too low), and then are given a hard time by other members, who automatically assume they are evil doers trying to make money off the community.

If a member does not post a price in a sale thread, can a mod request the seller has a price? At least that way people can either choose to buy or not, and we don't have to all go through the "guess the price in my head game"

Thanks  :happy2:

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2009, 06:04:53 pm »
^^^^
I agree!

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline SteveP

• Thank You
    • My Project
« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2009, 08:18:49 pm »
Ok, I need to go into a huddle with the other mods to agree our way forward for the For Sale section as it is the single big reason for compliant on the site.

While this is underway I have temporarily locked the For Sale from new posts. Existing For Sales posts can be replied too.

If anyone has any more suggestions on the way this area of the site should work please let let us know.

Thanks

SteveP :happy2:

Offline VC

• Thank You
« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2009, 08:21:22 pm »
did i do wrong inviting offers on my sale then? wasn't my intention if that's the case, hopefully it's explained well enough on my thread why there wasn't a price

apologies if so, no harm meant  :innocent:

Offline SteveP

• Thank You
    • My Project
« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2009, 08:23:38 pm »
did i do wrong inviting offers on my sale then? wasn't my intention if that's the case, hopefully it's explained well enough on my thread why there wasn't a price

apologies if so, no harm meant  :innocent:

IMHO, offers is OK but a lot of people have complained about gazumping so we are trying to find a happy medium here  :happy2:

So please don't take this as being directed at you VC  :grouphug:

Offline VC

• Thank You
« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2009, 08:26:22 pm »
oh no don't worry i don't  :happy2: i don't bruise like that  :wink:

but was worried i had fluffed things up then

matt a

« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2009, 08:38:51 pm »
Yeah I didn't flag this up due to your thread alone VC, nor do I want to come across as some moaner. It really is odd though, I haven't experienced it on any other forum.

Nor do I have a problem with offers, but I think you need to have some kind of guide, as said: offers over etc etc

Ifti

« Reply #29 on: April 27, 2009, 09:34:33 am »
The selling section in any forum needs its own rules. In my view, only people how have established themselves in the forum a little should be able to sell in the selling forum. Although all buyers purchase at their own risk, buying from a 'regular poster' does help the potential buyer a slight degree as they will be purchasing from a more trustworthy source.

Although the forum administrators can never guarantee a seller to be 100% genuine (hence why buyers purchase at their own risk), there are some rules that can be put into place in order to help the buyers a little further.

Here are the rules I think the forum should implement for the selling/buying/trading section.......

Please prefix the title of your thread with the following tags:
FS - For Sale
FT - For Trade
WTB - Want to Buy
Price Check - Price Check

1. In order to create a thread in the selling section the user must have a post count of 30 or above, AND have been an active member on the forum for at least 10 days.
(If you have to have a certain post count, peopel are more likely to contribute on the forum, rather then just join to sell a piece of kit and dissappear. However, you need to be careful since some people will join, and spam to get their post count up. Hence by saying the user needs to have 30 posts, AND be a registered user for 10 days, it gives the user some time to generate some quality posts. If the seller is genuine and trustworthy, he/she is likely to stick around and make some quality posts, and any potential buyers will be able to judge for themselves where to go ahead with a sale....)

* * Rules * *

Below are the rules for this forum. Please follow them, as they will be enforced strictly. Any posts seen to be unfit will be edited or deleted, and any infractions given as needed.

1) No sale lowballing. If you think someones price is too high or you want to make a lower offer, PM or e-mail them. There is nothing worse than if you are trying to sell something and someone says that price is too high. That scares off other prospective buyers. On our forums, a lowball is officially defined as an offer less than 75% of the asking price. Buyers offering less than 75% is perfectly fine, but please ask using the PM system.

2) Update your thread when your item(s) gets sold or are no longer available for sale. Report the thread or contact a moderator if you want the thread closed.

3) You MUST post a price in for ALL FS (For Sale) deals.

4) You cannot sell something you do not have in your immediate possession. You must provide pictures of it to show the condition and demonstrate it is in your possession (ie: picture of laptop with your forum username also in the picture, or a picture of the forum's website on your laptop's screen showing you logged in, or a piece of paper with your username on next to the item, etc).

5) Be courteous and professional when buying or selling, and please use commonsense.

6) List the payment methods accepted (IE. Paypal CC or non-CC, Money order, Check, COD)

7) Do not just post external links to eBay or another forum. Add all relevant information to your thread and you can link to eBay as long as previous rules are met.

8 ) You cannot include such things as +3% to cover Paypal fees. It is against the Paypal Terms and Conditions.

9) If you have sold items on eBay/Heat, post a link to your screen-name so users can verify your previous history of selling/trading/buying. If you have sold items previously on this forum, you may also post user names of those may act as references. If you claim to have eBay feedback, you MUST post a link to the feedback. Saying to PM for a user name is NOT acceptable.

10) You cannot ask for donations (and/or other freebies).

11) Absolutely no jokes in the selling forum. Transactions are serious and people will get irritated by jokes involving monetary loss.

12) Forum Staff and Moderators reserve the right to block any sellers who repeatedly fail to follow these rules. We have a zero-tolerance policy against sellers who market stolen or pirated goods, and those selling said goods may find themselves blocked upon their first offense. If it isn't legal, don't post it for sale...and please ask a moderator beforehand if you have any questions about your item or the legality of selling it.

13) If your post does not conform to these rules, forum staff and moderators reserve the rights to delete any of your listings without notice.

Mk5GolfGTI.co.uk is not responsible for any transactions: this is not eBay. All sales and transactions are done at buyers and sellers discretion and all risks are assumed by those parties only. Admins cannot help to resolve any disputes.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2009, 09:41:30 am by Ifti »