Make a donation

Author Topic: RNS315 how many people have one of these installed?  (Read 1637 times)

Offline Richn83

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 49
  • -Receive: 85
RNS315 how many people have one of these installed?
« on: July 25, 2011, 04:03:46 pm »
Just interested to find out how many people have RNS315 in there car.  As I have heard something interesting regarding getting OEM bluetooth working on them without any additional hardware beyond a microfone and a box to activate it.

5Dr Black GTI, DSG, Leather, Xenons. Retrofitted - Cruise, RNS 510, MFSW, Armrest, Skoda BT, 6cd changer, Monza II's, VW speaker upgrade kit, Lux pack, High-line, new CAN gateway, Polar FIS info display, R32 tinted rear lights, RVC

To Come...NQSBBK, highline CCM.

Offline damoegan

• Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 33
    • Email
Re: RNS315 how many people have one of these installed?
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2011, 06:22:13 pm »
You on SCN, Rich?

The RNS315 seams to be coming out in the newer SEAT's..

Offline Richn83

• Thank You
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2011, 07:46:53 pm »
Not ventured over there but thats what I thought I had seen and New polo's apparently it has all the bluetooth hardware inside but just needs to be enabled.  and add the mic loom.  And the guys I get the FIS+ units off are about to bring out a box to do it. could be a good unit if its not too pricey.

5Dr Black GTI, DSG, Leather, Xenons. Retrofitted - Cruise, RNS 510, MFSW, Armrest, Skoda BT, 6cd changer, Monza II's, VW speaker upgrade kit, Lux pack, High-line, new CAN gateway, Polar FIS info display, R32 tinted rear lights, RVC

Offline damoegan

• Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 33
    • Email

Offline neg

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 7
  • gone old skool
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2011, 10:18:54 pm »
I have the RNS315 in our Leon - its a good system, BT does work and I understand it is built into the unit - the difference between the RNS310.

Map data is sh*te though, 5digit post code - waiting for an update on it.

Offline Richn83

• Thank You
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2011, 10:21:23 pm »
Was the bluetooth an option that you paid for neg?  Or did your car just have the technology pack and so had the Nav and bluetooth from factory?

Offline neg

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 7
  • gone old skool
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2011, 10:36:20 pm »
Tech pack -  so BT was included but from the information I have seen it is not a seperate unit anymore.

The 315 also has DAB

Offline Richn83

• Thank You
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2011, 11:07:12 pm »
So it seems that they have the hardware but it isnt always enabled, it can be unlocked with a special box like video in motion so not all 315 will have BT working.