Make a donation

Author Topic: Sy's vRS APR/LOBA Hybrid - Now replaced with a proper car!  (Read 145527 times)

Offline gazbutS3

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 55
    • Email
Re: Mk2 Fabia vRS : Its APR time!!!!!!!
« Reply #345 on: September 07, 2012, 10:58:22 pm »
and you Mr Hurditch you should look at the 22nd at Anglesey its a bargain at a great track  :happy2:

Offline Hurdy

• Thank You
  • -Receive: 137
« Reply #346 on: September 07, 2012, 11:53:59 pm »
and you Mr Hurditch you should look at the 22nd at Anglesey its a bargain at a great track  :happy2:

On 9hr nights that weekend :sad1:
Golf R gone.

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #347 on: September 08, 2012, 07:29:02 am »
Don't forget you'll have the stickier rubber of the Federal 595RS-R's for Blyton too Sy. :happy2:

its already running the federals on my stock rims. theyre still like new with less than 1k on thdm

lookin good Sy, Anglesey 22nd ???
Back to Afghanistan a few days before that mate

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
Re: Mk2 Fabia vRS APR/LOBA Hybrid
« Reply #348 on: September 10, 2012, 11:23:40 pm »
Awesome day at Silverstone today.  

Car is running

APR stage 3 test beta file 251Hp/270lbft (1.5Bar-1.1Bar@ redline)  Still have the misfire issue on high boost so cant raise the boost until thats solved)
LOBA turbo
VWR Intake
Pace IC/Rad
VWR Downpipe
Superpro bushes
VWR Springs
Tarox 6 pot BBK
TD1.2s

And it was pretty impressive on the track all day.  The brakes are nothing short of sublime.  My avourite mod on the car now by a long shot.  The power, i think surprised alot of people and we were pretty much shifting no later than 6000rpm the whole day to limit the possibility of the high rpm misfire rearing its head and ruining the day, but the highlight of the day for me was watching peoples faces as a white 1400cc Fabia piloted by Jonny Cocker flew around the circuit bullying 911s drivers out of the way.  One was trying so hard to not be overtaken by us, that he completely lost it and ended up in the run off  :driver:.

ARBs, Coilovers and trhis car will be pretty impressive i think.  After todays escapades, i dont think i could bring myself to sell it.

Awesome track, and very hard to get right, i dont think i managed a single lap with out messing up at least two corners, which was really frustrating, you mess up one corner then your completely off line for the next two!!.  Plus with loads of run off, its perfect for taking a brave pill when you have a clear area, of which I had a few excursions into the run off areas  :driver:  Mike has some video of me during one such excursion lol.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 11:33:41 pm by Janner_Sy »

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
« Reply #349 on: September 10, 2012, 11:31:58 pm »

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 802
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=9j2u8q5pfbq61gtaqkpvh0ofo6&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #350 on: September 10, 2012, 11:42:53 pm »
I wonder what is causing the missfire? What plugs are you using?

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
« Reply #351 on: September 10, 2012, 11:47:20 pm »
So far they have tried Stock Plugs, A1 TFSI Plugs, BKR7EiX, BKR8EiX and BKR9EiX plugs, various brands of coil packs and now im running the OKADA coilpacks.  Its only there when the boost is turned up, so is limiting the potential output.  This turbo can take 1.8Bar of boost at the redline, were running 1.1Bar so are not even close to running this turbo at its maximum.

Offline Hurdy

• Thank You
  • -Receive: 137
« Reply #352 on: September 11, 2012, 12:15:39 am »
Glad you enjoyed the day Sy :happy2:

I knew you'd love the brakes. :driver:

Your Fabia is a fast car now. God only knows what it will be like when you can turn the wick up to full! :party:
Golf R gone.

Offline DaveB@Vagbremtechnic

• Trader - 2014
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 130
    • Vagbremtechnic.com
    • Email
« Reply #353 on: September 11, 2012, 06:19:36 am »
I was flying a GP2 team owner last week and he'd heard of Jonny don't know what the French translation was but my copilot sort of thought he said "Yeh, that boy can pedal!" he's been doing very well with the 458 in the GT series this year.

So not surprised he pissed off a few porsche owners, that's Jonnys reason d'ĂȘtre in life!

Should ave got him to sign the front wing, be worth a fortune if he makes it major league next year!

Offline Tfsi_Mike

• Thank You
  • -Given: 241
  • -Receive: 309
  • Go Large or Go Home
    • Tfsi Mikes Money Pit AKS / TTE / RTech St2+ Cupra
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,32721.msg402587.html#msg402587
« Reply #354 on: September 11, 2012, 07:01:58 am »

Thoroughly enjoyed the outing with Jonny in the Vw cup car  :driver:  unfortunately both cup cars broke before me and Sy got a drive. They'd had a long weekend racing at Silverstone.

The Fabia went really really well, if it was on the ASTs (and Sy stayed on the track  :P) It would have been even better!  The Porsche drivers were frustrated haha.

Couple of, not brilliant videos here Sy http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,53465.msg606488.html#msg606488

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
« Reply #355 on: September 11, 2012, 08:16:56 am »
Shame i had those two limp modes in that last video with the red porsche.  strange why that happened. not a single issue all day until the last two laps.  prob lucky as the porsche driver didnt like us

Offline SteveP

• Thank You
  • -Given: 117
  • -Receive: 340
    • My Project
« Reply #356 on: September 11, 2012, 08:19:17 am »
Glad you had a good day, shame I couldn't get out of work.

Saw you in the queue of traffic on the A43 a few miles out of Silverstone with the tow hook and numbers still on the car  :signLOL:

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
« Reply #357 on: September 11, 2012, 08:31:57 am »
Whats that corner where the ginetta almost went off(think it might be priory)? I reckon that was one of the few times that i actually got that corner right

Kept turning into it way too early which messes me up in the next corner big style.

Great circuit.  :driver:
« Last Edit: September 11, 2012, 09:09:00 am by Janner_Sy »

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
« Reply #358 on: September 11, 2012, 08:34:43 am »
Glad you had a good day, shame I couldn't get out of work.

Saw you in the queue of traffic on the A43 a few miles out of Silverstone with the tow hook and numbers still on the car  :signLOL:

forgot they were there lol.  We literally drove off the track and straight out of the paddock lol.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2012, 09:02:23 am by Janner_Sy »

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
« Reply #359 on: September 11, 2012, 09:30:42 am »
I was flying a GP2 team owner last week and he'd heard of Jonny don't know what the French translation was but my copilot sort of thought he said "Yeh, that boy can pedal!" he's been doing very well with the 458 in the GT series this year.

So not surprised he pissed off a few porsche owners, that's Jonnys reason d'ĂȘtre in life!

Should ave got him to sign the front wing, be worth a fortune if he makes it major league next year!

It was funny as hell.  No room for signatures on the wing, its covered in rubber marks from the bits of tyre that were flying around the track off the other cars.

Dave, do you have any pads available for this Tarox 6 pot kit?