Make a donation

Author Topic: Mav's Red Ed30 - More interior goodies - 28/10/11  (Read 13377 times)

Offline MaverickFSI

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 2
  • Tornado Red Ed30 DSG
    • Email
Re: Mav's Red Ed30 - More interior goodies - 28/10/11
« Reply #45 on: October 29, 2011, 05:10:25 pm »
Gave the car a bloomin' good clean today as the weather was ideal.

- Cleaned & sealed the wheels
- Polished the tail pipes
- Polished glass and lights
- Dodo Juice red mist detailer for the body work, comes up really well.

Great balls of fire!

Retro Dubs on the go;

'91 Corrado 20vT - Project still going... and going...

Offline Tamiyoman

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 39
  • Prev car - Candy DSG ED30 No. 2235
    • Email
« Reply #46 on: October 29, 2011, 08:19:19 pm »
NIce job on the side skirt, i have one of mine where paint has peeled off and gone flay where it looks like it has been stone chipped to death, maybe i should ask them about that when im down there getting my half a key i need now.

Well I had cruise control fitted today and some other coding work done by him at same time (Full review on VAg Com arear), well happy with what he did for me and the price more so  :happy2:

Will be going back next year as i do like th rear reversing camera!.

I know what you mean about the switches, its i suppose you pays your money you take your chance, but i ship stuff regularly to USA and likewise have packages shipped from USA to me about once per week so sending them back is nt  really an issue as i can put them in with other packages and get them forwarded back  :happy2:

I usually get tyres from my mate who works for a tyre place and he generally get sme pretty good deals, I only ever buy Toyo Proxes T1 as i been using them happily for last 5 years and like the feel of them, they good in wet, not too noisy and they are only around £200 for a pair including next day courier, if he can beat £200 for a pair shipped to me then no worries i will gladly take a pair in next couple of weeks lol.

Yeah im so looking forward to getting the splitter painted as its the only thing letting the car down now (Aprt from the 2 kerbed alloys, thanks previosu owner lol).

« Last Edit: October 29, 2011, 08:20:55 pm by Tamiyoman »
MK7 Golf R, Pure White 3Dr DSG, Had since 10/06/14

Offline MaverickFSI

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • Tornado Red Ed30 DSG
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: October 30, 2011, 01:48:06 am »
I'm planning to have cruise fitted in a couple of weeks, I've been quoted £90 fully fitted inc. parts. How much was yours, if you don't mind me asking?

Saving the pennies for an RNS510 now.... Yay!

Must be getting excited about having the car on the road soon?
Great balls of fire!

Retro Dubs on the go;

Offline Simpy

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
    • Email
« Reply #48 on: October 30, 2011, 08:55:49 pm »
I'm planning to have cruise fitted in a couple of weeks, I've been quoted £90 fully fitted inc. parts. How much was yours, if you don't mind me asking?

Cheap that I thought I did well getting my stalk off eBay for £60 and costing £50 to fit. :confused:

Offline MaverickFSI

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • Tornado Red Ed30 DSG
    • Email
« Reply #49 on: October 31, 2011, 01:53:08 am »

Cheap that I thought I did well getting my stalk off eBay for £60 and costing £50 to fit. :confused:

Yeah, there's a chap on eBay who offers retro fit on just about anything for modern VAG cars, luckily for me he's based in Gt. Yarmouth, which is about 20 miles from me.
Great balls of fire!

Retro Dubs on the go;

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #50 on: November 01, 2011, 08:19:34 am »
Hey Pete, You going to see Eddie in Gorleston on sea then?, he did mine for me, Nice chap and knows his stuff, would recommend him to anyone/everyone, same price i paid, but i paid a little extra as he coded me a new remote too  :happy2:

He also did some coding work for me, fixed my headlamp washers (fuse and airlocked), turned off seatbelt beeper, activated DVD in motion, adjusted footwell lights and various other bits, he will aslo let you know what yu can add to your car easily and what its set up for, apparantely i could add folding mirrors and the switch and they would work straight off as already set up for them.
Ask to see his reversing camera (For when you have your RNS fitted), its something im going back for whwn funds allow lol.

Offline MaverickFSI

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • Tornado Red Ed30 DSG
    • Email
« Reply #51 on: November 02, 2011, 03:55:04 am »
Hey Pete, You going to see Eddie in Gorleston on sea then?, he did mine for me, Nice chap and knows his stuff, would recommend him to anyone/everyone, same price i paid, but i paid a little extra as he coded me a new remote too  :happy2:

He also did some coding work for me, fixed my headlamp washers (fuse and airlocked), turned off seatbelt beeper, activated DVD in motion, adjusted footwell lights and various other bits, he will aslo let you know what yu can add to your car easily and what its set up for, apparantely i could add folding mirrors and the switch and they would work straight off as already set up for them.
Ask to see his reversing camera (For when you have your RNS fitted), its something im going back for whwn funds allow lol.

Yeah I'm pretty sure that's his name. Sounds like you got good service there. When I arrange cruise fitting I'll have a good chat with him regarding options etc. Yeah defo look into rear camera once RNS510 is fitted. The elec folding mirrors is a nice touch, got them on mine.

How's the splitter coming along, been painted yet?
Great balls of fire!

Retro Dubs on the go;

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #52 on: November 02, 2011, 04:14:16 pm »
Yup thoroughly nice bloke and knows his stuff!.

Not got front splitter painted yet im afraid, had to Tax Car  last week (£245) and order 2 new tyres for front via my mate (Arrived today, currently in my garage, will get them fitted when i burned these ones down to limiters lol).

I Will get it booked in as soon as i have my Mk4 1.8T sold, then funds will be easier  :wink:

After that im looking at Stage 1, getting the itch already (after 2 weeks  :laugh:, saying that my MK4 got done after 4 days so im doing well thus far  :ashamed:)

Offline MaverickFSI

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • Tornado Red Ed30 DSG
    • Email
« Reply #53 on: November 03, 2011, 04:03:12 am »
Yup thoroughly nice bloke and knows his stuff!.

Not got front splitter painted yet im afraid, had to Tax Car  last week (£245) and order 2 new tyres for front via my mate (Arrived today, currently in my garage, will get them fitted when i burned these ones down to limiters lol).

I Will get it booked in as soon as i have my Mk4 1.8T sold, then funds will be easier  :wink:

After that im looking at Stage 1, getting the itch already (after 2 weeks  :laugh:, saying that my MK4 got done after 4 days so im doing well thus far  :ashamed:)

Yeah expensive running costs but well worth it.

Not sold it yet? You put it on Pistonheads?

Stage 1 does sound tempting and I bet is amazing however tyre replacement will come round quicker ;)

My plan is to steadily spec the car up, all the toys and then see about tuning, might only go induction & exhaust but we'll see.
Great balls of fire!

Retro Dubs on the go;

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #54 on: November 03, 2011, 08:39:01 am »
No, not sold it yet, i tried putting it on Pistonheads, filled in all the info, placed the advert and awaiting my confirmation email so i can pay, that was 8 days back now!.

Offline paul896

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #55 on: November 03, 2011, 11:34:32 am »
Stunning car!

Thanks for the eBay link, ordered the GTI seat inserts as well :D