Make a donation

Author Topic: Exhaust help  (Read 1150 times)

Offline DJM

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 28
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
Exhaust help
« on: July 28, 2011, 07:25:03 pm »
Hi

Just after some advice, was looking at getting a decat and downpipe for my mk5 gti, just wondering who has it fitted, firstly is there any issues with decat once mapped the sensor out obviously, secondly is to loud?

Im just after a subtle difference normal driving so cant really hear it but then a nice tone on boost.

Seen that magnex do a set up for about £350 which doesnt seem to bad.

Offline bacillus

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 451
Re: Exhaust help
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2011, 10:17:47 pm »
A decat should work fine with a stage 2 and above map i.e. no dashboard engine warning light but do bear in mind that you won't pass a mot with it on.
Without traction power is nothing!

Offline vRS_Pagey

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 66
  • -Receive: 59
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2011, 09:59:59 pm »
It will be louder when you bury the throttle, but under normal driving conditions there isn't much difference.  If its just the dp your after, you can get a blueflame from DPM for around £230 delivered.  Alternatively PM Nigel from BCS for a quote.

His: MK2 Black Magic Skoda Octavia vRS Estate
Hers: MK5 Graphite Blue Pearl VW Golf GT140 -

http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,32783.0.html

Offline jakeyED30

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2011, 10:12:12 pm »
What ever you do don't get a powerflow!!!!! Had one fitted today on my ed30 being a cheap skate to see how it would sound until I get my full milltek  :sick:

Big mistake!!!!! Luckly I got it trade but I will be there at 9am to get them to sort out the blowing and the sh*te sound!

The guy fitting it asked me what sound I was after and I told him standard ish for normal driving and a nice tone under gas...

I got a farty, blowing, nova sound on tick over & farty sh*te blowing sound mid rage.... Not impressed at all!!!

On the plus side it sounds like a jet top end of the revs under full load but think that's more to do with the car and the remap... Hopefully a bigger silencer will do the job tomorrow until I get a full milltek. You deffo get what you pay for.... Silly me  :sad1:

Offline DJM

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 28
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2011, 09:45:11 am »
Cheer pagey

And jakey, powerflow is always hit n miss as its a franchise, you go to one dealer and get utter crap, go to another dealer 5mile down the road and can be perfect.
More of a fan of ready made ones as there gas flowed etc, and usually a true 3" or whatever your after. I find going custom the bends are not as good and lose abit off the diameter.

Offline SL03 JOE

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 4
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2011, 11:16:52 pm »
I've just brought a TBE Blueflame/BCS exhaust DEcat i will post video when fitted, comes tomorrow  :evilgrin:

Joe.
2006, silver, 5 door, top spec, low miles MKV GTI for sale - looking for offers above 9k!

Joe.