Make a donation

Author Topic: Sky Sports get Formula 1 from 2012  (Read 8979 times)

Offline Richn83

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 49
  • -Receive: 85
Re: Sky Sports get Formula 1 from 2012
« Reply #30 on: July 29, 2011, 01:35:28 pm »
I heard this on the Radio this morning and was disgusted and upset, typical bloody berney he nearly ruined the British Grandprix with his money grabbing ruined another circuit and business by over-loading them with debt and building work they couldnt complete.  And now he is about to ruin the whole sport by taking it away from being viewed by all!

Only hope is the teams or circuits revolting, I know the teams have sought confirmation of the deal as the amount of money they get for advertising on the cars is directly proportional to the viewing figures and being on a paid for premium channel will reduce them and there advertising revenues!  The circuits will be the same they have to pay bernie to be on the calender and part of there revenue is the circuit advertising which will also be worth less.  :fighting:  :fighting:  :fighting:  :fighting:  :fighting:  :fighting:  :fighting:  :fighting:  :fighting:

5Dr Black GTI, DSG, Leather, Xenons. Retrofitted - Cruise, RNS 510, MFSW, Armrest, Skoda BT, 6cd changer, Monza II's, VW speaker upgrade kit, Lux pack, High-line, new CAN gateway, Polar FIS info display, R32 tinted rear lights, RVC

To Come...NQSBBK, highline CCM.

Offline MJR

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 3
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: July 29, 2011, 01:51:14 pm »
Don't have sky & will never get sky.

So highlights & the odd race on BBC for me.
Bye Bye VW Candy White Golf GTi  :'-(  (sadly missed!)
Bye Bye Ford Fiesta TDCi Zetec! (piece of s**t!) lol
Hello Honda Accord GT Tourer! schaweet!

Offline E30Dom

• Thank You
  • -Given: 42
  • -Receive: 76
« Reply #32 on: July 29, 2011, 01:57:00 pm »
Bernie Ecclestone is a sell out! Money grabbing, swindling corrupt old man... he has ruined it for the fans!
Diesel Daily Hack.

Offline Pablos007

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 3
« Reply #33 on: July 29, 2011, 02:53:09 pm »
They may poach some of the BBC crew, I believe Brundle will be out of contract this year.  Plenty of time for them to get the right team in place, fingers crossed they get it right.  

I'm not a particular fan of Ecclestone as he will always follow the money, but TBH his dictatorship has made F1 the global sport it is now and made the teams (and himself) wealthy, so commercially he is usually spot on.

If they manage not to interrupt the race with adverts (like they do with the football) it might not be too bad.

I did the F1 Pay-per-view a few years back and the coverage was excellent with multiple camera angles etc.,  so I'm waiting to see how it is structured before coming off the fence.  :popcornsoda:

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #34 on: July 29, 2011, 03:59:17 pm »
Well that has well and truely ruined my day..  :sad1: I thought Mr Humphries and his crew did a cracking job tbh and the features they included actually made me watch the whole lead up to the race too. Rather than just park my arse on the settee at 12:58pm..

A sad sad day..  :sad1:

I echo above:(

I tune in to watch the BBC team and I love the fact there are no adverts. I will never pay the extra for sky sports as I just can't justify the cost just to watch f1. Truly gutted

....I'm gutted as well! BBC coverage has been excellent on all counts.

I ain't putting any money in scumbag Murdoch's pocket whether HD or not. Ironically there hasn't been anything on BBC1/2 I've wanted to watch for the last 3 evenings. "Our War" on BBC3 is all I've watched since Monday and there's nothing on tonight either! How much is a TV licence!?

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline MarkMarked

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 4
« Reply #35 on: July 29, 2011, 04:24:09 pm »
Just hope that Sky put it on SS1 or SS2 so us Virgins can see it in HD  :scared:

Offline vRS Carl

• Thank You
  • -Given: 282
  • -Receive: 240
  • I'm the F.A.G (Forum Apple Guru)
« Reply #36 on: July 29, 2011, 04:33:25 pm »
Just hope that Sky put it on SS1 or SS2 so us Virgins can see it in HD  :scared:

:surprised: :surprised:

I wouldn't be advertising that on a Forum  :grin: :evilgrin:

Saint Steve

« Reply #37 on: July 29, 2011, 07:12:33 pm »
I for one am very pleased we (Sky) have got the deal.. Being staff..  :ashamed:

I'm sure Sky will make a good job of doing decent in depth coverage, what we would like BBC to cover, but unfortunately,  the BBC cannot afford to show each race, as like someone mentioned, the olympics are gonna cost a lot, so that affects their budget.
3D will be a very good possibility ...

Put it another way, buckets of money WILL be spent to bring top quality coverage and no doubt interative features that the BBC simply can't afford.

look forward to seeing who Sky choose to head this..

Gutted for the BBC, they have done a stirling job thus far...after ITV almost ruined it.

Offline Deako

• Thank You
  • -Given: 38
  • -Receive: 44
  • Eat, Sleep....VAG
« Reply #38 on: July 29, 2011, 07:19:25 pm »

I'm sure Sky will make a good job of doing decent in depth coverage, what we would like BBC to cover, but unfortunately,  the BBC cannot afford to show each race, as like someone mentioned, the olympics are gonna cost a lot, so that affects their budget.

Put it another way, buckets of money WILL be spent to bring top quality coverage and no doubt interative features that the BBC simply can't afford.

Gutted for the BBC, they have done a stirling job thus far...after ITV almost ruined it.

I doubt there will be any 3D coverage. The F1 coverage is all provided by Bernies empire, and they have only just switched to HD after Bernie refused to think there was any need for it.

Saint Steve

« Reply #39 on: July 29, 2011, 07:21:17 pm »

I doubt there will be any 3D coverage. The F1 coverage is all provided by Bernies empire, and they have only just switched to HD after Bernie refused to think there was any need for it.
Whats  stopping Sky doing that??? :confused:

Offline Deako

• Thank You
  • Eat, Sleep....VAG
« Reply #40 on: July 29, 2011, 07:23:49 pm »

Whats  stopping Sky doing that??? :confused:

Sky wont be providing the coverage. All the cameras belong to the FIA. They are just fed to whoever gets the deal to broadcast the footage.

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #41 on: July 29, 2011, 07:42:37 pm »
i wasnt a big fan when ITV had it.  I hated the adverts and the poor coverage.  BBC coverage is outstanding, the mix of commentators work so well together, covering all the aspects of F1 from different perspectives is brilliant.  Plus they do all the technical features with brundle etc. 

I have Sky Sports anyway so its not an issue for me as long as the standard of coverage stays the same.

Please dont get rid of Mrs McKenzie, unless its for cameron diaz or equal

h4rdy

« Reply #42 on: July 29, 2011, 07:43:59 pm »
This is the first year I have really got into it as was a massive bike fan for years.

I have not got sky and have no intentions of paying the quite simply extortionate prices either.

This is bad for F1 as it's just getting really popular again which I think is down to the excellent coverage and no adverts.

Really sad day IMHO. :sad1:

Offline bodger00

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 23
  • -Receive: 20
  • A wish called Zonda
« Reply #43 on: July 29, 2011, 07:54:05 pm »
Quite annoyed at this news!  :fighting: What a bloody shame! I wont be paying for Sky Sports.......I hope its a loss for them.

If you disagree with the news then make yourself heard here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/sporteditors/2011/07/f1_coverage_to_be_shared_betwe.html#comments

Registering to comment takes 5 mins.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2011, 08:13:18 pm by bodger00 »

Offline Deako

• Thank You
  • Eat, Sleep....VAG
« Reply #44 on: July 29, 2011, 08:36:05 pm »
Quite annoyed at this news!  :fighting: What a bloody shame! I wont be paying for Sky Sports.......I hope its a loss for them.

If you disagree with the news then make yourself heard here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/sporteditors/2011/07/f1_coverage_to_be_shared_betwe.html#comments

Registering to comment takes 5 mins.

Looks like they have stopped approving comments.