Make a donation

Author Topic: Car almost sold, changed my mind at last minute  (Read 3821 times)

Offline Nickyboy

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 7
  • 2007 ED30 in Grey
Re: Car almost sold, changed my mind at last minute
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2011, 06:13:38 pm »
I don't know the percentage but National Windscreens did the job, from the scale they had pictured I chose the second last darkest option,  one up from limo black.

Offline SirSparkamus

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2011, 07:38:25 pm »
Don't blame you at all.  At the start of the year I was seriously considering changing to an A3 S-line TDI but though it ticked most of the 'head' boxes it didn't really do anything for the heart.  The replacement was put on hold while I sold my flat and bought a house.

Then I was away offshore for 6 weeks and when I came back I 'rediscovered' the GTI.  It was like driving it for the first time again and it is a fantastic car.  It just does everything so well.  Convinced me that I don't think I could live with a car that only makes sense to the head.

I am eying up some S3 sportbacks now though  :ashamed:

The lady buying yours will be gutted but you've got to think about yourselfn :happy2:

What the difference in the sportback models mate? I'm looking at these myself...

Offline rdfcpete

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 98
  • -Receive: 52
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2011, 07:39:40 pm »
I just drive my billion horsepower hyundai i10...

:grin:  :signLOL:
:drinking:

Stark reminders FTW.
Pete

RNS-E LED 2012 | Aux-In | AP Coilovers |  Hawk HPS Pads | Revo Stage 1+
Previous: OEM+ 2006 MK5 Golf GTI 2.0T FSI Steel Grey 3 Door

Offline ub7rm

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 35
  • -Receive: 43
« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2011, 08:52:12 pm »
Don't blame you at all.  At the start of the year I was seriously considering changing to an A3 S-line TDI but though it ticked most of the 'head' boxes it didn't really do anything for the heart.  The replacement was put on hold while I sold my flat and bought a house.

Then I was away offshore for 6 weeks and when I came back I 'rediscovered' the GTI.  It was like driving it for the first time again and it is a fantastic car.  It just does everything so well.  Convinced me that I don't think I could live with a car that only makes sense to the head.

I am eying up some S3 sportbacks now though  :ashamed:

The lady buying yours will be gutted but you've got to think about yourselfn :happy2:

What the difference in the sportback models mate? I'm looking at these myself...

The main difference is the two extra doors!  It looks like a mini avant ...

I think the 3 door looks a bit better but i cant live without the practicality of a 5 door.
Sepang Blue S4 BE Avant

Offline Asa

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2011, 09:00:10 pm »
I don't know the percentage but National Windscreens did the job, from the scale they had pictured I chose the second last darkest option,  one up from limo black.
:happy2:

Offline Nickyboy

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 7
  • 2007 ED30 in Grey
« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2011, 09:45:05 pm »
I wanted limo black at first but it makes reversing at night a pain in the butt!

Offline Asa

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2011, 11:46:14 pm »
I wanted limo black at first but it makes reversing at night a pain in the butt!

I went for 35% on the rear two windows and 20% on the rear windscreen but it's too dark for me it looks like limo black and to chavvy on a reflex silver. Back in tomorrow to swap for 35% just hope my heater elements survive  :scared: