Make a donation

Author Topic: Cruise Control fitting guide  (Read 45910 times)

Offline vRStu

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 90
  • -Receive: 159
    • Octavia-vRS Information Resource
Re: Cruise Control fitting guide
« Reply #60 on: February 26, 2012, 07:23:59 pm »
VW sell a kit for the Transporter.  Give them your chassis number and ask for the retrofit kit.

As Eddie says the Caddy will likely have the Mk6 style once piece setup with the steering controller built into the slip ring.
Stu...

Quartz Grey Audi A4 3.0 TDi S-Line Quattro, 7 Speed S-Tronic, 19" Twin Spoke Alloys, Alcantara Upholstery with Silver Stitching and Heating, Sat Nav High, B & O Sound, Audi Music Interface, DAB Radio, Parking Advanced with Rear View Camera, Advanced Keyless Entry, LED Interior Light Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Heated and Electrically Folding Mirrors, Through Load.

RNS510 Video in Motion unlocking, PIN recovery & DVD Region Free available

Offline Eddie-NL

• Trader - 2014
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 298
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,56721.0.html
« Reply #61 on: February 26, 2012, 07:32:31 pm »
It is probably worth getting a scan to see what controller is in the caddy
Some versions need to be changed which also requires the ignition barrel lock and holder to be changed
Genuine VCDS VAG-COM HEX-USB + Genuine Vag Commander + Genuine VAG Tacho + Genuine VAG CAN PRO  + RNS Manager for Video in Motion and New Pin Code for RNS510

Cluster and Key coding

Location Great Yarmouth

Retrofits fitted by me see my members rides

Offline Turbosteve

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
« Reply #62 on: February 26, 2012, 07:45:05 pm »
Thanks guys.... The problem I have is I don't have access to vagcom or vcds or what ever it is I need to plug in to.... That's why I wanted to know if anyone local can help me with it....... Vw was about as helpfull as a chocolate fire guard ........ They wanted £600.00 for the caddy doing.... :confused:

Offline vRStu

• Thank You
« Reply #63 on: February 26, 2012, 07:45:58 pm »
What about using an Indy?

Stu...

Quartz Grey Audi A4 3.0 TDi S-Line Quattro, 7 Speed S-Tronic, 19" Twin Spoke Alloys, Alcantara Upholstery with Silver Stitching and Heating, Sat Nav High, B & O Sound, Audi Music Interface, DAB Radio, Parking Advanced with Rear View Camera, Advanced Keyless Entry, LED Interior Light Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Heated and Electrically Folding Mirrors, Through Load.

Offline Eddie-NL

• Trader - 2014
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #64 on: February 26, 2012, 07:48:41 pm »
if you were not so far away, I would have offered my services.
Try Darren (mortygtdi) he is in Leeds
Genuine VCDS VAG-COM HEX-USB + Genuine Vag Commander + Genuine VAG Tacho + Genuine VAG CAN PRO  + RNS Manager for Video in Motion and New Pin Code for RNS510

Cluster and Key coding

Location Great Yarmouth

Offline Moz

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 11
    • Email
« Reply #65 on: March 06, 2012, 12:30:12 pm »
I've just spoke with Awesome GTI over them fitting this for £150. They said if my wheel isn't multi function, I'll have to replace the steering ECU at £135 on top of the £150.

Does this sound right to anyone?

I have a 05 GTI and it doesn't have a Multi Function Sterring wheel and only has half MFD.

Can anyone advise?

Offline vRStu

• Thank You
« Reply #66 on: March 06, 2012, 12:36:09 pm »
Yep sounds right to me.  If they offer a service based on a requirement for parts which is then exceeded, in your case by needing a new steering, controller then it's correct to add that cost to the service.

You would be wise to try and ascertain which controller you have beforehand in case you don't need it.
Stu...

Offline Moz

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #67 on: March 06, 2012, 12:55:05 pm »
Yep sounds right to me.  If they offer a service based on a requirement for parts which is then exceeded, in your case by needing a new steering, controller then it's correct to add that cost to the service.

You would be wise to try and ascertain which controller you have beforehand in case you don't need it.

Thanks for the reply mate.

I understand the process for the parts cost on top, my question was more directed towards "Does my vehicle fall into this category"

Obviously I don't have a the Multi Function Steering wheel, so does this automatically put me into this bracket of a new steering controller, if not, what can I do to confirm if I need a new controller or not.

Taking into account, at the moment, I don't have access to VCDS.

Thanks in advance.

Offline vRS_Pagey

• Thank You
  • -Given: 66
  • -Receive: 59
« Reply #68 on: March 06, 2012, 04:17:58 pm »
Dude, a MFSW is NOT a requirement for cruise control retro fitting, and you don't need VCDS to find out what steering controller you have.  Just drop the cowling around the column and you will find the controller attached underneath, the part number should be clearly visible, post or PM the number and I will confirm if retrofit is possible.

To access the controller, turn the steering wheel 90 degrees each way to expose 2 x torx screws, there is a third screw underneath in the recess where the rake and reach lever is.

His: MK2 Black Magic Skoda Octavia vRS Estate
Hers: MK5 Graphite Blue Pearl VW Golf GT140 -

http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,32783.0.html

Offline Moz

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #69 on: March 06, 2012, 04:33:36 pm »
Dude, a MFSW is NOT a requirement for cruise control retro fitting, and you don't need VCDS to find out what steering controller you have.  Just drop the cowling around the column and you will find the controller attached underneath, the part number should be clearly visible, post or PM the number and I will confirm if retrofit is possible.

To access the controller, turn the steering wheel 90 degrees each way to expose 2 x torx screws, there is a third screw underneath in the recess where the rake and reach lever is.

Ah- thanks for clearing that up mate. I'll have a look tomorrow and get back to you with the part number to confirm. Be nice if it was possible without changing the controller etc.

Nice one mate

Offline WolverineMAc

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #70 on: March 06, 2012, 04:40:23 pm »
Does any one fit these down south (BN21)
Mk5 Gti Edition 30, Manual, Tornado Red

Offline vRS_Pagey

• Thank You
« Reply #71 on: March 06, 2012, 04:43:48 pm »
Ah- thanks for clearing that up mate. I'll have a look tomorrow and get back to you with the part number to confirm. Be nice if it was possible without changing the controller etc.

Nice one mate

I thought I was going to need a new controller as both my cars have the part number with 'BC' at the end which according to Rosstech wiki is the only one of about 30 variations that doesn't work work...... :sick:

But it turned out to be fine as there are sub-part numbers that will work!!  :stupid:

This is a link to the list of controllers -  http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/Steering_Wheel_Control_Module_Versions - you need to have a mid or high line to work (this has nothing to do with the MFD as I found out).  :happy2:
« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 04:46:22 pm by vRS_Pagey »

Offline Eddie-NL

• Trader - 2014
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #72 on: March 06, 2012, 05:03:33 pm »
I've just spoke with Awesome GTI over them fitting this for £150. They said if my wheel isn't multi function, I'll have to replace the steering ECU at £135 on top of the £150.

Does this sound right to anyone?

I have a 05 GTI and it doesn't have a Multi Function Sterring wheel and only has half MFD.

Can anyone advise?

You don't need to change the controller, unless it has HW638 SW0070

Cluster and Key coding

Location Great Yarmouth

Offline vRS_Pagey

• Thank You
« Reply #73 on: March 06, 2012, 05:53:36 pm »
As per a previous post, mine is - 036 0070 - so ok?

Offline Eddie-NL

• Trader - 2014
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #74 on: March 06, 2012, 05:57:50 pm »
As per a previous post, mine is - 036 0070 - so ok?

yes

Cluster and Key coding

Location Great Yarmouth