Make a donation

Author Topic: Potential Buyer - GTI  (Read 970 times)

Offline Rickster

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
Potential Buyer - GTI
« on: August 23, 2011, 10:13:53 pm »
Evening All,

I'm Ricky, very much a newbie to the Golf GTI world - 25 years old, live in Norwich, and having recently sold my beloved MK1 Focus RS, i have £13,000 burning a hole in my pocket. I want to consider a Golf GTI, but all i'm hearing is negative affirmations, which is putting me off somewhat. I'm basically looking for a comfortable car, with performance that looks the part, and for me the GTI is fit for that purpose. I've got a budget of £15,000, and would prefer the ED30, but good condition ones are seemingly few and far between.

I'd settle for a White / Grey GTI with DSG, less than 18000 miles.

Any suggestions / advice?

Ta :happy2:

Offline Leonard

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 3
    • Email
Re: Potential Buyer - GTI
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2011, 10:27:45 pm »
Cant see what the problem is.

You have the budget, ED30 is comfortable, fast, reliable, with good handling. Easily tuneable if you get bored.

Get one bought!

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/3131954.htm

Matt

Offline Leonard

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2011, 10:31:06 pm »
Oh and welcome  :happy2: Where are my manners!  :laugh:

Offline valvedoctor

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 4
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2011, 10:35:37 pm »
Hi Ricky,with that kind of budget you're going to get a real nice motor with no issues to worry about.If your budget was less and you were looking at an older golf ,then i would tell you to cast a beady eye over the front wings for rust,but this shouldn't be an issue on a newer golf.Allthough I have been told that it could be an issue even on the high milage mk6 golfs.Overall, I don't think you'll be dissapointed with the gti.I've just recently moved up to the mk 5 gti and I'm loving it.Good look matey in your search for a good 'un.

Offline Rickster

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2011, 10:40:50 pm »
I've seen that but the R8 alloys look pony, and they are never genuine. If i map a GTI, what power increase will i see, and where is the best place to get ths done?

Thanks for the welcome. :happy2:

Offline shugyboi

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2011, 10:51:16 pm »
Evening All,

I'm Ricky, very much a newbie to the Golf GTI world - 25 years old, live in Norwich, and having recently sold my beloved MK1 Focus RS, i have £13,000 burning a hole in my pocket. I want to consider a Golf GTI, but all i'm hearing is negative affirmations, which is putting me off somewhat. I'm basically looking for a comfortable car, with performance that looks the part, and for me the GTI is fit for that purpose. I've got a budget of £15,000, and would prefer the ED30, but good condition ones are seemingly few and far between.

I'd settle for a White / Grey GTI with DSG, less than 18000 miles.

Any suggestions / advice?

Ta :happy2:

so whats these negative affirmations you have been hearing?  :laugh:

just bought my 3rd veedub in the last 5 years. its my second mk5 golf and my first gti  :happy2:

gti's are night and day over focus rs mk1 and mk2 but maybe i cant see over the hill  :P

welcome mate  :happy2:

Offline Leonard

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2011, 10:55:20 pm »
I've seen that but the R8 alloys look pony, and they are never genuine. If i map a GTI, what power increase will i see, and where is the best place to get ths done?

Thanks for the welcome. :happy2:

I will give you that about the alloys LOL

Exhaust and Remap will give you a comfortable 300 horses. I havent even bothered mapping mine as on b-roads its plenty fast enough as std. Bigger K04 turbo gives great 4th gear mid range punch between corners
« Last Edit: August 23, 2011, 11:02:27 pm by Leonard »

Offline no golf clubs at all

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 10
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2011, 10:15:21 am »
I can see no downsides to a GTI purchase, I have had 4 years (nearly) of hassle free fun and it is going better now than ever.

Only problem I have is knowing what to replace her with next  :sad1: