Make a donation

Author Topic: Found a dent in my GTI  (Read 1265 times)

Offline stinger

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
Found a dent in my GTI
« on: August 25, 2011, 01:45:33 pm »
Hey Guys not sure if this is in the right section of the forum.

I'm a new member to the forums although I have been lurking for a while. I have never really been into cars but always wanted to own a golf and finally bought a 57 plate black MK5 GTI back in April. I love it so much, every time I drive it I have a grin on my face and where I used to hate driving, now I go the long route everywhere!! Apart from a few stone chips in the bonnet she was in fantastic condition when I got her.

Anyway the other week I was up at the inlaws cleaning the car when to my horror found 2 dents in the passanger door. I was raging! They are hard to notice when the car is dirty  but when clean they are visible. I have no idea where it may have happend as I'm always careful to park away from other cars in supermarkets but you cant manage it all the time.

One of the dents is right on the edge of the door and the other is below the sill at the bottom of the door. I would say they are smaller than a five pence. Do you guys think these can be removed? I'm guessing I will really need to get someone to take a look? Just wondering from past experiences if you guys have had similar dents fixed?

THanks for your help folks.

Mark.

Offline LouCyffer

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 63
Re: Found a dent in my GTI
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2011, 01:47:26 pm »
I've got a local mobile dent remover near me who is amazing, for about £40 a panel he can work magic. If the paint isn't broken, you should be fine, and not too out of pocket.
Black 2008 5 door GTI. Leather, DSG, ipod prep, 18" Monzas. Retrofitted: Cruise, PDC, RNS510, 729 Skoda Bluetooth (thanks SteveP), MFSW buttons (thanks MortyGTTDi), Armrest & vents, covered cupholder, Highline (thanks Kalu), Polar FIS+ (thanks Richn), Reversing camera (thanks MortyGTTDi)

Offline DJM

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 28
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2011, 01:49:07 pm »
I feel your pain, i noticed the same. I've only had golf few weeks and knew there was no dents when i got it.
Found two little ones just above door handle on passenger side. About same sort of size like 5p size.
Im going to contact a local chips away kind of place. As known them do other peoples cars for £35-50 for car park dents. Especially if paint isnt broke they should be able to pull it out reletively easy id imagine.

Offline stinger

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2011, 01:55:12 pm »
Thanks guys, I'm more worried about the one on the edge of the door. I will phone around a few local places, Dundee, and see if I can get them fixed.  :happy2:

Offline LouCyffer

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 63
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2011, 02:24:22 pm »
I'd advise asking your local bodyshop who they use (they don't use rubbish dent repairers :laugh:) & give the guy a ring. You'll be fine. I was shaking up a bottle of jetseal after polishing the car, slipped from my grip smack into the top of the nearside wing, just below the A pillar. A nice inch & a half straight crease. Gone in 30 minutes thanks to Nigel the dent meister :drinking:
Black 2008 5 door GTI. Leather, DSG, ipod prep, 18" Monzas. Retrofitted: Cruise, PDC, RNS510, 729 Skoda Bluetooth (thanks SteveP), MFSW buttons (thanks MortyGTTDi), Armrest & vents, covered cupholder, Highline (thanks Kalu), Polar FIS+ (thanks Richn), Reversing camera (thanks MortyGTTDi)

Saint Steve

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2011, 09:03:48 pm »
easy fix on the mk5 fella, i had 2 removed from my drivers door within 10 minutes work, with a peice of thin aluminum anda rod and hook pushed down the window guide and watched the door dings vanish in seconds  :surprised:

As long as the paints not cracked as has been said, it will be right a rain with a Dentmaster on it. :happy2: