Make a donation

Author Topic: Yokohoma Parada Spec 2  (Read 6457 times)

Offline Janner_Sy

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
Re: Yokohoma Parada Spec 2
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2011, 10:24:17 pm »
Tried them but got no reply. Loads have said they've got no stock despite their websites saying otherwise

Would cost another £200 for them as well over the paradas

Offline Beddie

• Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 76
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2011, 10:28:52 pm »
Tried them but got no reply. Loads have said they've got no stock despite their websites saying otherwise

Would cost another £200 for them as well over the paradas

Tweeks dont open on sundays or bank holidays but did have RSRs on the shelf when i was in last week  :smiley:

Seeing as the Paradas are quite well known for being pretty useless as a track tyre and the RSRs very well regarded as such i'd say it would be £200 very well spent  :wink:

Tornado Red ED30 : Number 1644 - Gone

Carbon Grey Edition 35 - Here

Offline Greeners

• Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2011, 10:42:16 pm »
My Parada's were superb for 4 ring trips and still had a least one more in them. Pretty sure all of the lads on here that had passenger laps can vouch for the grip!  :driver:

Pretty sure Tom had them on his S3 too and loved them.............

Although a bit noisy at low speeds they seemed to perform well on the road too. I'd certainly fit them again.

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2011, 10:44:18 pm »
How useless though, ive not read anything bad about dry grip yet, seems alot of comments saying dry grip is just below that of semi slicks. Obviously they'll never match a semi slic.

But if i demolish the fronts i could buy 2 new ones for the money i would save byby not getting the 595's. The guys running hybrid fabia vRS diesels running silly torque seemed impressed that they could now put the power down

Offline Beddie

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2011, 10:51:03 pm »
A mate had them on his mapped S3 at the Ring a few years back and they were perfectly fine as are nearly every decent road tyre as the ring is not particularly hard on tyres at all imo, 2 days later at Spa with its more abrasive surface and working much harder they just gave up...

They just wont be up to constant lapping in a track day senario as the side walls are quite soft and they start to chew up the tread, same for the Toyo T1-R, decent road tyre but pretty hopeless for track work..

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2011, 10:56:02 pm »
Bear in  in mind my cars only 1200kg in road trim, less on trackdays.

Rockingham destroyed my conti sport 2 tyres. Blisters and chunks missing, now no grip despite loads of tread.  I dont fancy rthat again

Offline Beddie

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2011, 10:58:15 pm »

Rockingham destroyed my conti sport 2 tyres. Blisters and chunks missing, now no grip despite loads of tread.  I dont fancy rthat again

Thats exactly why i would personally spend the extra on proper track tyres  :happy2:

Offline danishmkvgti

• Thank You
  • -Given: 243
  • -Receive: 154
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,7823.0.html
« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2011, 10:59:23 pm »
when considering what you want to use them for, i don't quite understand this discussion  :confused:
Considering you are going to take your 12k£? car with minimum 200bhp to a track you are going budget on the tyres??  :stupid:
Why not just run octane 92, cheaper, less horsepower and use the saved money on a bit better tyres?  :innocent:
Another consideration: You are going to a track day to have fun, learn more about handling your car, and as i understand it, you will use these tyres for track day only?
This means you want to learn above the cars abilities for normal road driving, why on earth will you restrict thatexperience by going budget on the only thing saving yous a** from the grass??Tyres and brakes should have your highest priority, off course only IMHO

BTW i have had them, shi**y tyre, and a 10 year old design

Over the top mod list ;o)

Offline Beddie

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2011, 11:02:27 pm »
when considering what you want to use them for, i don't quite understand this discussion  :confused:
Considering you are going to take your 12k£? car with minimum 200bhp to a track you are going budget on the tyres??  :stupid:
Why not just run octane 92, cheaper, less horsepower and use the saved money on a bit better tyres?  :innocent:
Another consideration: You are going to a track day to have fun, learn more about handling your car, and as i understand it, you will use these tyres for track day only?
This means you want to learn above the cars abilities for normal road driving, why on earth will you restrict thatexperience by going budget on the only thing saving yous a** from the grass??Tyres and brakes should have your highest priority, off course only IMHO

BTW i have had them, shi**y tyre, and a 10 year old design

^^^ + 1 ... As the old saying goes 'speed costs money; how fast do you want to go?”   :wink: :laugh:

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2011, 11:07:01 pm »
Sorry dad :ashamed:

My missus has to drive the car so dont want to risk her on semi slicks until i get a spare set of wheels which isnt high on  my list right now. So these would be used on track and road. My car is not up to full track spec anyway, still stock suspension as well, so semi slicks will just make it llean and roll even more, prob make the brakes suffer more as well

And we cant compare conti 2 tyres to anything of performance rating. They zre the lowest spec continental tyre available.

My thinking is if i ssave mmoney by not going semi slick, its more money for track days.  Alternatively ill, just buy r888s and do less track days and burn them up on the rroad.

I went the expensive route with the last car, the whole point of this one is budget trackday hooning
« Last Edit: August 29, 2011, 11:08:45 pm by Janner_Sy »

Offline Beddie

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2011, 11:16:25 pm »
If i were in your shoes i'd be snapping up 4 16" steelies from a MK4 golf, rattle can them white and throw on some proper track tyres, will probably fit 4 abreast in your boot for the trip to and from the trackday and cheaper to buy than the equivalent 17" rubber...

That way you get the performance benefit of dedicated track rubber (plenty of part worn track rubber on ebay in 16" as it's a popular size) and also the warm fuzzy feeling of not trashing your expensive road rubber, that in itself is worth a couple of seconds a lap imo..  :wink:

Also, if you come across any cheap part worn Michelin PS2s or GY F1 Assys then they would make decent track rubber without getting into too much expense?
« Last Edit: August 29, 2011, 11:37:06 pm by Beddie »

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2011, 11:35:07 pm »
Might get some uni royal rainsports. Not seen a bad review on them yet.  Parada's seem a bit of a risk

Offline vRSAlex

• Admin
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 253
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,19941.0.html
« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2011, 06:59:00 am »
Might get some uni royal rainsports. Not seen a bad review on them yet.  Parada's seem a bit of a risk

Rainsports are a good all round tyre.  Just don't expect much life from them.

The paradas were poor in the dry on my ibiza when it was running around 250g bhp (many years ago). It would spin up in 3rd in the dry.  Switched to 888's and it would barely spin 1st. 
www.akstuning.co.uk - info@akstuning.com - 01234 822324
Follow AKS tuning on Facebook

Offline tony_danza

• Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 112
  • The voice of objective reason, but mine's best.
« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2011, 11:07:43 am »
I wouldn't waste matches burning them, absolute crap. Had them on the Speedlines for a fortnight and got rid.

Useless when cold, useless when wet, de-laminate when hot. My daily PS2s had better track manners. Utter fail of a tyre.
Sideways yo!

Offline Deacon

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: August 30, 2011, 12:05:33 pm »
Had the Rainsport 2's on the front of my scirocco for about 5k miles now and i think they are excellent, dire until they're run in a bit though. Also not sure how great they'd be as a track tyre as the sidewall is very soft compared to the bridgestone reo50a's that were on before and are still on the rear.