Make a donation

Author Topic: INOV8 white mk5 golf gti  (Read 12241 times)

Offline 94Luke

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 2
Re: INOV8 white mk5 golf gti
« Reply #30 on: November 30, 2011, 09:51:55 pm »
Wow loving the build, some real hard work gone in there, specially like the white suspension parts  :notworthy: That intake looks quite restrictive though? Do you have any figures for what power it's making at the minute?

Offline DonalM

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 10
« Reply #31 on: November 30, 2011, 10:09:24 pm »
Where did you get the carbon engine cover??.
http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,31784.0.html

TR DSG Gti- K04, TTRS Brakes, BBS, H&R, RNS, Xenons, Leather, Ed30 Front lip, US Smooth Grill, RVC, Miltek, WALK, Loads of Forge bits + lots more.

Offline dalewhite

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: November 30, 2011, 10:14:08 pm »
we havent had any issues with the air intake however we are going to design it to have another pipe to the air box as we are going to forge it next and go for big power. Its running 320 at the minute on a base map and going to take it up to 360 its going to wayne schofield on friday so should be finished next week

Offline W8 Performance

• Trader - 2014
  • Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 19
  • -Receive: 29
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: November 30, 2011, 11:04:50 pm »
Looking really good :happy2:

Offline OLLIE_JETTA_MK5

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: November 30, 2011, 11:25:04 pm »
exterior is extremly halfords but much love for performance mods ! well done

Golf mk5 1.4 Fsi , Bettle 2.0 8v , Audi a3 2.0tdi , Lupo Gti , Jetta mk5 2.0 tdi , Golf mk6 1.4tsi , Jetta mk6 2.0tdi dsg . Golf estate sport wagon and now ! and orange GTI
Dubbin it since 2006

Offline Hurdy

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 137
« Reply #35 on: December 01, 2011, 01:22:36 am »
What power are you hoping to achieve once the forged internals are onboard?
Golf R gone.

Offline dalewhite

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
new look?
« Reply #36 on: December 01, 2011, 11:01:17 pm »
Hi

this is how the car looks at the minute ( apart from the front end is carbon and de badged) the car is going to be painted in January so any sujjestions are welcome. its going to have a carbon roof hopefully and im thinking these wheels  http://wheelsworldwide.co.uk/wheels/rotiform/blq/black or go with some splits and have the centers baby blue as thats what colour the brakes are going to be. the arches are going to be rolled aswell

Offline RobH

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 9
  • Revo stg 2+
Re: new look?
« Reply #37 on: December 01, 2011, 11:17:46 pm »
It needs to be slammed if your putting rotiforms on imo :happy2:

Offline MR02LOW

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 14
    • Ironkilla Gym Apparel
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,9122.0.html
« Reply #38 on: December 02, 2011, 08:47:11 am »
As per your other thread, 'suggestions welcome' as to your new look,

the colour of the car is a big starting point as to the overall look of the car, but for me firstly I would remove the front bumper and go back to standard with an Ed30 lip or Votex as its a bit ott IMHO, sideskirts possibly some gti ones? carbon roof is cool, the Rotis have been about a bit on 'show' cars, so if you want something to stand out they wouldn’t be the wheel of choice, the splits sound great especially in the blue, and I would also wind the coilovers down another 40 - 50mm at least as well.

Hope you don’t mind my comments, like i say these are purely my opinion

as for the engineering in your build, looks awesome, love the turbo kit  :happy2:

Offline dalewhite

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: December 04, 2011, 09:28:21 pm »
ye i understand what you are saying but few issues, firstly the coilovers, they are tein and all balanced and been set up but think we will slam it for the shows and the bumper we neeed one which lets alot of air in as we run oil coolver on the passenger side and the intercooler has been made around the bumper.

any suggestions on splits???

Offline mortygttdi

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 44
  • -Receive: 146
« Reply #40 on: December 04, 2011, 10:44:20 pm »
This is my own opinion the car does look good but has per the forum we are more for OEM+ on here so the more standard looking the better :happy2:

But colour choice Ive not seen the new Audi brown that the new RS6 comes in? also what about the new Bentley cranberry colour :drool: some really good VAG colours out there at the moment.

Darren

Offline dalewhite

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: February 16, 2012, 10:30:40 pm »
not been on here for a while but got the car back now from mapping at it made 387bhp and 335lb of torque, we only wanted 350bhp so happy with that, we are now going to put the battery in the boot and then design a new catch tank system. We tested the car once it had done 2000 miles and everything is fine we also smoke tested it and no leaks so we know the wiggins are holding up well and no issues with the manifold. Next the car is going to have a gti bumper put on with a votex and either works vs xx or rial daytonas ( was thinking baby blue centers with a white or polished lip) and have the calipers painted to match the wheels along with a respray ready for the summer.

or we might just forge it and deisgn a new manifold which has the turbo sitting where the battery is and go for 500bhp depends how bord of it we get

Offline dalewhite

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: March 25, 2012, 08:38:56 pm »
small update................... the car is going to be painted next week going with a standard bumper with votex splitter and some rial daytona alloys.

last night we started stripping the car for paint aind thought we might aswell take the engine out as it need another 100bhp.

so the engine is out and we are going to forge it with and port the head and also put a uprated clutch and lsd in it. Pictures to follow

Offline dalewhite

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: April 05, 2012, 10:02:59 pm »
new wheels

Offline dalewhite

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: April 05, 2012, 10:04:48 pm »
going to have to shave a bit of the calipers for now but these are the fronts fitted

standard front bumper waiting on a votex splitter

ready for its new wide arches