Make a donation

Author Topic: Should learn to not trust anyone working on my car!  (Read 651 times)

Offline johnboy07

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 10
    • Email
Should learn to not trust anyone working on my car!
« on: September 24, 2011, 07:14:36 pm »
Finally got my car back from vw this week. With my rack replaced under its parts warranty. Got home and realised my mot was due as it had been with vw for 3 weeks and forgot about it. Went down this morning to a mates place, well for now lol. Mot was fine so upon picking the car up he offered to help refit my decat and downpipe to which I accepted as its a pain. I did the turbo bolts and the coupler under the car and he did the top bolts and refit my itg. Well all seemed ok and started up the car and my engine managemnet light was on. Checked and found he had snapped off a sensor on the top right side of the block. Looks like a cam position sensor? But not sure. Soldered onto wot I could as a tempory fix but need to replace it. Just unsure what it is. Any ideas? Thanks l
« Last Edit: September 24, 2011, 07:17:55 pm by johnboy07 »
Stage 2+ 280.4 bhp ITG, Revo Stage 2+, decat, hpfp, THS intercooler, THS engine mounts, Pcv revamp, sportline springs, rs4 fuel valve, DS2500 pads and brembo discs, braided lines, ATE super blue brake fluid and more to come