Make a donation

Author Topic: Is there any way to stop the MFD resetting for each journey?  (Read 1340 times)

Offline jedi-knight83

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 41
    • Cambridge Autogleam Detailing
Is there any way to stop the MFD resetting for each journey?
« on: September 27, 2011, 11:40:21 am »
Ok so I'll try to explain as best as possible..

On the MFD with the MPG and average speed settings etc there are 2 sets of recordings which you can change through by pressing the 'ok' button under the wiper stalk.

number 2 is a long term record of what the car has done in terms of average MPG and is only reset by holding the 'ok/reset' button.

number 1 seems to reset each time i start the car for a new journey.

What I want is for it never to auto reset so I can reset it manually (like number 2) so then I can use number 1 to display what that tank of fuel has done and then rest each time i fill up.

Hope that made sense...

Is it possible?

Thanks

Nathan
Golf GTI DSG "ED30 Tribute" - RTech: 254bhp / 323lbft | MK6 GTI DSG S.Wheel | MK6 GTI speedo | MK6 climate | RCD510DAB | Bluetooth | Milltek Cat back | H&R Springs & Rear ARB | WALK | 19" BBS CH | MK7R 340mm brakes - INFO

Offline Jungle_Faced_Jake

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 4
Re: Is there any way to stop the MFD resetting for each journey?
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2011, 11:57:13 am »
I don't think you can do this? As you say number 1 resets itself after a couple of hours of non use and number 2 is the long term memory that you have to reset manually. The only workaround for what you want would be to reset the long term memory every time you fill the tank up then you can monitor what you are getting out of a full tank.