Make a donation

Author Topic: Is this a good PX?  (Read 1032 times)

Offline GTiBEER

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 5
  • Golf Loving Mo Fo
Is this a good PX?
« on: October 09, 2011, 11:23:45 pm »
I am trying to sell my beloved GTI and want to get something more basic and boring like a TDi. I have not had many offers for my GTI yet but then I have been holding out for someone to come to there senses. The highest I have been offered so far is £8500 but I am not going there yet. Someone has offered me there A3 and I want to know how much if any I should ask for ontop of the car?

http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,35435.0.html <<My Ad

Guys car Spec:
Black Audi A3 s-line TDi on a 55 plate, 3 door, full leather, sat nav, parking sensors, full history on 68k  s-tronic automatic gear box with the flappy paddles 140bhp

Thoughts appreciated guys.

Offline sub39h

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 189
  • -Receive: 84
Re: Is this a good PX?
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2011, 12:06:40 am »
S-tronic = DSG. A3 diesels cling onto their value, perhaps more than GTIs.

i think it's reasonable to expect a straight swap, with the proviso that it's got the S-Line bodykit because early A3s had separate S-Line kits for the exterior and interior, and the exterior kit was basically a spoiler and some 18". the later ones (like mine) had a full bodykit and the "S-Line" was a single pack/trim level. 
« Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 12:09:35 am by sub39h »
2006 Phantom Black A3 2.0T S-Line
DSG | Rear Parking Sensors | MFSW | BOSE | Auto lights/wipers | Half leather
MODS : '09 tail lights | TT vents | Bilstein B14 | RNS-E 2010 | AMI | AKS Tuning custom CAI | Titanium BBS VZs | NQS BBK | WALK | Autotech RARB | Bluemotion aero | Blueflame TBE | Autotech HPFP | MY11 Wing Mirrors | Bluetooth | S3 Intercooler
PLANS: Stage 2+

Offline garrardrj

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 76
  • -Receive: 42
  • EX 2007 Golf Edition 30 owner in Suffolk
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2011, 12:29:23 pm »
He wants your car so as the other poster said it seems like a straight swap is about right ish. Say to him how much will you give me plus your car. You might be surprised. Always put the ball in the buyers court and see what they offer , one of the first rules of sales. Good luck.........may be doing similar with my Edition 30 as i  hardly use it at moment. Good luck
2015 Golf R White 5 Door Leather DCC Dynaudio Pretorias
2009 Land Rover Freelander HSE - Workhorse
2007 Mk 5 Golf GTI Edition 30 - SOLD

Offline winrya

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 16
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2011, 01:04:32 pm »
I'd want some cash if I was to swap for the A3

Offline GTiBEER

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 5
  • Golf Loving Mo Fo
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2011, 03:16:29 pm »
Thanks for the advice. I thought at first that I should command 2k from him as my car was far superior to his and that i would be mad to take any less but what you say about the A3 clinging to its value is true and I will prob never buy a petrol car again unless its a) very rare b) very old or c) I get drunk. Damn governments and newspapers hyping up all this eco nonsense  :fighting: