Make a donation

Author Topic: My car  (Read 108460 times)

Offline JPC

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 93
  • -Receive: 111
Re: My car
« Reply #210 on: November 25, 2009, 07:14:46 pm »
They look great top cat. Your photography skills have improved of late too! Good job!

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #211 on: November 25, 2009, 07:30:40 pm »

Excellent choice, TC - You've thoroughly thought about your usage and bought accordingly.

A couple of Ring trips and about 4 trackdays a year is about my level of intention too. Although I have today received news of an opportunity to revisit Spa again. I think I need to rearrange my calendar to do the Ring and Spa in the same trips.

Your car will look stunning both on road and track and more importantly you'll feel the benefit of the lighter TD's on track (and Ring).

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
« Reply #212 on: November 25, 2009, 07:42:38 pm »
They look great top cat. Your photography skills have improved of late too! Good job!

Cheers Jay, yep these ones came out a bit dark but they will do.  :wink: :signLOL:

Excellent choice, TC - You've thoroughly thought about your usage and bought accordingly.

A couple of Ring trips and about 4 trackdays a year is about my level of intention too. Although I have today received news of an opportunity to revisit Spa again. I think I need to rearrange my calendar to do the Ring and Spa in the same trips.

Your car will look stunning both on road and track and more importantly you'll feel the benefit of the lighter TD's on track (and Ring).

If i had known i was going to get bitten by the bug after visiting the ring, then i would have made far better plans than i initially did.
All my recent mods have been to make my car more track focused to some extent while still trying to keep it usable. The old word compromise has been ringing round my head for months.  :rolleye:

I am counting the days down to get on the track and also get over to the ring.  :party: :party: :party: :party:

Offline prepree

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 11
« Reply #213 on: November 25, 2009, 08:26:44 pm »
They look great TC,

I want to see pics of the white TD wheels on!!  :wink:

Offline T88OMM

• Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 17
    • Email
« Reply #214 on: November 25, 2009, 08:39:07 pm »
Looking good TC, had a good look at the brakes with Jay last week when it was at the unit, they look like a great bit of kit! I will be interested to see how they perform  :popcornsoda: :popcornsoda:
TT-RS Plus - S-Tronic

Offline joesgti

• Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 35
  • Eat my sick, Eat my sick.
« Reply #215 on: November 25, 2009, 08:52:14 pm »
or do
Looking good TC, had a good look at the brakes with Jay last week when it was at the unit, they look like a great bit of kit! I will be interested to see how they perform  :popcornsoda: :popcornsoda:

Or do you already know!  :evilgrin: :grin: :grin:

If you need any games consoles or games, accessories, etc etc, PM me for my best price,

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
« Reply #216 on: November 25, 2009, 08:59:49 pm »
or do

:signLOL:

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #217 on: November 25, 2009, 09:13:26 pm »

If i had known i was going to get bitten by the bug after visiting the ring, then i would have made far better plans than i initially did.
All my recent mods have been to make my car more track focused to some extent while still trying to keep it usable. The old word compromise has been ringing round my head for months.  :rolleye:

....No, "compromise" isn't the way to do it IMO - Achieving "Balance" is the better way to approach modding your car to be successful as both a practical performance road car and a trackday joy. It doesn't have to be stripped out and roll-caged etc to give you fun on track. The car itself has no idea whether it's being driven enthusiastically on the road or the track - What works well for one can be something which works well for the other. Your 'project' will evolve - The slippery slope never ends!

:happy2:

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline john_o

• Thank You
  • -Given: 136
  • -Receive: 108
    • My Car Blog
« Reply #218 on: November 25, 2009, 11:26:04 pm »
very nice Mr Cat  :congrats:
Red ED35 5dr DSG
DEFI boost guage / RTech Stg1 Engine/DSG / PPMk7 front brakes
BLOG | BUILD

Offline JPC

• Thank You
  • -Given: 93
  • -Receive: 111
« Reply #219 on: November 25, 2009, 11:29:02 pm »
or do

ye oright busted!

The speedo didn't even gain .1 in my unit!

Offline Greeners

• Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
« Reply #220 on: November 26, 2009, 12:56:50 pm »
Very Nice Thomas  :congrats: :drool:

You Brake whore you!  :laugh:

Offline NEWEY

• Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 9
    • Flickr
    • Email
« Reply #221 on: November 26, 2009, 01:08:08 pm »
very nice tom. this is something i need to look into as the standards just dont cut it imo

TSR powered 1.9 16v mk2 Golf GTI
TSR big turbo mk5 golf gti

Offline DaveB@Vagbremtechnic

• Trader - 2014
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 130
    • Vagbremtechnic.com
    • Email
« Reply #222 on: November 26, 2009, 01:18:17 pm »
Very interesting set of brakes these, with Toms wheels we often joked about the BBK picking us as opposed to us picking the BBK. I'm really interested in how they do on the track as the original RS4 purists always rated them well especially when used with the correct pads.

Audi did a competition package for the RS4 which comprised drilled discs and "competition" pads (which are Pagid RS29's) see pic

There was a huge gap betweenthe 2001 B5 RS4 and the 2006 8 pot equipped RS4 B7 with little in the way of an upgrade path for B5 owners so the competion package was the way to go, theres been a plenty of track slagging in 1400kg RS4s on these brakes many of which were running a 2.7Bi turbo V6 doing a reliable 500BHP.

Anyway point of my rambling is that they come up on ebay fairly regularly and even if you have to replace the discs, then its potentially a great track proven "clubman" brake setup for potentially  way way less than 4 figures and thats even with Pagid RS pads included in that ball park price!

And not withstanding all that a good compromise if you have limitting rimmage (and TC's were limiting!!! :mad:)

So thanks for your patience TC, just need to get them on track now ands see how you go.....

Probably the only 360mm setup that goes under 17's as well!!!

Offline Hurdy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 137
« Reply #223 on: November 26, 2009, 01:29:55 pm »
Awesome set-up for your car that TC :notworthy:

Really fill the wheel too. :drool:
Golf R gone.

Offline darren62

• Just Arrived