Make a donation

Author Topic: OS X 10.7.2, iCloud, Aperture 3 and iOS 5 released  (Read 11773 times)

Offline monte

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 116
  • -Receive: 134
  • Global Ruler
    • Deep-Shine Detail. Detailing-Wrapping-Tints. Lincoln.
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,67679.0.html
Re: OS X 10.7.2, iCloud, Aperture 3 and iOS 5 released
« Reply #60 on: October 14, 2011, 09:34:06 am »
Christ, what next?! Apple employee scratches his own arse?

I've got to ask Carl, why do you insist on posting every single tiny bit of Apple news? And before you say I don't have to read it, a thread already exists about iOS5. Any other thread duplications would be deleted...

What? Have you got problems bud?

If it wasn't for Carl I certainly wouldn't know when most updates are available or what to do with them. The guy does nothing but help people, and I for one know that I don't need to worry at all, when it comes to any problems with apple products etc, cos Carl is there to help me out.

It's great knowing that any apple updates are posted on forum by Carl, its one of the internet sites i visit the most, and I don't have to search elsewhere.

If you don't like Carl helping others that's fine, but please don't spoil it for others.

:wink:

Offline Oli

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 19
  • -Receive: 10
  • living the dream....
    • Email
« Reply #61 on: October 14, 2011, 10:47:57 am »
Theres me saying how good icloud is, and ive now downloaded it on my work computer - so I know have it on my phone, my pad and my work computer, and in its cleverness its duplicated all my calender notes 3 x!!  Ive spoken to apple support and they say its a known problem, and they are working on a fix, so be careful bfore you merge
www.bmvs-camperhire.co.uk - Brand new VW California SE rental

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 78
« Reply #62 on: October 14, 2011, 11:01:01 am »

I've got to ask Carl, why do you insist on posting every single tiny bit of Apple news? And before you say I don't have to read it, a thread already exists about iOS5. Any other thread duplications would be deleted...

If you don't like Carl helping others that's fine, but please don't spoil it for others.

It's nothing personal, there just seems to be an emergence of duplicate threads. Like I said, there is already an iOS5 thread, so why start another?

Although I am a Mac user I'm not particularly interested in the threads most of the time. I've sat in front of the damned things most of my life, so reading about incremental OS upgrades is the last thing I want to see when I'm getting my car fix :grin:

Nasir

« Reply #63 on: October 14, 2011, 11:07:45 am »
Anyone put ios 5 on a 3GS?  Does the phone run slower?

Andy

There is a small lag, but you can definitely live with it. The internet loading is quicker as well.

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 801
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #64 on: October 14, 2011, 12:04:19 pm »
Upgraded and migrated to iCloud... no issues thus far.  :happy2:

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #65 on: October 14, 2011, 01:45:03 pm »

Although I am a Mac user I'm not particularly interested in the threads most of the time. I've sat in front of the damned things most of my life, so reading about incremental OS upgrades is the last thing I want to see when I'm getting my car fix :grin:

....All you have to do, my friend, is not read any threads with Mac in its title and unsubscribe from this thread. Actually, does this site offer an option to unsubscribe from specific threads? - If not, it should do!

On topic, like Mac OS 10.7, I'm waiting for things to settle down and, most importantly, for some third-party developers to catch up. I don't need what iCloud has to offer as I don't network with other people. Keep up the good work, Carl - It's appreciated.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline vRS Carl

• Thank You
  • -Given: 282
  • -Receive: 240
  • I'm the F.A.G (Forum Apple Guru)
« Reply #66 on: October 14, 2011, 01:52:59 pm »
It's nothing personal, there just seems to be an emergence of duplicate threads. Like I said, there is already an iOS5 thread, so why start another?

This is not just an iOS 5 thread though as per the title :stupid:

So i don't see what your problem is apart from that it must be Jap flag week and your a little hormonal  :grin:

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 801
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #67 on: October 14, 2011, 01:54:58 pm »
iCloud isn't about networking. It's about being able to sync all your contacts/calendars and info between your macs/ iDevices. If you have an iPhone and a few macs it is very very handy. :-)

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
« Reply #68 on: October 14, 2011, 01:55:22 pm »

....All you have to do, my friend, is not read any threads with Mac in its title and unsubscribe from this thread. Actually, does this site offer an option to unsubscribe from specific threads? - If not, it should do!

I read the forum, my friend, via the Show Unread Posts page. Like I said, I don't mind Mac-related posts (though there are rather a lot of them), it's more when topics are covered in multiple threads. It doesn't make sense, neither for people who are uninterested, or for people who want to keep up-to-date with the information.

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
« Reply #69 on: October 14, 2011, 01:57:00 pm »
So i don't see what your problem is apart from that it must be Jap flag week and your a little hormonal  :grin:

You'll have to explain that because I really don't know what you're talking about...

Offline vRS Carl

• Thank You
  • -Given: 282
  • -Receive: 240
  • I'm the F.A.G (Forum Apple Guru)
« Reply #70 on: October 14, 2011, 03:17:18 pm »

You'll have to explain that because I really don't know what you're talking about...

If you have an issue with something i have written fine BUT make it a genuine issue and not a personal preference.

You have stated that i should have just put this info in the iOS 5 thread. Well i put some of it in regarding iOS 5 but OS X 10.7.2 and Aperture 3 aren't available as part of iOS 5 last i looked. So they would be pretty pointless in there and would get lost. So i decided to collectively post the relevant information about all the latest updates and what people needed to be wary of in one thread.

This is a Random chat section. I read the forum via the show unread posts link. If something is of no interest to me then i don't read it. Simples. I don't go in every thread trying to be sarcastic just because it's not something i want to read.

You say i keep posting everything about Apple. Well if you can list all the posts i have done in the last 6 months about Apple, other than software updates then i shall be intrigued. To my mind i did 2. One was a link to a rumour round up for the proposed iPhone 5 and one was about Steve Job's autobiography sales going through the roof.

You are not a Moderator or an Admin on here. None of the mods have complained at any of the threads i have started. Some, as you can see from a few replies in this thread, find the information useful. So i don't see what i am doing wrong.

Now I'm not particularly fussed what you think. If you have a problem with something i write then either PM me or report it to a Moderator and don't clog up what will be a useful thread to others.

What? Have you got problems bud?

If it wasn't for Carl I certainly wouldn't know when most updates are available or what to do with them. The guy does nothing but help people, and I for one know that I don't need to worry at all, when it comes to any problems with apple products etc, cos Carl is there to help me out.

It's great knowing that any apple updates are posted on forum by Carl, its one of the internet sites i visit the most, and I don't have to search elsewhere.

:wink:

Thanks Carlo  :happy2:

On topic, like Mac OS 10.7, I'm waiting for things to settle down and, most importantly, for some third-party developers to catch up. I don't need what iCloud has to offer as I don't network with other people. Keep up the good work, Carl - It's appreciated.

Thanks Robin  :happy2:

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
« Reply #71 on: October 14, 2011, 03:38:51 pm »
Like I said Carl, this isn't personal, but for me this forum is kind of losing it's identity as a car forum, largely because of the technology related threads.

In an ideal world we'd have a separate board for that kind of thing and under your user preferences you'd be able to opt-in or out.

Anyway, enough said on the subject. Carry on :happy2:

Offline stealthwolf

• Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
« Reply #72 on: October 14, 2011, 03:40:52 pm »
We're all human and have different/varying interests. But if we have a common interest in cars, we're bound to have common interests in other things. I see nothing wrong with talking about cameras, photography etc.

Just be happy we've managed to avoid an Apple subforum!  :grin:

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #73 on: October 14, 2011, 03:44:04 pm »

iCloud isn't about networking. It's about being able to sync all your contacts/calendars and info between your macs/ iDevices. If you have an iPhone and a few macs it is very very handy. :-)

....No, you're right, Rich. I just have one Mac (which I keep up to date) and one iPad which is primarily used as a control surface for Logic and virtual instruments and no email and very little else <-- Says he who has just loaded a few pics on it to show off when away from home and who keeps his calendar on it for obvious reasons.

Having iCloud sync is fine but it already auto syncs when I connect. I don't want everything syncing whether I want it to or not.

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #74 on: October 14, 2011, 03:46:37 pm »
Nuff said probably, but isn't the Random Chat section for just that? - Random Chat about anything and everything. It's where we find we have other things in common. Which reminds me I ought to post some more pics in VAG Babes.