Make a donation

Author Topic: Massive missfire  (Read 3831 times)

Offline keano

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 79
  • -Receive: 35
    • Email
Re: Massive missfire
« Reply #30 on: October 17, 2011, 04:51:55 pm »
Will do Dom  :happy2:

Offline gulfstream11

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 19
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: October 17, 2011, 08:28:48 pm »
Popped into Hayseldens for a part today..Technician was raving about a red ED30 with black wheels..The lads could,nt believe it when another turned up..I said it was yours? :happy2:

Offline keano

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: October 17, 2011, 08:33:37 pm »
Haha! I've been pestering them all day! It was mine indeed :) were they unhappy then lol?

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 802
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=m9jdhhdvptb6ef9pi86qnde1o3&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #33 on: October 17, 2011, 08:34:07 pm »
Should the new coils be red? Or black? I'm sure that my coils are black but I did take it in for the update. :-/

Hayseldens at pretty good, never had an issue with them.

Offline StevenW007

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #34 on: October 17, 2011, 08:46:47 pm »
UPDATE:

Rang customer services today to ask why my coilpacks have been marked as recalled when infact they hadn't.

Turns out that VW Sheffield had ticked the recall box and claimed to have swapped them, but actually hadn't!!

Took my car to VW Doncaster, and they dealt with customer services and also VW Sheffield to provide me with 4 new coil packs and labour free of cost!!!

Turns out that they are charging VW Sheffield for it all, as they dropped the bollock!!  :happy2: :happy2: :happy2:

Car should be back tomorrow afternoon, running sweet again  :party: :party: :happy2:

Out of interest what build month and year is yours Keano? I have a May 2007 edition 30 and was advised that mine didn't need the recall even though one had failed on me. Also what were the part numbers of the pnes taken out. Just looking to compare as I replaced all 4 of mine to be on the safe side.

Ste

Offline PDT

• Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 142
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: October 17, 2011, 09:02:55 pm »
Knock sensors will pick up a missfire from plugs or coils. I would change both to be sure. The plug that is missing due to a faulty coilpack won't be at it's best anyway.

Offline keano

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: October 17, 2011, 09:39:10 pm »

Out of interest what build month and year is yours Keano? I have a May 2007 edition 30 and was advised that mine didn't need the recall even though one had failed on me. Also what were the part numbers of the pnes taken out. Just looking to compare as I replaced all 4 of mine to be on the safe side.

Ste

I think its early 2007 Ste. At first I was advised it didn't need doing, then it did  :chicken: :confused:  I'd give them another ring and check mate.

The ones that were taken out ended in a 'C' and they were the originals with the car. I'll let you know what the new ones are when I pick it up. :happy2:

Offline LouCyffer

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 63
« Reply #37 on: October 17, 2011, 09:44:28 pm »
I think I'd be making a point of having a one way chat with the service manager at Sheffield. In particular I'd be asking him why you might have to pay for new plugs. I'd most likely follow this conversation up with a 'nice' letter to the dealer principal of Sheffield, and copy it to VW Customer Services  :evilgrin: I'm sure the spanner monkey will say 'a box was ticked in error' but that really undermines the entire tick checklist that they give us when they have serviced our cars.

Cos it would really p**s on my chips if my car had sustained any sort of damage, even to consumable parts, due to a dealer claiming something had been carried out that wasn't. They got caught this time. I wonder how many times Sheffield have got away with it in other circumstances...

Get 'em, Keano!
Black 2008 5 door GTI. Leather, DSG, ipod prep, 18" Monzas. Retrofitted: Cruise, PDC, RNS510, 729 Skoda Bluetooth (thanks SteveP), MFSW buttons (thanks MortyGTTDi), Armrest & vents, covered cupholder, Highline (thanks Kalu), Polar FIS+ (thanks Richn), Reversing camera (thanks MortyGTTDi)

Offline keano

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: October 17, 2011, 09:48:58 pm »
 :evilgrin: :evilgrin: :evilgrin:

The first thing I'm going to do is write a letter to the service manager @ Doncaster, praising the chap that dealt with my problem.

He was on the phone for an age trying to sort it out for me.

I think I'll drop him a crate of 'special brew' off when I see him again tomorrow  :happy2:

As for Sheffield. I'll get in touch about my sparkplugs, but as the car has only been driven for about 5 miles whilst faulty, I can't imagine the damage will be too severe. And of course I've always never been one to cause a fuss!  :grin:

Offline keano

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: October 18, 2011, 12:35:50 pm »
Got the car back :)

Running better than ever. The small hesitation on gear changes has disappeared, which I thought was normal, but obviously not!

Looking forward to a long blast to Leeds tonight to give it a 'thorough' road test :grin: :driver:

Case closed  :happy2:

Offline robdf2

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 5
    • Email
« Reply #40 on: October 18, 2011, 01:18:33 pm »
I think latest revisions are "F"
2008 Chrono yellow Cupra

Offline E30Dom