Make a donation

Author Topic: VW spares dept  (Read 1594 times)

hugh jass

VW spares dept
« on: October 24, 2011, 06:26:57 pm »
 Ordered 2 new arch liners today and was told if they are the wrong items "We wont take returns". Fair enough I thought "Can you look to see what the part numbers Ive given you relate to?" "No" says the friendly VW spares man
  What a complete moron :booty: :booty: :booty:  Im now calm and feeling a little better but I still hate VW :grin: :grin: :grin: 

Offline gti yorks

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
Re: VW spares dept
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2011, 06:40:00 pm »
i wouldnt have thought they could do that, returned in a resellable condition should be ok. maybe they can get away with saying they will only give you a credit note for them

Offline stealthwolf

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2011, 06:45:04 pm »
Could you not have asked him a quote for the parts, supplying you withthe numbers which you could then check? It would then be his fault if he'd ordered the wrong items.

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.

Offline sub39h

• Thank You
  • -Given: 189
  • -Receive: 84
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2011, 07:05:31 pm »
as above. if he orders the wrong parts it's his problem, not yours.

besides, just because he's ordered them in doesn't mean you have to buy them. go down, have a look and if they're the wrong thing tell him to f*ck off
2006 Phantom Black A3 2.0T S-Line
DSG | Rear Parking Sensors | MFSW | BOSE | Auto lights/wipers | Half leather
MODS : '09 tail lights | TT vents | Bilstein B14 | RNS-E 2010 | AMI | AKS Tuning custom CAI | Titanium BBS VZs | NQS BBK | WALK | Autotech RARB | Bluemotion aero | Blueflame TBE | Autotech HPFP | MY11 Wing Mirrors | Bluetooth | S3 Intercooler
PLANS: Stage 2+

Offline vRSAlex

• Admin
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 253
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,19941.0.html
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2011, 08:45:05 pm »
There is no reason he couldn't have made sure you supplied the correct numbers.  It's easy to do.  He was just being lazy.
www.akstuning.co.uk - info@akstuning.com - 01234 822324
Follow AKS tuning on Facebook

Offline B3n

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 29
  • Boom!!!!
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2011, 09:05:16 pm »
In a way he was in the right and also in the wrong :happy2:

If you have supplied him the part no's you required and they are special order parts i.e parts they would not keep in stock then generally dealers would not accept the parts back if they are wrong. It's standard procedure in almost every dealer, well every dealer ive bought parts from anyway.

But that does not explain why he just wouldn't check the part no's you ordered were correct that is just lazy :fighting: 

My Flickr    Instagram: Chappers84

Offline MattPoss

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 9
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2011, 09:06:31 pm »
Ordered 2 new arch liners today and was told if they are the wrong items "We wont take returns". Fair enough I thought "Can you look to see what the part numbers Ive given you relate to?" "No" says the friendly VW spares man
  What a complete moron :booty: :booty: :booty:  Im now calm and feeling a little better but I still hate VW :grin: :grin: :grin: 

I don't suppose you saw the Scottish fella in Carlisle Benfield VW did you?!

Matt
Mk5 Golf GTI - DSG, BBS VZ's, S3 Front Brakes, Electric Seats, R32 Rear Lights, Xenon's, Colour Coded........

hugh jass

« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2011, 03:02:05 pm »
 Sounds familiar :laugh:
Looks like Ill have to start using Dumfries VW again. :driver:
« Last Edit: October 30, 2011, 03:10:16 pm by hugh jass »

Offline MattPoss

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 9
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2011, 05:29:31 pm »
I tried to order a rear GTI lower valance from him once.

I told him I just wanted the plain black textured plastic part, even took him out and showed him one on the forecourt. He said the only one they did was a one that was already primered and ready to paint for £388. I told him I didn't want an Edition 30 one, just the standard GTI one.

He still didnt understand so I bought one from Awesome for £47. A couple of my mates are mechanics there and say he's not the best

Matt
Mk5 Golf GTI - DSG, BBS VZ's, S3 Front Brakes, Electric Seats, R32 Rear Lights, Xenon's, Colour Coded........

hugh jass

« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2011, 07:16:27 pm »
 Ive just bought the GTI valance from him and had no problems.Guess you must have smoothed the way for me :happy2:
  Valance is now fitted (not painted)and just need to find a nice exhaust to wake up the neighbours :evilgrin:

Offline 182_blue

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 54
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2011, 07:20:12 pm »
TPS take anything back if its wrong  :happy2: (well mine does), and they will search if you don't know the number.

Offline edd666999

• Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 89
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2011, 07:21:01 pm »
as above. if he orders the wrong parts it's his problem, not yours.

besides, just because he's ordered them in doesn't mean you have to buy them. go down, have a look and if they're the wrong thing tell him to f*ck off

they make you pay before ordering

Offline ub7rm

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 35
  • -Receive: 43
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2011, 07:29:04 pm »
^^ Yeah, at my dealers if its a part they don't normally carry as stock you have to pay for it when its ordered.  If its something they usually carry or they generally order a lot of they don't make me pay until I pick it up.  I think anything you want in next day has to be paid up front but again if you leave it to the usual worshop delivery schedule of 3 working days they are a bit less worried.
Sepang Blue S4 BE Avant