Make a donation

Author Topic: E.o.n you must be jokeing  (Read 5913 times)

Offline rich83

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 802
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=ulktl866vgss0quqeqfgbjl2h8&/topic,19740.0.html
Re: E.o.n you must be jokeing
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2011, 12:38:55 am »
Mike.... It's borderline foolish to move to the UK!!!

Offline QD MBE

• Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 102
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2011, 06:27:15 am »
Mike.... It's borderline foolish to move to the UK!!!

Not if your Job/Place of Work moves to the UK.  BFPO on non Active Tours is becoming a thing of the past.

« Last Edit: October 28, 2011, 06:31:02 am by QD »

Offline Tfsi_Mike

• Thank You
  • -Given: 241
  • -Receive: 309
  • Go Large or Go Home
    • Tfsi Mikes Money Pit AKS / TTE / RTech St2+ Cupra
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,32721.msg402587.html#msg402587
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2011, 07:42:47 am »

I shall certainly  be starting a thread in the comming months for advice / discussion on energy providers as I move back to the Uk soon  :sick: :sick: :sad1:

Offline gtipirelli

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 7
  • Golf GTi Pirelli
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2011, 08:11:04 am »
Mike

look forwatd to your thread, happy for you to PM me as I do a lot of work across the energy industry.

Follow my advice on the first page and you will not go wrong with any of the providers. The online tariffs are the cheapest and there is very little price difference across the big 6 companies

fixed deals are good for those on a budget but expect big rises once the deals end !!!

Golf GTi Pirelli - Diamond Black, 5 Door - SOLD
now 718 Cayman S PDK

Offline Tfsi_Mike

• Thank You
  • -Given: 241
  • -Receive: 309
  • Go Large or Go Home
    • Tfsi Mikes Money Pit AKS / TTE / RTech St2+ Cupra
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,32721.msg402587.html#msg402587
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2011, 08:16:53 am »
Mike

look forwatd to your thread, happy for you to PM me as I do a lot of work across the energy industry.

Follow my advice on the first page and you will not go wrong with any of the providers. The online tariffs are the cheapest and there is very little price difference across the big 6 companies

fixed deals are good for those on a budget but expect big rises once the deals end !!!

My work is based around powerstations but when the energy leaves the fence line it's bugger all to do with me lol

Thanks for your advice  :happy2:

Offline Richn83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 49
  • -Receive: 85
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2011, 10:44:53 am »
I dont pay by direct debit for this reason, I know they offer you a discount for it but with the way they assume that I keep my flat at 20 degrees all through the winter and send me a £175 a quarter bill after a cold snap which after supplying a meter reading drops to £90 I would much rather keep the control of paying after checking.

My gas bill last quarter was £27  :pomppomp: thats with hot water and cooking and electric was £35 a quarter which is great thats the advantage of a modern flat with only 1 external wall  :party:

5Dr Black GTI, DSG, Leather, Xenons. Retrofitted - Cruise, RNS 510, MFSW, Armrest, Skoda BT, 6cd changer, Monza II's, VW speaker upgrade kit, Lux pack, High-line, new CAN gateway, Polar FIS info display, R32 tinted rear lights, RVC

To Come...NQSBBK, highline CCM.

Offline gtipirelli

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • Golf GTi Pirelli
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2011, 01:25:04 pm »
Rich

look at it this way, by keeping the 'control' that you think you have you are only really keeping hundred quid per year at best (fluctuating between summer and winter) in your own account earning at best 1% interest. if you pay for your energy by DD, you immediately save yourself about 6% off your bill !!!!!

If you really want to decrease your energy bills, pay by DD, go to an online tariff with paperless bills and take elec and gas from the same supplier. (and ensure to give meter readings)

and support the UK economy by going with BRITISH Gas

now 718 Cayman S PDK

Offline RSam84

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2011, 11:38:38 pm »
Hopefully some friendly advice  :happy2:

Whenever you can, supply a meter reading or let the meter reader in to read it.
Pay by DD
Take your elec and gas from the same supplier
And
Apply for one of their online tariffs like British gas web saver

Don't forget that only a couple of the companies are actually British and the foreign ones such as edf are
Owned by their home states like France.

British gas are trying to compete with state owned companies with very little transparency in how they
Are funded and what profit they make.

The utility companies pay the highest corporation tax of all the FTSE companies and is as high as
80%.

British gas also make about £10 profit per customer per quarter

The reason the profits look big is because they have 17 million customers !!!!

Yes I do work for British gas if you had not guessed

i used to mate, where were you based? i was at talbot road in manchester! i always try and offer same advice that you have already said! its not a suprise they wanted to increase the D/D of the OP's payments if they have no clue about how much they have officially used! I just leave my D/D to do its job i dont even bother looking at it cause at the end of the day i will get a refund if i need it. i always used to say get your 4 bills from 2009 and then your 4 bills from 2010/2011 and check difference in price and in the units of gas used and you will soon see the difference in price and your own usage!

everyone always used to moan about BG profit but majority of it is from the services side like boiler maintance, insurance policys and the business accounts , naff all is from residential! everyone should get on the net tarriffs and pay via d/d makes it cheaper! if your that bothered about spending you can give your readings once a month and only pay for your usage: kinda like a mobile phone bill!

Offline gtipirelli

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • Golf GTi Pirelli
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2011, 10:49:18 am »
Sam
Based mainly out of head office but did work in talbot rd a bit a few years ago
Agree with your advice as well
now 718 Cayman S PDK

Offline Poverty

• Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 21
« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2011, 02:44:17 pm »
role of chief executive, Sam Laidlaw receives an annual compensation of £1,535,000.

Mr BG's annual salary.

Offline gtipirelli

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • Golf GTi Pirelli
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2011, 06:34:44 pm »
No complaints from me about chief exec salary when managing a successful company with 25,000 employees with multi million pound turnover. Don't forget that all of our pension schemes invest in these companies so it pays to support them to support a good share price with good dividends

Chief execs that take there companies south need questioning first
now 718 Cayman S PDK

Offline ub7rm

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 35
  • -Receive: 43
« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2011, 07:02:30 pm »
No complaints from me about chief exec salary when managing a successful company with 25,000 employees with multi million pound turnover. Don't forget that all of our pension schemes invest in these companies so it pays to support them to support a good share price with good dividends

Agree with this.  You do a good job, you get paid for it. 

The media like to bash oil companies especially when they make big profits but you notice when macondo happened in the GOM and BP's shares took a nose dive the front papers were full of stories about how our pensions were stuffed?  Can't have it both ways.
Sepang Blue S4 BE Avant

Offline Poverty

• Thank You
« Reply #27 on: October 30, 2011, 02:22:11 pm »

In comparison to the prime ministers pay?

1.5 million is too much imo.

Offline gtipirelli

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • Golf GTi Pirelli
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: October 30, 2011, 02:54:30 pm »
Chief exec pay is directly linked to market forces. In the same way that footballers get £100k per week +.

Does not mean that is right but is linked to whether customers/shareholders/investors think they are getting a good return. As mentioned before, British gas make about £2 per week profit from each customer which I think is dam good value for customers
now 718 Cayman S PDK

Offline Poverty

• Thank You
« Reply #29 on: October 30, 2011, 03:30:17 pm »
Do you mere mortals in the office get bonuses?