Make a donation

Author Topic: Matto's Shadow Blue GT Sport 210 *Updated 12.2.16 - Mods Complete*  (Read 111850 times)

Offline Roger46

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
Re: Matto's Shadow Blue GT Sport *Updated 23.08.13 incl video*
« Reply #210 on: December 21, 2013, 10:38:22 pm »
Really nice job there mate, I like it a lot  :happy2:
Pretty sure I parked next to this at work, wasn't the same colour as the pictures on here though........................................ :P
2011 Cupra R

Offline Matto

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 116
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,37071.0.html
« Reply #211 on: December 22, 2013, 04:22:23 pm »
Really nice job there mate, I like it a lot  :happy2:
Pretty sure I parked next to this at work, wasn't the same colour as the pictures on here though........................................ :P

Yeah you did. Was in disguise. Gave it a wash yesterday though so its back to its original colour  :happy2:

Offline keano

• Thank You
  • -Given: 79
  • -Receive: 35
    • Email
« Reply #212 on: December 22, 2013, 05:33:38 pm »
Just watched your sootcam video.

I love it  :happy2: :pomppomp:

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 442
    • Email
« Reply #213 on: December 22, 2013, 06:19:56 pm »
How's the new remap Matt

Offline mdmay

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 38
  • -Receive: 14
    • Email
Re:
« Reply #214 on: December 22, 2013, 06:30:40 pm »
Does it go a little better now.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
Regards,

Mike

Offline Matto

• Thank You
« Reply #215 on: December 22, 2013, 07:06:40 pm »
Well seeing as a couple of people have asked I think I should update this now.

Saturday I popped down to CC Tuning in Burton for a re-remap  :signLOL: and to get rid of the Shark software. I had had it on the rollers a couple of months previous to this and it only made 200bhp average over the 3 runs. Chris said it felt very unresponsive and should hardly smoke at all at that power.

I had planned on having it done in the new year but seeing as he was doing a December offer I bit the bullet and went for it sooner. I had popped down earlier in the week at which time he read the Shark file. That night we were chatting and had found quite a few issues with it.

Wrong over-boost maps, maps altered for DPF when I have no DPF,  boost limit set to 1.7 but boost wants 1.85, smoke limiter pushed to a value where it no longer becomes a limit. This was the same for the EGT limit.

So Saturday we started again and also had a play with the cam timing but only found that made a difference of 3-4bhp. The biggest difference was to the smoothness of the graph.

I think Chris was a little stumped with mine as he had had a couple of 170's in that week that had made quite a lot more power. There are a few mechanical checks I would like to do. Reset the timing making sure I can get everything locked up correctly and the torsion value is as close to 0 as I can get it. Also check the set-up of the injectors as this could be causing issues if this hadn't been done properly during the recall.

I am also seeing, what I think to be abnormally low EGT temps so may have a sensor on its way out. Going to do the mechanical settings first and see if these change.

I went in with 196bhp/303lbft, loads of smoke and poor throttle response and came away with 210bhp/363lbft, alot less smoke and a car that goes like stink. He has also said I can go back once I've done my checks and can have to map updated FOC which is good.

As you can see from that graph it is much smoother.

« Last Edit: January 25, 2014, 07:01:13 pm by Matto »

Offline Biano44

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 14
  • The CC GT 200
Re: Matto's Shadow Blue GT Sport *Updated 22.12.13 - Re-remapped*
« Reply #216 on: December 22, 2013, 07:33:58 pm »
Good update Matto,
I've been checking all day to see if you had.
Good news that you've made progress. Makes me more confident that I can improve mine!

Offline marko

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 33
    • Email
« Reply #217 on: December 22, 2013, 08:26:47 pm »
So wish we had diesel mappers in Ireland..lol
Was chatting with a diesel mapper on here but don't want generic mapping after reading above.i'll just leave the dpf in till I can go to uk and get it done..
Great read matteo...some great info
 :happy2:
2007 TR gt170...heated leather,underseat drawers,auto-levelling bi-xenons,puddle leds,chrome switches,footwell lights f+r,cruise control and ed30 rear lamps,LED interior....carbon highline clocks,ed30 front spoiler,RNS 510 P+MDI,mk6 gti gearknob,TPMS done,complete r32 trim kit+ MFSW,r32 f+r brakes,RLS fitted.headlamp washers,folding mirrors and boot pop,mk6 RVC,19"Helios,AP coilies,valeo LEDs  ...dpf delete and remap to finish off

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #218 on: December 22, 2013, 11:04:11 pm »
now that is a lot better and i bet its good you can see out of your back window :signLOL:As said heard good thinks about Chris at cc tuning

Offline Matto

• Thank You
« Reply #219 on: December 23, 2013, 12:11:41 pm »
Good update Matto,
I've been checking all day to see if you had.
Good news that you've made progress. Makes me more confident that I can improve mine!

Haha have you? Yeah made some progress but think there could be better results once all the mechanical settings have been checked/adjusted. TBH I haven't had a proper drive of it yet as not needed to go anywhere. Off to work later so will see how it goes. Some settling down to do I think with being messed with.

So wish we had diesel mappers in Ireland..lol
Was chatting with a diesel mapper on here but don't want generic mapping after reading above.i'll just leave the dpf in till I can go to uk and get it done..
Great read matteo...some great info
 :happy2:

Is there no one at all over there? I wouldn't say there is anything wrong with generic maps. You just need one that has been done by someone who has done their testing and research. Although the custom route is the best as each car is different and can be tailored to your requirements/mods etc. Think you need a road trip  :happy2:

now that is a lot better and i bet its good you can see out of your back window :signLOL:As said heard good thinks about Chris at cc tuning

Definitely noticed a huge reduction in smoke that's for sure. Before you could squeeze the throttle so it started to build boost but not gain any real speed and it would pummel out the back. Hopefully now the rear will stay cleaner for longer.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2013, 12:15:02 pm by Matto »

Offline torque777

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 12
Re:
« Reply #220 on: December 29, 2013, 11:14:44 am »
So no black soot all over your tailgate now ? ...chris wells deffo knows his stuff

sent using my own fingers

Offline Matto

• Thank You
« Reply #221 on: December 30, 2013, 10:21:56 pm »
So no black soot all over your tailgate now ? wells deffo knows his stuff

Nowhere near as much. Been a couple of weeks now and not even a hint on the boot lid. Insides of the pipes are black but the outsides are still clean.

Offline torque777

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 12
Re:
« Reply #222 on: December 31, 2013, 06:56:38 pm »
That's good news then

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #223 on: December 31, 2013, 08:03:58 pm »
Excellent news..looks like your car is mapped right now  :happy2:

Offline Matto

• Thank You
Re: Matto's Shadow Blue GT Sport *Updated 10.01.14 - Mini Mod Time*
« Reply #224 on: January 10, 2014, 05:31:43 pm »
Here is my update for January. As some will have read I had the car re-remapped at CC Tuning before Christmas as I wasn't happy with the Shark software. I have now had chance to drive it properly and I must say I am very impressed. It goes like stink. Its smooth and progressive and really puts you back in your seat. It gains speed so quickly. I am seeing better fuel economy on motorway runs and overtaking is just effortless. Another big plus is the rear of the car is staying much cleaner apart from normal road grime. I would go as far as saying there isn't a hint of black on the boot lid and I last washed it the day it was mapped which was 21st Dec. Overall I am very pleased.

So, January didn't start too great. The biggest issue I had was when I came to reset the timing as Chris at CC had been playing with it whilst mapping. He had mapped a few PD170's in the previous weeks to mine and they were making very good figures and thought this was down to the cam timing. I went in with a torsion value of 1.89 degrees advanced on the inlet cam. From doing some research, the ideal figure for this was around 0.5 degrees advanced. During the mapping we got it down to 0.74 which was as close as we could get as the movements on the cam are so small. We found that the timing only made a difference of around 3-4bhp. The biggest difference was in the smoothness of the graph and 0.74 was the figure we settled with. Due the the front cam being moved I wanted to now sync the exhaust cam to the inlet cam, something I have done previously and took around half an hour. Well this time I was sh1t out of luck. Somehow both camshaft locking pins had got jammed in and I mean properly jammed in. I finally managed to get them out after around 6 hrs of swearing and trying everything I knew. Unfortunately by this time it was too late to carry on and finish it so had to refit the cam pulleys, belt and time it up correctly two days later due to the weather.

Now I know some would say to have left it but since it had been mapped I was getting cold start issues and thought it had to be down to either mapping or timing as those were the only 2 things that had changed. Now with everything timed up to factory set I get a torsion value of 2.29 which is a lot higher than what is 'recommended' but I no longer have the cold start issue plus that is the position where all 3 locking pins can be fitted.

Anyway enough rambling as I know people only want to see pictures  :signLOL:

So a few more photos of what I have been up to lately. Firstly I got hold of the full interior LED kit that is advertised on here.

Front and rear interior LED's installed:

Front and rear footwell LED's installed:

The kit also come with LED's for the glovebox, vanity mirrors, boot and number plate lights. Light output is good and all are error free  :happy2:

There are also LED's for the sidelights available too.

Next on the list was a little mod I had seen Torque777 do to his which was change the battery bag to the proper battery box. It just neatens the engine bay up.

Before:

After:

And most recently I have added the MK6 climate panel.

And one last photo which I haven't posted before is I finally got hold of some drivers side chrome window switches.

Thanks for looking  :smiley:
« Last Edit: January 25, 2014, 07:04:05 pm by Matto »