Make a donation

Author Topic: RS4 v M3  (Read 13675 times)

Offline QD MBE

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 102
Re: RS4 v M3
« Reply #75 on: November 19, 2011, 08:29:29 am »
Fairly easy to find too.....................

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 39
  • Prev car - Candy DSG ED30 No. 2235
    • Email
« Reply #76 on: November 19, 2011, 11:21:09 am »
self employed tradesmen make good money, agreed.

Well.. we would all be much better off if we got paid cash and didn't declare it....  :confused:

Oh Oh jumping to conclusions  :happy2: no one said anything about not declaring it, would not say that as i dont know.

As a self emplyed person myself i understand how accountants work and how NI works too, i know personally i have to keep EVERY receipt for my accountant come late november as everything legally possible is offset against earnings so this coupled with the fact you dont pay 11% NI contributions means your better off anyway.
Plus when you drive an RS4 as your "Work" vehicle all those bills and running costs are knocked off your accounts and if his wife/gf works for him (I dont know this im just speculation) she also has allowances and also a company vehicle to offset against accounts.
IM sure someone is an accountant on here and can say that SE people definately have it easier when it comes to taxes..

« Last Edit: November 19, 2011, 11:26:29 am by Tamiyoman »
MK7 Golf R, Pure White 3Dr DSG, Had since 10/06/14

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #77 on: November 19, 2011, 11:22:23 am »

Lot of useful information there.......................  Might want to review?
[/quote]

Not especcially no thanks

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #78 on: November 19, 2011, 11:24:42 am »
Yeah, something tells me RS4 driving window cleaners in Manchester might have a sideline of sorts...

Ha ha, yeah im positive my window cleaner mate is a big time gangsta with a sideline in human trafficking or black market organ trading  :grin: err I dont think lol

What is it with everyone?, is it the typical british mentality rearing its ugly head, if someone who is doing well for himself, he is automatically assumed to be a crook or hated?.

Fair play to them I say they work hard they get paid thats as simple as it looks to me, im self employed and pay my taxes via my accountant every year have done for the last 6 years, prior to that I paid through the nose like all employed people
« Last Edit: November 19, 2011, 11:29:45 am by Tamiyoman »

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 802
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=6gusq1510570kpfma2ctie9so8&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #79 on: November 19, 2011, 12:35:50 pm »

Well.. we would all be much better off if we got paid cash and didn't declare it....  :confused:

Oh Oh jumping to conclusions  :happy2: no one said anything about not declaring it, would not say that as i dont know.

As a self emplyed person myself i understand how accountants work and how NI works too, i know personally i have to keep EVERY receipt for my accountant come late november as everything legally possible is offset against earnings so this coupled with the fact you dont pay 11% NI contributions means your better off anyway.
Plus when you drive an RS4 as your "Work" vehicle all those bills and running costs are knocked off your accounts and if his wife/gf works for him (I dont know this im just speculation) she also has allowances and also a company vehicle to offset against accounts.
IM sure someone is an accountant on here and can say that SE people definately have it easier when it comes to taxes..

Thanks for the lecture.... Im self employed so I'm fully aware of how it works.  :wink:

Id like to know how much your window cleaning friends gross PA. Offsetting an RS4 against a window cleaning round is hardly gonna equate to big bucks, don't window cleaners walk between houses?

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #80 on: November 19, 2011, 12:42:23 pm »
Your welcome on the lecture  :happy2: altho it was more for the employed folks benefit  :innocent:, and yeah I would love to ask him how much he earns gross before allowances, but as i dont even ask my best mates what they earn i'm not likely to ask what my window cleaner earns am i  :P

Regards walking between houses i believe thats true as he does a few on our road, but I dont think the ladders fly themselves from his house to his rounds tho?  :grin:

Off-setting a partial value of your car (depreciation or %age per year) each year (based on purchase price) plus the majority of fuel costs (If he uses it mainly for work),  adding into that the servicing costs, replacement parts, mechanics bills, cleaning costs etc etc, it soon adds up.

« Last Edit: November 19, 2011, 12:50:31 pm by Tamiyoman »

Offline rich83

• Thank You
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=6gusq1510570kpfma2ctie9so8&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #81 on: November 19, 2011, 12:46:03 pm »
Your welcome on the lecture  :happy2: altho it was more for the employed folks benefit  :innocent:, and yeah I would love to ask him how much he earns gross before allowances, but as i dont even ask my best mates what they earn i'm not likely to ask what my window cleaner earns am i  :P

Regards walking between houses i believe thats true as he does a few on our road, but I dont think the ladders fly themselves from his house to his rounds tho?

True.... even so. Cash work..... Ill make my own mind up about what he's doing.  :happy2:

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #82 on: November 19, 2011, 12:55:58 pm »
I am pretty sure that millions of people have "Forgot" to put something on their tax return whether in error, due to lack of knowledge or on purpose, I think it happens a lot, like the millions of ebay sellers who are small part time cottage industries, i suspect most of them are doing it in spare time (after work) and that money goes straight in't pocket!? To think otherwise would be naive i think?

Offline Tfsi_Mike

• Thank You
  • -Given: 241
  • -Receive: 309
  • Go Large or Go Home
    • Tfsi Mikes Money Pit AKS / TTE / RTech St2+ Cupra
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,32721.msg402587.html#msg402587
« Reply #83 on: November 19, 2011, 01:01:18 pm »

So errm window rounds, drug lords and eBayers M3 and RS4 ?  :popcornsoda:

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
« Reply #84 on: November 19, 2011, 01:01:34 pm »
Window cleaners! the new footballers  :laugh:

I heard your mate refused to wash his sponges when asked to, and has now disappeared back to Skegness and refuses to come back to his round where the housewives love him.  :wink:

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #85 on: November 19, 2011, 01:07:48 pm »
Sorry maybe I missed either the sarcasm or news story related to your comment as i dont get it?.

He is happy with 2 kids and is in manchester (no where near skegness!).

OK back on topic, now as I really cannot be bothered with all the questions or comments about a my window cleaner, seriously, get over it  :P
« Last Edit: November 19, 2011, 01:09:43 pm by Tamiyoman »

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
« Reply #86 on: November 19, 2011, 01:10:23 pm »
Nevermind, was just a Tevez joke.    :rolleye:

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #87 on: November 19, 2011, 01:17:49 pm »
TEVEZ = TRAITOR, dont talk to me about him, he should be banned form ever playing again!!  :fighting:

Offline Poverty

• Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 21
« Reply #88 on: November 20, 2011, 12:57:04 am »

because blue collared workers possible cannot make good money  :confused:

Someone better tell pimlico plumbers that they are making a mistake giving their plumbers and gas engineers a annual wage of 60k!  :surprised:

As for drug dealers, I get that label all the time. Drug dealers everywhere in London, and the reality is that they dont have alot of money, and certainly dont drive around in super flash motors. Theres a very very few exceptions but the guys peddling the stuff on the corner cant even afford insurance never mind running a m3. Now as for the armed robbers, they usually do have a few more tasty motors.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2011, 01:02:52 am by Poverty »

Offline rich83

• Thank You
    • MK5 Golf GTI
« Reply #89 on: November 20, 2011, 01:12:04 am »
I didn't say that poverty, you are manipulating what i am saying.

Well.. we would all be much better off if we got paid cash and didn't declare it....  :confused:

because blue collared workers possible cannot make good money  :confused:

Someone better tell pimlico plumbers that they are making a mistake giving their plumbers and gas engineers a annual wage of 60k!  :surprised:

As for drug dealers, I get that label all the time. Drug dealers everywhere in London, and the reality is that they dont have alot of money, and certainly dont drive around in super flash motors. Theres a very very few exceptions but the guys peddling the stuff on the corner cant even afford insurance never mind running a m3. Now as for the armed robbers, they usually do have a few more tasty motors.