Make a donation

Author Topic: What's my gti worth?  (Read 2989 times)

Offline Flashpilot

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
Re: What's my gti worth?
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2011, 08:37:05 am »
Easy tiger....just wanted someone to come back to me with a car with realistic pricing. If its any consolation, your car looks great....and if it were manual, you'd have an offer right now!   :laugh:

Offline higher1

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 13
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2011, 02:32:45 pm »
This question always brings up different views, you have to wonder if the people writing the replies are valuing it as a buyer or seller??

Im in the trade and the only real valuation guide is glasses guide not silly sites online or services you send a text to!

So a 06 5 door with dsg and 58,000 miles is trade £7825 retail is £9325 but yours has done 80,000 miles so mileage adjustment for that is minus £1000.
These prices are for a standard model with NO extra factory options.

Your options would add value to the car even though so many people say it only makes the car easier to sell or more appealing i bet they dont say that when its their car thats up for sale!

If i was a private seller i would check ebay autotrader pistonheads for vehicles of similar age, mileage and spec and gauge the value between them, then price it as close to them as possible.
Just remember one thing though one persons idea of mint or spotless could be miles from another and if a car is priced really really cheap its normally for a reason, either its not a very desirable car/model, they have money problems and need to sell quick or its a rough one/mechanical problems.

Ah-exclusive custom ultra low H&R Coilovers 110mm, ITG induction kit, 18" super RS's, USA rear bumper, USA front grille with smooth number plate surround,recaro bucket seats. now sold !

mk1 golf 1.8 20v turbo

Offline Greeners

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2011, 02:34:52 pm »
Ok, we have a For Sale section so if you do decide you want to sell your car please place it there with all the appropriate information and a price!  :wink: