• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
orange
« on: November 29, 2011, 04:39:11 pm »
anyone here on orange???

i am on a 24 month iphone contract with orange, have had it for around 18 months now, this is my 3rd contract with them. i also have a mobile broadband contract with tham and also home broadband. anyway, i got a text from them today saying my monthly mobile charge will be going up by 4.34% from the 8th jan 2012, it dont sound alot but thats not the point, the thing thats annoying me is that they are doing this when i am over half way through a contract, i thought the price would be the same for the whole of the contract. They say its due to the rise in inflation.

i have been thinking of changing networks when my contract finishes but this rise has confirmed it for me.

is anyone else on orange and had this same text and are they allowed to just change prices over halfway through a contract????

Offline gti yorks

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
Re: orange
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2011, 06:31:19 pm »
just had a rant at orange on the phone, changed my tariff, £15 cheaper but same minutes, same texts but more internet usage, work that one out?????

also cancelled my mobile broadband contract so am £50 a month better off in total, RESULT :jumping: :jumping:

Offline JackG

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 33
  • -Receive: 31
  • aint nuttin to it but to do it.
    • Distinct Detailing
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2011, 09:33:40 pm »
Done the same to me too, I'm not having that, the amount of pepole that won't renew will hurt them so much more
I'll be calling them tomorrow but with the whole "pay for your monthly bill or get it online" thing and now the price rise has just took the pi55 in my eyes, they can change people's contracts twice in 1 year and expect everyone to be happy?

Seems to me like they think there the government  :signLOL:

www.distinctdetailing.co.uk
visit website for current offers!

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 442
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2011, 09:49:53 pm »
had the same text send to me--ring them tomorrow and change tarrifs :fighting:

Offline gti yorks

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2011, 11:55:10 am »
The guy I spoke to was very helpful, he listened to my rant and then said he would call me back in 30 mins, 30 mins later he called back and sorted me a better tariff for cheaper and advised me to cancel my mobile broadband as I haven't used it much lately, let me off the last 3 months of the mobile broadband.
He said they had loads of calls complaining about the price increase. He was the most helpful person at orange I have ever dealt with, usually get some geezer in India called John who can't understand you lol.

Offline JackG

• Thank You
  • -Given: 33
  • -Receive: 31
  • aint nuttin to it but to do it.
    • Distinct Detailing
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2011, 01:33:45 pm »
Does changing the Tariff mean it starts again?

www.distinctdetailing.co.uk
visit website for current offers!

Offline JJ

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 5
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2011, 03:17:30 pm »

It shouldn't do.  I changed my Vodafone tariff the other day as they were robbing me blind and it's not changed the date upon which I will be telling them to shove it!

Offline gti yorks

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2011, 07:03:14 pm »

no definitely not, but you have to be a certain lenght of time into your contract, i am on a 24 month contract and you cant downgrade from the tariff you originally took the contract out on for 12 months, but you can upgrade the contract at any time.