Make a donation

Author Topic: Buying parts on ebay versus website outlets rant  (Read 789 times)

Offline Tamiyoman

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 39
  • Prev car - Candy DSG ED30 No. 2235
    • Email
Buying parts on ebay versus website outlets rant
« on: December 05, 2011, 10:26:35 am »
Been looking for a few bits recently and saw one of them on ebay for £37.51 (Free shipping), so I contacted the company (Via their website, NOT ebay) and they ignored my first 2 emails (finally replied to my 3rd after 6 days!, funnily enough they replied to my ebay message after 3 hours!!!), I asked if they stocked them on their website as I wanted to buy one and they said yes they are in stock and the price is £42.76 (Free shipping)  :surprised:

Err how does that work then, buy direct at £42.76 (They get the full £42.76) or buy on Ebay for £37.50 (They get £33.90 after ebay fees deducted! and thats assuming they get volume discounts otherwise they only get £33.00).

Looks like they are basically using ebay for advertising and geting traffic to their site where they can charge more (if buyers are stupid enough to do so).

Any decent seller would surely sell on ebay at set price and offer a small discount to buy direct on their own website, this way they get more money and buyers gets a small discount!!, everyone happy!.

MMph rant over and yes I bought the item from them from EBAY!!!!!

This also happened with some tyres I bought, large tyre company selling tyres on ebay at same prce as they sell direct, It does not make sense to me  :fighting:
« Last Edit: December 05, 2011, 11:56:55 am by Tamiyoman »
MK7 Golf R, Pure White 3Dr DSG, Had since 10/06/14