Make a donation

Author Topic: USA Style Front Side Markers  (Read 2408 times)

Offline sideshowfred

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
USA Style Front Side Markers
« on: December 09, 2011, 07:43:55 pm »
I'm thinking about buying some of these after Christmas. I was just wondering what the best way to fit them would be? Should i take the plunge and cut into my current bumper or save up a bit more and buy a USA spec front bumper with holes already in it? I've noticed a few people on here have them so was just wondering how everyone else did it.

Also, i want a number plate plinth that will fit directly to my grill but is sized for a 12x6 plate (again, USA size). A few popped up on ebay a while back for a Jetta, so would one of those fit?

Cheers,
Fred

Offline sideshowfred

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
Re: USA Style Front Side Markers
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2011, 07:27:38 pm »
I've been checking ebay.com constantly and there pretty scarce on there!! Guess it's just a case of playing the waiting game  :sad1:

Offline mkviken

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 13
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2011, 08:18:21 pm »
why do you want the US bumper? most people over there want the side markers filled in

Offline sideshowfred

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2011, 08:27:56 am »
why do you want the US bumper? most people over there want the side markers filled in

As trio said above. Also, I really like the look of the sidemarkers. I think they'd be pretty cool to run. I guess it's always a case of wanting what another market has from the factory.

Offline Jaywoo-GTI

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 38
  • -Receive: 34
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2011, 08:41:42 am »
Also, i want a number plate plinth that will fit directly to my grill but is sized for a 12x6 plate (again, USA size).  

1K0 807 285 9B9 should be the US front plinth holder found it out for one of my mates a while back.

Offline sideshowfred

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2011, 01:25:17 pm »

1K0 807 285 9B9 should be the US front plinth holder found it out for one of my mates a while back.

Cheers, that's exactly what I needed.

Offline mkviken

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 13
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2011, 03:10:36 pm »
most people over there want the side markers filled in

thats over there, we are not over there

thanks for clearing that up. your good.

I've been checking ebay.com constantly and there pretty scarce on there!! Guess it's just a case of playing the waiting game  :sad1:

you can access where the side markers fit fom inside the wheel arch fog light access so shouldn't be too bad to fit.

Offline sub39h

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 189
  • -Receive: 84
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2011, 05:23:20 pm »

lol it's always the way isn't it! the 8P is available with a non smoking pack as a no cost option. ppl who have the ashtray drawer always change it for the non smoking back change tray, and those with the non smoking pack always seem to change it for the ashtray drawer!

my 1.6 had the non-smoking pack, and my 2.0T has the smoking pack. the non-smoking pack tray is definitely more convenient, but the grass is always greener isn't it!!
2006 Phantom Black A3 2.0T S-Line
DSG | Rear Parking Sensors | MFSW | BOSE | Auto lights/wipers | Half leather
MODS : '09 tail lights | TT vents | Bilstein B14 | RNS-E 2010 | AMI | AKS Tuning custom CAI | Titanium BBS VZs | NQS BBK | WALK | Autotech RARB | Bluemotion aero | Blueflame TBE | Autotech HPFP | MY11 Wing Mirrors | Bluetooth | S3 Intercooler
PLANS: Stage 2+