Make a donation

Author Topic: warranty voiding  (Read 1338 times)

Offline nathangallo

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 4
    • Email
warranty voiding
« on: December 11, 2011, 07:23:18 pm »
hi just a bit of help someone may know, i have vw warranty with my car at the moment would lowering the car void it atall ? :confused:

Offline Phil Miller

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 86
  • -Receive: 34
    • Email
Re: warranty voiding
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2011, 08:05:53 pm »
Yes it would
2004 Golf 5dr TDI, 140 remap, GTI front bumper, skirts, highline cluster, 18in wheels, jamax coilovers, winter pack
WANTED HIGHLINE CCM AND CECM PLEASE PM ME IF YOU CAN HELP

Offline MAT ED30

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 82
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2011, 08:07:31 pm »
Yes it would

no it would not it only voids the warranty on the parts you have taken off the car

Mods yes but way too many to stick in this little box

Offline Phil Miller

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 86
  • -Receive: 34
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2011, 08:12:55 pm »
There's me told :laugh: I'm sure I read in my oh's warranty paperwork that if the car is altered in anyway the warranty VW offer is void, must have dreamt that........
2004 Golf 5dr TDI, 140 remap, GTI front bumper, skirts, highline cluster, 18in wheels, jamax coilovers, winter pack
WANTED HIGHLINE CCM AND CECM PLEASE PM ME IF YOU CAN HELP

Offline nathangallo

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2011, 08:20:50 pm »
Yes it would

no it would not it only voids the warranty on the parts you have taken off the car

ye kinda guessed that but if something goes completely different it should be ok! :smiley:

Offline MAT ED30

• Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 82
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2011, 08:25:45 pm »
it depends on your dealer if i am honest as some get silly and just won't touch a car with mods on it but if you clever you could get vw to fit the springs for you and then if they break something then all you say is you fit em

Mods yes but way too many to stick in this little box

Offline SteveyD

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 7
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2011, 09:43:08 pm »
It does depend on your dealer and they have a right to void anything related to suspension mods and that could go as far as driveshafts, gearbox etc but remember dealers actually profit from warranty work.  I had my cambelt replaced under warranty and let them have my car without taking remap and milltek off. 

Offline nathangallo

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2011, 09:58:41 pm »
It does depend on your dealer and they have a right to void anything related to suspension mods and that could go as far as driveshafts, gearbox etc but remember dealers actually profit from warranty work.  I had my cambelt replaced under warranty and let them have my car without taking remap and milltek off. 

why did you have your cambelt done i thought that was a servicable item which we had to do

Offline sub39h

• Thank You
  • -Given: 189
  • -Receive: 84
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2011, 10:01:42 pm »
as above, the warranty's only void in relation to the parts affected.

my car was an Audi Approved car with a 1 year warranty and the dealer knew it had been lowered and that it had had RNS-E fitted etc and they still covered all my warranty gripes. i do have a very good relationship with my dealer tho, dunno if that makes a difference.
2006 Phantom Black A3 2.0T S-Line
DSG | Rear Parking Sensors | MFSW | BOSE | Auto lights/wipers | Half leather
MODS : '09 tail lights | TT vents | Bilstein B14 | RNS-E 2010 | AMI | AKS Tuning custom CAI | Titanium BBS VZs | NQS BBK | WALK | Autotech RARB | Bluemotion aero | Blueflame TBE | Autotech HPFP | MY11 Wing Mirrors | Bluetooth | S3 Intercooler
PLANS: Stage 2+

Offline SteveyD

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2011, 10:12:51 pm »

why did you have your cambelt done i thought that was a servicable item which we had to do

It is, but I had the tensioner issue when engine was cold, obviously to replace the tensioner you also replace the cambelt.  I'd half expected to be fobbed off because of engine tuning but everything went smoothly

Offline nathangallo

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2011, 10:22:01 pm »
ah i see i think its best that i talk to the dealer that will be carrying out my work if anything does happen just incase, but its killing me as ive only had the car for a month and want to do so much to it just a bit scared cus of the warranty :jumping:

Offline SteveyD

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2011, 10:56:09 pm »
I wouldn't worry too much, get modding :)